What? Are you fucking kidding me? New York Times posts an article advocating against free speech.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Britain should have reneged on that contract.
The UK did float the idea of continuing the lease in the 1980s. The reply was, I paraphrase, "Hong Kong is not the Falklands and China is not Argentina". The implied threat in there was noted.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Based on the same source, CNN is left but has mixed results, too!

Thus why I have repeatedly criticized CNN on the escapist for years now. I try to make sure I use additional, highly credible sources as well if the story is being reported by CNN (one of the reasons I usually have more articles linked than just one).

Even though CNN is still more credible than say FOX news Breitbart, NY Post or any Sinclair owned media, they really should be called "corporate news network" as they are owned by AT&T, and as I have also expressed repeatedly, the world would be better off without.

I have repeatedly stated on the escapist that I still think CNN was part of the reason why Trump was elected. They feed off one another and he has been extremely beneficial to their ratings and funding.

For Example:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tireseas

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Here we go again! Trump is worse than Biden, and your conclusions on the latter are made even before an investigation on the "laptop from hell" has started. So much for false equivalencies!

Little by little, you're going to realize that not just Trump but his opponents (and not just Biden) have been engaged in such deals, and worse.
Lesley Stahl nailed the reason why you are not finding the Hunter Biden story on any more credible sites. She told Trump directly during the 60 minutes interview that the reason no one is running the story is they are unable to verify it. You can't just make up whatever you want and expect the vetted news sources to run it. They have to be able to verify it or they will not. There are a number of problems with Trump's version here that have been already confirmed by the FBI to be inaccurate. The reason WHY it is being dismissed is because what is being reported is contradictory to the evidence the FBI claims to have.

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
Thus why I have repeatedly criticized CNN on the escapist for years now. I try to make sure I use additional, highly credible sources as well if the story is being reported by CNN (one of the reasons I usually have more articles linked than just one).

Even though CNN is still more credible than say FOX news Breitbart, NY Post or any Sinclair owned media, they really should be called "corporate news network" as they are owned by AT&T, and as I have also expressed repeatedly, the world would be better off without.

I have repeatedly stated on the escapist that I still think CNN was part of the reason why Trump was elected. They feed off one another and he has been extremely beneficial to their ratings and funding.

For Example:
Why are you still insisting that CNN is more credible than Fox when the fact checking site you shared shows mixed results for both?

Also, I think the reason why Trump won wasn't because of CNN or even claims of Russian collusion or Facebook selling data but that more people were resisting the likes of Clinton, and with her leaders like Obama, Bush, and more. In short, they--Washington, the rich, mainstream media, pollsters--were all expecting Clinton to win and got the shock of their life when the TV personality and businessman won instead. In fact, the latter was surprised himself as he did not even prepare for a victory party.

After that, as you pointed out, they--and not just CNN but even Fox--started feeding off of Trump, just as they did Obama and Bush before. Whatever is promoted, copy sells. Similarly, social media companies sell data to anyone who's willing to pay, which means they are all basically apolitical.

But there's one catch: the owners of these corporations are among the richest in the country, and they gained immensely from having political leaders like Reagan and everyone else who followed him, which means subsequent Presidents all the way to Obama. And what they liked was the combination of neoliberalism, which allowed for deregulation and the use of foreign policies with loans and aid to control other countries, and neoconservatism, which used the military, foreign policies, and intelligence agencies for the same ends.

And it's not just the President that's involved but multiple politicians and government officials working across many agencies and several administrations. That's why even Trump could do little to counter them across the last four years.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Why are you still insisting that CNN is more credible than Fox when the fact checking site you shared shows mixed results for both?

Also, I think the reason why Trump won wasn't because of CNN or even claims of Russian collusion or Facebook selling data but that more people were resisting the likes of Clinton, and with her leaders like Obama, Bush, and more. In short, they--Washington, the rich, mainstream media, pollsters--were all expecting Clinton to win and got the shock of their life when the TV personality and businessman won instead. In fact, the latter was surprised himself as he did not even prepare for a victory party.

After that, as you pointed out, they--and not just CNN but even Fox--started feeding off of Trump, just as they did Obama and Bush before. Whatever is promoted, copy sells. Similarly, social media companies sell data to anyone who's willing to pay, which means they are all basically apolitical.

