What are You Playing Now / Last Game You Beat

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
Been playing competitively online in Rocket League, and I'm catching on to the craze. Even if I'm not a big follower of football/soccer. I do enjoy watching some football games every now and then though.

I was blessed with a game winning goal in overtime. Which surprisingly there isn't a trophy or award for. But I suppose it would be extremely difficult to earn such a trophy. I've gotten better watching others in replays of how they handle the ball, and how useful a front roll is to score. Also won a game 7-0. And in another game where my team was down 7, I had enough willpower to handle the ball down the field and score like if I was Messi. So that was pretty sweet too considering how difficult it is to learn the ball's physics, along with the proper timing and force needed for a given scenario. Gotta work on my goal defense though. So maybe I'll put some time aside for practice.

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
Well I was trying to finally get into playing and mastering Injustice Gods Among Us. But the scratched up used disc I got in a Gamestop deal crapped out and refuses to read. I only settled for getting the game in that condition because of my budget, and though the 22 gig install would eliminate any potential disc read issues. Since the install went through and it didn't crap out when I first played it. Too late to return now unfortunately, but the game is an excellent title.

Also played around with Helldivers, last month's free PS plus title. Its an excellent game and easy to jump into someone's multiplayer cooperative game. Helldivers can be a lot of fun, provided that the people you team up with know what they're doing. Where to go. And how to complete the objectives and grab all the goodies around the field. It can be a lot of fun. Not so much when you have a rogue teammate bent on killing you and your teammates. Or your teammates run around without any sense of direction to go. Turning what can be a 10 minute mission, into something you bear with so you will get credit for extracting later on.

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
I have finished a few over the last two weeks: Lunar Silver Star Harmony, Bravely Second and I ran through Bloodborne again.

I'm actually currently playing The Division. I'm surprised I bought it because it really isn't my kind of game, but shockingly I'm actually quite addicted to it. I only started it this morning, but I'm sticking solely to playing alone. I just hit level 8 and had to break myself away from it. Admittedly the game is very repetitive, but the combat is really quite satisfying, so I kind of don't really notice most of the time.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Solo, I'm doing my first UVHM run in Borderlands Pre-Sequel because I picked up The Handsome Collection last year and so I'm running through the achievements again. After that, I really want to replay the game as Aurelia. What little I played of her was crazy fun.

As for co-op, my friends and I are working our way through Syndicate. It's fun, but the achievements are a real slog.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Ive been playing Tales from Two Wastelands for a while. This is a mod that combines Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas into one giant game. Am done with the fallout 3 portion of the game and exploring New Vegas map currently. Explored most of it now but large amount of quests remain undone.

As far as multiplayer side goes, im participating in a World of Tanks tournament with my friends this evening.

LordBaztion

Sep 26, 2011
Curently playing AC Syndicate, such a beautiful game. I thought Paris would be hard to beat but London is just as beautiful if not more authentic due to large the open streets and the more varied city. I really need to go back to Paris to make it justice but for now Ubisoft's AC are really mind blowing. Shame we won't get one this year and the next one will more likely be a rural one. Rashidum please, don't disappoint me Yves.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
Spending some more time in Witcher 3. God damn this is my favorite RPG to have come along in a while (love Fallout 4 but that don't count lol). Hit the 66 hour point tonight and I've been handling some side quests and monster contracts. The music, art design, gameplay design, tone, writing, and characters all come together to scratch an itch that George R. Martin has left untended for too long.

PartyUpLive

Feb 11, 2016
Last game I beat was Call Of Duty 3. Not Black Ops 3. And Quake 4.

I am currently playing Kameo on 360 and playing through a lot of games that I have that I never finished.

Last games I bought was Shadowrun on 360 and Batman Arkham Knight on PS4

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
Ezekiel said:
Still playing Max Payne. Good lord, the dream sequences are terrible. Those narrow blood trails that you have to platform across with the broken jump mechanic... Frustrating. And Max keeps magnetizing towards walls or refuses to go somewhere.

I'm unimpressed. The shooting mechanics are pretty bare-bones and the story is alright, I guess.

There's no melee, shotguns are weak, the camera is positioned so that Max often gets in the way (and there is no way to change which side of Max it's on, which would be helpful when moving leftward from cover or going around a corner), the world feels static, the carry system is boring, the levels are mostly narrow corridors, shoot dodge seems mostly worthless, Max runs like he's in low gravity and has these stupid photos permanently on his face...

