What? Are you fucking kidding me? New York Times posts an article advocating against free speech.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
But it made their organization look exactly like a quid pro quo trap, to the point where the people working there thought they were. Even her daughter thought it was.
That was why the Clinton's took it a step further and completely made all their financials public remember? That isn't what it said. It didn't say that they though it was a quid pro quo, they were worried it could be misinterpreted that way. There is a difference. They were worried that the donors might think they could use that as leverage to get something they wanted, but there was no evidence that was the case at all.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Because with no evidence of wrong doing, I suspect the auditors made the recommendation they felt had the best chance of being followed to help the foundation’s compliance be better communicated rather than one that is borderline punitive but with no legal backing to enforce.
I mean it was a recommendation, they could make any recommendation they wanted. But it's clear the recommendation did nothing to make the foundation actually look ethical.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
That was why the Clinton's took it a step further and completely made all their financials public remember? That isn't what it said. It didn't say that they though it was a quid pro quo, they were worried it could be misinterpreted that way. There is a difference. They were worried that the donors might think they could use that as leverage to get something they wanted, but there was no evidence that was the case at all.
What it said was that the Clinton's overlap between their work and philanthropy made the organization look like a quid pro quo situation, and that the people working there and their families thought it was.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Because with no evidence of wrong doing, I suspect the auditors made the recommendation they felt had the best chance of being followed to help the foundation’s compliance be better communicated rather than one that is borderline punitive but with no legal backing to enforce.
Usually former first lady's don't go back into politics for their charity donors to somehow be misinterpreted that way in the first place. I can imagine if we looked at other first lady's contact lists for charity events there would have been overlaps there as well as those making deals currently with the US government as well even if the first lady and former president are no longer involved in state business. In Hillary's case she went back in, that is the only weird thing about any of this.

I do not see the lists overlapping as unusual, just she is the first to actually have it even brought up for her to have to think about at all really because she chose to become secretary of state later and then run for President. If she had done neither, no one would have given their donor lists a second thought. It is understandable why they wouldn't even think about that since they were not keeping any of the money from the charity for themselves regardless. It is like saying " You save millions of lives in Africa and I will give you this contract" is what people are accusing her of her. Chances are she didn't even remember who donated what once it was all said and done. I couldn't tell you who donated what after a fundraising event is over for the most part, those events are exhausting.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I mean it was a recommendation, they could make any recommendation they wanted. But it's clear the recommendation did nothing to make the foundation actually look ethical.
Auditors are not interested in optics, only operational compliance. The body they’re investigating is responsible for its own perception but as long as the law is not in violation and all requirements meet compliance targets they aren’t terribly interested.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
What it said was that the Clinton's overlap between their work and philanthropy made the organization look like a quid pro quo situation, and that the people working there and their families thought it was.
Please show the exact quote where the people working there and their families thought it was a quid pro quo. I don't see it say that anywhere.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Auditors are not interested in optics, only operational compliance. The body they’re investigating is responsible for its own perception but as long as the law is not in violation and all requirements meet compliance targets they aren’t terribly interested.
To be fair, yes. And it's clear any quid pro quo that may have happened was expertly hidden, legally at least.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Please show the exact quote where the people working there and their families thought it was a quid pro quo. I don't see it say that anywhere.
The potential for conflicts of interest rattled some at the Clinton Foundation, [redacted link that the Escapist doesn't like]. In one leaked e-mail, Chelsea Clinton alleged that her father’s aides were making "significant sums of money from my parents personally,"

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
To be fair, yes. And it's clear any quid pro quo that may have happened was expertly hidden, legally at least.
When you look at the actual deals that could have been taken as such at all and what was involved, that entire idea pretty well falls apart. Name the quid pro quos that would have been worth it to her to say " you save millions of kids in Africa and I give you this deal" It doesn't make sense for that to even apply here. You also have to look at deals made before and after with other administrations and her deals were not out of line with what was expected. How does Hillary benefit from having people she has dealt with save people in Africa?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The potential for conflicts of interest rattled some at the Clinton Foundation, [redacted link that the Escapist doesn't like]. In one leaked e-mail, Chelsea Clinton alleged that her father’s aides were making "significant sums of money from my parents personally,"
So you are saying that the "AIDES" to her father were making too much money and this was somehow Hilary's problem why? This is not their families or members of the foundation thinking there is a quid pro quo anywhere FYI. Sounds like she was worried about her father's aids skimming or embezzling. Chelsea is not even talking about a quid quo pro at all in that quote.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
When you look at the actual deals that could have been taken as such at all and what was involved, that entire idea pretty well falls apart. Name the quid pro quos that would have been worth it to her to say " you save millions of kids in Africa and I give you this deal" It doesn't make sense for that to even apply here. You also have to look at deals made before and after with other administrations and her deals were not out of line with what was expected. How does Hillary benefit from having people she has dealt with save people in Africa?
Apparently to the tune of millions of dollars.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
On the auditors thing.