But there's one catch: the owners of these corporations are among the richest in the country, and they gained immensely from having political leaders like Reagan and everyone else who followed him, which means subsequent Presidents all the way to Obama. And what they liked was the combination of neoliberalism, which allowed for deregulation and the use of foreign policies with loans and aid to control other countries, and neoconservatism, which used the military, foreign policies, and intelligence agencies for the same ends.

And it's not just the President that's involved but multiple politicians and government officials working across many agencies and several administrations. That's why even Trump could do little to counter them across the last four years.
I am saying that while Both CNN and Fox have mixed results, it is WHAT they have mixed results on that is the issue. Fox has been known to promote everything from conspiracy to outright lies and then continue to run it even after it was proven false. Clinton won more of the popular vote is why they thought Clinton would win, because she did actually win the popular vote. I wouldn't call Trump a " businessman" that is reserved for people who actually know how to run businesses successfully, when his track record and taxes show us he has no clue what he is doing with running businesses as he runs them into the ground. Trump, has however, been given more opportunity to be wealthy than just about anyone on the planet with his Daddy providing him with his fortune that he has been blowing through. Hillary went to public school, unlike Trump who was served on a silver platter his entire life. Trump didn't pay his bills and put small businesses under by swindling them WHILE literally building himself diamond and gold encrusted doors with the money he owed them. Trump is just a fraud, a con artist. Worse than Bush, Obama, Clinton and the rest of modern presidents COMBINED. He should have to sell his properties and pay off all the money he owes everyone INCLUDING the tax payers who have been footing the bills for all his bankruptcies.

The funniest thing is that anyone actually thinks Trump wanted to " counter" anything. The ONLY thing Trump wanted to counter was anything that would help the poor because he hates the poor like no other. He loves the corporations and put them in charge.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
?

Trump wasn't remotely interested in countering them. Trump doesn't have any political ideology or aims; his ambitions don't extend beyond boosting his ego and bank balance.

Reactions: lil devils x

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The UK did float the idea of continuing the lease in the 1980s. The reply was, I paraphrase, "Hong Kong is not the Falklands and China is not Argentina". The implied threat in there was noted.
Well the China of 40 years ago is not the China of today. But you’re right, it would have just ended up a disastrous show of brinkmanship at best, and worst case is the third act of Tomorrow Never Dies without Jonathan Pryce as a convenient scapegoat.

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
I am saying that while Both CNN and Fox have mixed results, it is WHAT they have mixed results on that is the issue. Fox has been known to promote everything from conspiracy to outright lies and then continue to run it even after it was proven false. Clinton won more of the popular vote is why they thought Clinton would win, because she did actually win the popular vote. I wouldn't call Trump a " businessman" that is reserved for people who actually know how to run businesses successfully, when his track record and taxes show us he has no clue what he is doing with running businesses as he runs them into the ground. Trump, has however, been given more opportunity to be wealthy than just about anyone on the planet with his Daddy providing him with his fortune that he has been blowing through. Hillary went to public school, unlike Trump who was served on a silver platter his entire life. Trump didn't pay his bills and put small businesses under by swindling them WHILE literally building himself diamond and gold encrusted doors with the money he owed them. Trump is just a fraud, a con artist. Worse than Bush, Obama, Clinton and the rest of modern presidents COMBINED. He should have to sell his properties and pay off all the money he owes everyone INCLUDING the tax payers who have been footing the bills for all his bankruptcies.

The funniest thing is that anyone actually thinks Trump wanted to " counter" anything. The ONLY thing Trump wanted to counter was anything that would help the poor because he hates the poor like no other. He loves the corporations and put them in charge.

Both companies do that. For example, recall the CNN interview with Schiff, who claimed that intelligence agencies reported that the contents of Biden's laptop is based on Russian disinformation, and then Ratcliffe interviewed by Fox stating that the agencies did no such thing. The reality is that both companies are part of a media industry controlled mostly by the rich who work for one politician or another.

The rest of your points are one-sided, especially the claim that a businessman has to be successful. Never mind the fact that you completely ignore the point that many U.S. businessmen and corporations did the same as Trump across two decades, and thanks to provisions established by Bush, Obama, and Trump, and stemming from deregulation and coddling the rich that stretches all the way back to Reagan, and earlier. Even the actions committed by Trump and Biden pale in comparison to the trillions in unaudited bailouts awarded by Bush and Obama, but that makes none of them any less guilty.

The truth is that the very organizations and politicians you despise are no different from the ones you admire.

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
?

Trump wasn't remotely interested in countering them. Trump doesn't have any political ideology or aims; his ambitions don't extend beyond boosting his ego and bank balance.
To answer your question, Washington consists of neocons and neolibs across both political parties, and they work for Wall Street.

