What are You Playing Now / Last Game You Beat

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Darthpathfinder said:
Kina said:
All about dat League of Legends son.
I have never been able to get into games like that....
I would love to suggest you for you to play "SmashMuck Champions", but sadly it seems it is already a "dead" game...
It was an easy to play and really funny in the beggining.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Last game I finished was a visual novel called School Days, got 100% completion. Now I have just begun playing another, called Dorei to no Seikatsu - Teaching Feeling. I think I may have a bit of a thing for damaged girls. XD

Darthpathfinder

Apr 27, 2007
SweetShark said:
Darthpathfinder said:
Kina said:
All about dat League of Legends son.
I have never been able to get into games like that....
I would love to suggest you for you to play "SmashMuck Champions", but sadly it seems it is already a "dead" game...
It was an easy to play and really funny in the beggining.
I hate it when a game dies like that....

Jan 19, 2016
Finally finished Witcher 3 after 109 hours. Didn't bother to collect everything, but I did all quests and Witcher contracts. All I can say is, wow, what an incredible game. I immediately went and downloaded Hearts of Stone, so that will be my next thing, and then I might do a New Game+ on Death March to try and get the Ciri becomes a Witcher ending (I got the Empress ending). After playing through and remembering how much I like the world of The Witcher, I'm also seriously thinks of going back and replaying Witcher 1&2, which I played when TW2 first launched, so I've not played the enhanced edition, and I have them just sitting in my Steam account. I also need to find time to do the expansion campaign for Shadowrun: Hong Kong, and Pillars of Eternity is glaring balefully at me from my Steam Library.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Just adding, due to sudden appreciation sharing...playing Galak-z- and it is a hell of a lot better than it appears. Probably a new fave 2D space shooter. Procedurally generating roguelike with...with...ooh i cannot say the best part because the surprise when it happened just kind of elevated it from "great" to "fucking sweet!" Even moving around is fun and difficult to master while looking stylish if you have the skills. Has anybody else played it?

And Zombi..not U. But same game. The guns have mastered the necessary weighty "thunk" feel with each shot. A nice little survival game.

Now, Rebel yell Galaxy. Such a great contrasting soundtrack!

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Last game I beat was Pokemon LeafGreen. As part of my own little way of celebrating 20 years of the series I'm working my way through the games I have and that was the last one.

As for what I'm playing, well I have a couple of games on the go. Most recently I started up Assassin's Creed III for the first time in an age and decided I would replay that again. Not far in it though since I'm taking it easy with it. I'm also plodding along through Devil May Cry HD since I've never beaten that before and I kind of want to play it before going onto my newly bought copy of Devil May Cry 4. Other than those, I'm grinding out Support conversations in my post-game on Fire Emblem Awakening and muddling my way through Dragon Quest IX with the hope that I might someday actually beat the damn thing.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
GundamSentinel said:
Last game I finished? Don't know precisely. I think I finished Tomb Raider (the first new reboot thing one) and a campaign in Shogun 2 at about the same time. It was the first time I actually finished a Shogun 2 campaign; In Total War games I have the tendency to abandon games when I get to the point where I can steamroll everything.

As for what I'm playing now, oh dear, so many at the moment.

- The Witcher 3. I had a bit of a false start with this game (as I often have with new games) but I started a new playthrough and I'm having lots of fun. I can see where the people who praise it are coming from. Level 9 now, so (hopefully) a long way to go.

- Guild Wars 2. Always playing that. Just finished my 7th legendary and saving some money to craft Mjolnir now.

- Cities Skylines. My current city has about 70000 inhabitants and is doing splendidly. I solved most of the traffic problems around my downtown area and I'm rapidly expanding now. Got a villa park in the hills, big industrial area across the river and I just plopped down my airport.

- Tales of Zestiria. Again a false start. Started another playthrough, taking it slower and I'm at about the spot where I left off last time. But somehow I get the feeling I'll be restarting that one again...

- Dragon's Dogma. I finally bought it for PC after playing it to death on PS3. I'm faffing about the Everfall now, getting money and levels. Good fun again. I might pop into Bitterblack Isle soon.

- Metal Gear Solid 5. I don't know whether to consider it a playthrough in progress or a finished one. There's nothing more I really want from the story and the gameplay is starting to bore me a bit.

- Shadow of Mordor. I was having fun, but it's starting to get repetitive as well. The way it flaunts or subverts all manner of Tolkien lore is starting to grate a bit as well.

- Fallout 4. I'm actually surprised by how much I'm enjoying it, but the story is ehhhhh as usual. I'm thinking of picking up an earlier save to salvage it a bit and tune it some more to my liking, if possible.

Plus some recently started savegames in Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim, Torchlight 2, Far Cry 4, Metro 2033 and Divinity Original Sin. So much to do, so little time!
I can confirm that if you feel right now bored for Metal Gear 5, for sure you will give up at some point.
I gave up when I finished the main game.........which I was wrong cause it was only the first Chapter!
Holy sh*t! The gameplay is fun, but I can't do this for 20+ hours!!
I suggest you to see the movie version on Youtube. I will admit even if I didn't play it the whole game, the twist ending was somehow enjoyable.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
Chester Rabbit said:
Currently playing Metal Gear Solid. Guys...I hate this Sniper Wolf fight...what the fuck is up with the aiming system in this game? Why is Snake swaying the scope like he drank a bottle of Jack?! O_O...