There are still a number of missing Emails that while under Subpoena Hillary had permanently erased from her private server so the auditors technically could only look into so much in the end.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Apparently to the tune of millions of dollars.
People have donated millions of dollars to medical charities here as well. I still don't remember who they are after the fundraising event. I know I really should, but without some sort of notes to remind me, it isn't going to matter to me one way or the other tbh. Hillary was just trying to raise money for charity, it isn't like she is keeping the money and gets to go on a shopping spree. They aren't giving money to Hillary, they are giving it to a charity who has a board of people overseeing how the money is spent.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
On the auditors thing.

There are still a number of missing Emails that while under Subpoena Hillary had permanently erased from her private server so the auditors technically could only look into so much in the end.
That has zero to do with her foundation. The foundation servers were separate from her email server. Also, they still have the hard drive. They said it has never been wiped, they could recall them now if they really wanted to. NONE of the Clinton's hard drives were ever wiped and they could still get anything they wanted off of them. The auditors have nothing to do with her email server. LOL they were auditing the foundation and had access to anything they wanted. The Clintons made all their financial available. you can view them over on Charity navigator. They have the highest score possible for accountability and transparency(100). There is no missing Data.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
People have donated millions of dollars to medical charities here as well. I still don't remember who they are after the fundraising event. I know I really should, but without some sort of notes to remind me, it isn't going to matter to me one way or the other tbh. Hillary was just trying to raise money for charity, it isn't like she is keeping the money and gets to go on a shopping spree. They aren't giving money to Hillary, they are giving it to a charity who has a board of people overseeing how the money is spent.

Another Teneo client, GEMS education, had donated approximately $780,000 by the time the memo was written in 2011.

“Gems approached President Clinton in 2009 to seek his personal services as an advisor to the company,” Band wrote. “Justin and I convinced them to initiate a relationship to the Foundation, which they did; that relationship has grown into a business relationship for President Clinton and a donor relationship for CGI.”

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
That has zero to do with her foundation. The foundation servers were separate from her email server. Also, they still have the hard drive. They said it has never been wiped, they could recall them now if they really wanted to. NONE of the Clinton's hard drives were ever wiped and they could still get anything they wanted off of them. The auditors have nothing to do with her email server. LOL they were auditing the foundation and had access to anything they wanted. The Clintons made all their financial available. you can view them over on Charity navigator. They have the highest score possible for accountability and transparency(100). There is no missing Data.
Yes because if I were a corrupt politician I'd make sure the fully separate the work entirely and only ever talk about on donations to the foundation on the foundation email server that I knew would be the ones actually audited.

Also her foundation servers Hard Drive hasn't been wiped but parts of her private one apparently were.

Clinton's campaign has previously acknowledged that there was an attempt to wipe the server before it was turned over last week to the FBI. But two sources with direct knowledge of the investigation told NBC News on Tuesday that the bureau may be able to recover at least some data.

Clinton has said about 30,000 deleted emails were personal in nature

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Most of mass and even online media platforms are owned and controlled by the rich. In which case, don't be surprised by such phenomena.
Can you give a hypothetical online media platform owned and controlled by the poor?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Yes because if I were a corrupt politician I'd make sure the fully separate the work entirely and only ever talk about on donations to the foundation on the foundation email server that I knew would be the ones actually audited.

Also her foundation servers Hard Drive hasn't been wiped but parts of her private one apparently were.

You do realize that you are showing an article for 2015? they have already proven that FALSE. That is what I am talking about with misinformation. People still believe this BS after they proved it was wrong. He private email server was not wiped, they could recall the data for those 30,000 emails if they chose to do so. Once the FBI received the email server, they found that it hadn't been wiped at all. The GOP congressman that was saying it was wiped was inaccurate, This artlce was after the one you posted correcting that:

"WASHINGTON, Sept. 13 (UPI) — Platte River Networks, the company that managed former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton‘s private email server, said there is no indication the servers were wiped.

Deleted emails no longer appear on the device where they were stored, but they can often be restored from the server. Wiping a server permanently eliminates the information.
“Platte River has no knowledge of the server being wiped,” company spokesman Andy Boian told The Washington Post on Saturday. “All the information we have is that the server wasn’t wiped.”

Platte River, based in Denver, Colo., turned over Clinton’s server to the FBI in August. The company first received the server in June 2013, four months after Clinton resigned as state secretary."

These were the people actually handling her email server. Hillary didn't actually delete her emails herself, THIS COMPANY DID, and they claim they can be recovered.