That's why Trump gave tax breaks to billionaires and could do very little to counter the military industrial complex funded by the same. That's also why I won't be surprised if many of the same billionaires supported Bush and Obama, and prefer Biden because he is like the two.

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
Well the China of 40 years ago is not the China of today. But you’re right, it would have just ended up a disastrous show of brinkmanship at best, and worst case is the third act of Tomorrow Never Dies without Jonathan Pryce as a convenient scapegoat.
Not only that, but most don't know the lengthy history behind it. HK was taken away from China because the latter lost against the British, who wanted to flood the kingdom with opium, and decades before many military powers, including the U.S., wanted to carve up China.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Not only that, but most don't know the lengthy history behind it. HK was taken away from China because the latter lost against the British, who wanted to flood the kingdom with opium, and decades before many military powers, including the U.S., wanted to carve up China.
I assumed the history of it was sordid since nine times out of ten it usually is.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Both companies do that. For example, recall the CNN interview with Schiff, who claimed that intelligence agencies reported that the contents of Biden's laptop is based on Russian disinformation, and then Ratcliffe interviewed by Fox stating that the agencies did no such thing. The reality is that both companies are part of a media industry controlled mostly by the rich who work for one politician or another.

The rest of your points are one-sided, especially the claim that a businessman has to be successful. Never mind the fact that you completely ignore the point that many U.S. businessmen and corporations did the same as Trump across two decades, and thanks to provisions established by Bush, Obama, and Trump, and stemming from deregulation and coddling the rich that stretches all the way back to Reagan, and earlier. Even the actions committed by Trump and Biden pale in comparison to the trillions in unaudited bailouts awarded by Bush and Obama, but that makes none of them any less guilty.

The truth is that the very organizations and politicians you despise are no different from the ones you admire.
I am not going to be one to defend Fox or CNN, however, when you look at the sheer amount of this happening on FOX, to consider them a source for anything other than a joke at this point would be ridiculous. Fox is more like infowars at this point than actual news. It just pretends to be news.

Tbh, it would be doing everyone a favor if they both just shut down entirely, including breitbart and all of Sinclair media for that matter and let someone more credible fill the holes. They do everyone a disservice by charading as news.

One sided? I have listen to what Trump had to say about this and it is blatantly obvious he just lied. The man has lost all credibility. Trump tried to call these people "sharks" when all you have to do is listen to them, check their facts to know nothing Trump said about them was remotely true. One sided? How else do you explain trump saying he loved this mans architecture for one of his favorite clubhouses then sending a team of lawyers in there when he was supposed to pay him to bully him into not being paid. Trump could have easily paid off what he owed him by selling those ugly gold and diamonds doors he had put in at the time.

Nevermind that the corporations he was supposed to help save the people from are who Trump is giving all the power to? Are you saying we should just ignore what Trump was doing because other bad people were doing this too? WTH? One minute you are saying that trump was supposed to save the people from these guys the next you are saying it is okay if he screws us over because the guys he is supposed to save us from did it to? WTH am I even reading here?! NONE OF IT IS OKAY. Hell Trump is the worst of the worst here and you just tried to justify it. ;s It is all pretty gross. Trump is not only the reason why we are headed for an economic collapse, he is speeding it up and ensuring more people die when it happens:

ALL of his policies make this worse, not better and ensures more people die when it does. That isn't helping us in any way shape or form. That is not one sided, it is the reality of what we are facing here.

"Bailouts" are not what you should be concerned about right now tbh. We have MUCH bigger worries. It is like worrying about whether or not they steam cleaned the rugs when this is happening to your house:
1603986597533.jpeg

When all of Trump's actual policies here are making this happen faster, worsening the problems and ensuring more people are harmed, it is REALLY difficult to claim he is trying to help here.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
To answer your question, Washington consists of neocons and neolibs across both political parties, and they work for Wall Street.

That's why Trump gave tax breaks to billionaires and could do very little to counter the military industrial complex funded by the same. That's also why I won't be surprised if many of the same billionaires supported Bush and Obama, and prefer Biden because he is like the two.
Um WHAT?! Trump complained that Obama made us weak by not feeding the military industrial complex enough. He has been making sure we feed them MORE than we ever have. You need to stop listening to his lies and LOOK at his actions here..