Oh and the last game I beat was Hitman Absolution two years ago I think. I haven't had a lot of time for gaming.
theres a drug you might be able to develop (something like pentazamin) to help steady your sights or you might have been out in the field too long, cause going too long with out a shower causes snake to get lame. he'll take more damage, and smell too which might get him detected.

As someone who did that Sniper Wolf fight the hard way(pistol only) I suggest not trying to out snipe her and instead try getting close or to her sides and ambush her. But the easy way to beat her is soooo easy that you'll kick yourself once you learn what it is.

On topic though, I did just beat Digimon Cyber Sleuth on ps4 after 100 hours. Pretty decent game that I spent way too much time grinding in, but it did scratch that "pokemon" itch that I didn't know I was having. And just about every female character (human or digimon) was super nice to look at, so I couldn't help myself making a team of pretty ladies to kick ass with.

As for what I'll play next, I'm not totally sure. I have a million options but not much desire. I got The Handsome Jack collection and Garden Warfare a little ago, and so those are the most likely candidates.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
BaldursGateTemple said:
Thinking of maybe starting up Hitman Absolution or Splinter Cell Blacklist. Yup, I'm in the middle of playing SC 1, but I might play another game without finishing the previous in the series. I don't mind with these types of games really, the overall story isn't that important anyway, lol.
I would highly recommend Blacklist, it is probably the best splinter cell yet. The freedom of movement and multiple options for each level, with great variety and a villain that sort of makes sense with his demands also. They put so much into that game, listened to the criticisms of their previous titles and fine tuned it to perfection. The only downside is a different voice actor for Sam, no more Ironside. But the new one, although jarring at first, grows on you. I guess like the Sutherland swap with Solid Snake/Big Boss.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Xsjadoblayde said:
BaldursGateTemple said:
Thinking of maybe starting up Hitman Absolution or Splinter Cell Blacklist. Yup, I'm in the middle of playing SC 1, but I might play another game without finishing the previous in the series. I don't mind with these types of games really, the overall story isn't that important anyway, lol.
I would highly recommend Blacklist, it is probably the best splinter cell yet. The freedom of movement and multiple options for each level, with great variety and a villain that sort of makes sense with his demands also. They put so much into that game, listened to the criticisms of their previous titles and fine tuned it to perfection. The only downside is a different voice actor for Sam, no more Ironside. But the new one, although jarring at first, grows on you. I guess like the Sutherland swap with Solid Snake/Big Boss.
I thought blacklist is worst in series. even worse than conviction. the entire game was generic action game and not to mention a forced (and poorly done) FPS section in game. its shame that they will never make a good splinter cell game ever again.

Sep 14, 2009
thebobmaster said:
Currently, I'm splitting my time between X-Com 2, Mass Effect 2, and The Old Republic (yes, the MMO).

I quite like X-Com 2. It does have some issues, mostly on a technical side, and it seems like the game is designed merely to frustrate you above all else (for example, see my post on why games feel the need to lecture you for sucking), but it's one of those games where you are pissed off when the game piled bullcrap on top of you, but then feel great when everything clicks. Having all my male Americans voiced by Bob Ross helps as well. Yay, mods.
haha hilarious, first reply hit 2 of my three games. I'm not currently replaying mass effect 2, it would be swapped for rocket league for me.

I forgot I had a subscription card laying around for the old republic, so that's why I've been getting balls deep into that lately (3 classes down, 3 classes are in act 2, and haven't started the other 2). I haven't touched any expansion material yet, wanted to get legendary status on my account before I moved on, but we'll see if that happens.

x-com 2 is definitely hitting all the right spots for me, but then again I did download like 20 mods before even starting to help smooth out issues I had been hearing about..so who knows at this point what vanilla is like.

Rocket league is life <3 It's a very fun game to play with some friends/my brothers online, so I don't see myself stopping that tradition anytime soon.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
I'm about 10-11 hours into a campaign with the Saxons in Total War: Attila.

The game has a bunch of negative reviews on Steam, mostly regarding Sega's terrible DLC practices (and I won't buy any of the DLC), but the Total War gameplay itself is still plenty good. I've played Rome, Medieval 2, Shogun 2, Rome 2, and now Attila and I'm still not burnt out on the formula. I usually only play a campaign or two per game though, and then move onto something else. Still, I always enjoy the experience. It just consumes me for hours at a time and I wind up not getting much sleep during my Total War campaigns.

Darthpathfinder

Apr 27, 2007
LookingGlass said:
I'm about 10-11 hours into a campaign with the Saxons in Total War: Attila.

The game has a bunch of negative reviews on Steam, mostly regarding Sega's terrible DLC practices (and I won't buy any of the DLC), but the Total War gameplay itself is still plenty good. I've played Rome, Medieval 2, Shogun 2, Rome 2, and now Attila and I'm still not burnt out on the formula. I usually only play a campaign or two per game though, and then move onto something else. Still, I always enjoy the experience. It just consumes me for hours at a time and I wind up not getting much sleep during my Total War campaigns.
Yeah the Total war games are a lot of fun and can burn away a lot of time....Sort of like how the Civ games do :).