If you haven't figured this out already, Trump just bold face lies to you and everyone else. His actions are so much louder than his blabbering tweets. Trump has tightened the grip of the industrial military complex, spent more on them than anyone else and his fake comments on them mean nothing when you look at his actions. It is just another scam. LOL

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The politicians who expand food programs for the poor, whose policies increase access to healthcare, reduce homelessness, and actively work to reduce poverty, suffering and death are the politicians I admire. If they do not do that they are repulsive and have no business being in office in the first place. You see, just being in office while reaping the benefits of actions that came before them doesn't cut it. You judge them by their OWN actual actions taken here. Their actual current policies, plans and votes actually matter. Homelessness has increased under Trump every single year while trump cut affordable housing assistance. Trump is fighting in the courts to take away people's access to food and medical treatment. Trump has done nothing to protect vulnerable people during the Pandemic. Trump has pushed wealth inequality to an all time high. He keeps setting records all right, in increasing the very wealth inequality that is causing our civilization to collapse. When the civilization does collapse, it will be the poor, the sick, the vulnerable who are made to suffer the worst and die. That is why nations who actually care for their people are working to find ways to prevent that and reduce inequality by experimenting with UBI programs and strengthening their safety net while Trump is working to destroy the very small one the US has now when we need to expand it to be bigger and stronger than ever right now. No US safety net= millions of Americans will die.

Last edited:

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
I am not going to be one to defend Fox or CNN, however, when you look at the sheer amount of this happening on FOX, to consider them a source for anything other than a joke at this point would be ridiculous. Fox is more like infowars at this point than actual news. It just pretends to be news.

Tbh, it would be doing everyone a favor if they both just shut down entirely, including breitbart and all of Sinclair media for that matter and let someone more credible fill the holes. They do everyone a disservice by charading as news.

One sided? I have listen to what Trump had to say about this and it is blatantly obvious he just lied. The man has lost all credibility. Trump tried to call these people "sharks" when all you have to do is listen to them, check their facts to know nothing Trump said about them was remotely true. One sided? How else do you explain trump saying he loved this mans architecture for one of his favorite clubhouses then sending a team of lawyers in there when he was supposed to pay him to bully him into not being paid. Trump could have easily paid off what he owed him by selling those ugly gold and diamonds doors he had put in at the time.

Nevermind that the corporations he was supposed to help save the people from are who Trump is giving all the power to? Are you saying we should just ignore what Trump was doing because other bad people were doing this too? WTH? One minute you are saying that trump was supposed to save the people from these guys the next you are saying it is okay if he screws us over because the guys he is supposed to save us from did it to? WTH am I even reading here?! NONE OF IT IS OKAY. Hell Trump is the worst of the worst here and you just tried to justify it. ;s It is all pretty gross. Trump is not only the reason why we are headed for an economic collapse, he is speeding it up and ensuring more people die when it happens:

ALL of his policies make this worse, not better and ensures more people die when it does. That isn't helping us in any way shape or form. That is not one sided, it is the reality of what we are facing here.

"Bailouts" are not what you should be concerned about right now tbh. We have MUCH bigger worries. It is like worrying about whether or not they steam cleaned the rugs when this is happening to your house:
View attachment 1343

When all of Trump's actual policies here are making this happen faster, worsening the problems and ensuring more people are harmed, it is REALLY difficult to claim he is trying to help here.
You compared Fox to Infowars, and yet the SAME source you use disagrees with you!

Factual reporting for Infowars is very low but it's mixed for both Fox and CNN.

I see no point in addressing any more points from you as it it's clear that you can't defend yourself properly.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
You compared Fox to Infowars, and yet the SAME source you use disagrees with you!

Factual reporting for Infowars is very low but it's mixed for both Fox and CNN.

I see no point in addressing any more points from you as it it's clear that you can't defend yourself properly.
Fox ran some of the very same Conspiracies Info wars did. That is why they are comparable.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's okay to call it a duck.
If they don't want to be bottom feeders like Info wars, they need to stop acting like them.
Just because they may run an accurate story about a bear attack here and there doesn't make up for the fact they also run this garbage. They what little credibility they had after that.

I am not the one who needs a defense team at this point. :)

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The New York Times sometimes does this, however;

I mean, Id probably agree that HK is part of China. That's an unfortunate reality

What suprised me the most is that the NYT copied Trump's normal line about BLM. 'Just gotta stop those protest at all costs. (And let's ignore they had a point.)' It's pretty hypocritical calling Trump out on that and being anti-protest for Xi