I don't get why some people regard this so highly while shitting on certain other third-person shooters.
Max Payne 2 is a vast improvement over the first, namely in terms of art design, pacing, and the inclusion of ragdoll physics. I think you'll dig that one more once you get to it, but the mystery of why people tote those games over the head of (what I consider to be the superior) Max Payne 3 will continue to mystify you after you play it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I last completed Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae (still trying beat Very Hard mode though), Liberation Maiden, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends - Complete Edition. Now playing Driveclub, Broforce, and later, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
ZombieProof said:
Max Payne 2 is a vast improvement over the first
Max payne 2 was waay too easy and too short to be called an improvement. Max Payne 1 was more memorable and more iconic. I cant remember everything about MP2 but MP1 still the game i remembered. didnot like mona missions. Sam lake character model on max was unique and much better and suit more. Max in MP2 looks too generic.

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
God, MP3 was awful. If the overabundance of scenes or setpieces that interfered with the gameplay, or the horrible and pretentious presentation, with those random words flashing up wasn't bad enough, the game devolved into a horribly slow paced cover shooter that could literally put one to sleep.

The first two Max Payne games offered some highly enjoyable, frantic, almost arcade-like shootouts that were a blast to play over and over, hence the floaty feel; as soon as MP3 added that horrible weight to your character, it practically ruined it all. MP3 is one of those games I'd offer more to one of those film fanatics, not so much a gamer.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Sheria said:
God, MP3 was awful. If the overabundance of scenes or setpieces that interfered with the gameplay, or the horrible and pretentious presentation, with those random words flashing up wasn't bad enough, the game devolved into a horribly slow paced cover shooter that could literally put one to sleep.
I agree. rockstar turn it into linear GTA meet gears of war with bullet time.

I see Alan wake as more max payne even its horror game (better than any resident evil by far) and Quantum break as true spritual successor of Max payne with the writing of sam lake. what do you think of QB my friend sheria?

only thing turn me off is that stupid decision made by microsoft about windows store exclusive.

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
OT: I started Thousand Arms again as someone reminded me of it :) I'm also still playing a bit of Bloodborne as I never did the chalice dungeons before. For the first time in the game, I have actually hit a challenge as the Bloodletting Beast just before the Queen is kicking my back-side.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Having played superhot for like hour and i got a Headache. what the hell developers were thinking this could be a cool idea?

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Last game I beat was XCOM 2. I very much enjoyed it, had some minor issues with the time limits but I that's because I hate timers, I never actually failed them.
Optimisation was a ***** though.

Currently playing Twilight Princess HD. Never played this Zelda game originally so it's a new experience for me, I'm really quite enjoying it.

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
After 130 hours, I finally beat the MGSV story. I could have potentially finished the game with much less time, since you really only need a few items to beat the game. But I pretty much went for extra content. And a chunk of those 130 hours includes development and resource processing time, and not actual gameplay time.

I can see why there was a fallout with Konami and Kojima. The current game while costing 80 million, not including marketing. Is unfinished in a number of aspects, and Kojima certainly did not want to release MGSV like this. And Konami wanted a big profit off this game. Which to be fair, MGSV was still struggling at 4 million sold to break even. I think eliminating the PS3/360 versions would have made a difference in alloting limited resources elsewhere. MGS4 did after all, sell better earlier on with just one plarform that was more expensive. So the last gen versions weren't necessary needed for a profit.

My issues

-Where are the droppable magazines issues ?
-I would have liked to have met the Mujahideen
-Filler missons really should be reserved for end game. And not be a stumbling block to story progression.
-Civilians would have certainly been nice. Nothing but soldiers. Guess that where the budget was slashed.
-Development time is ridiculous. I recall a gun for D-Walker took like 5 hours to develop. Why ? And development costs is highly expensive. Extending required gametime in a redundant way.

-Resource requirements for MB and FOB are too high for no reason. That and development time extends gametime far beyond that of the average 50-80 hour RPG. Which is dangerous territory to cause people to lose interest in said game. Particularly for a series that was never this long. And likely why trophy data shows more than half of all PS4 players did not finish MGSV.
-Enemies should be asleep a lot longer than 8 minutes. Every game in the series had guys knocked out for almost the entire length of the mission, unless woken up. If it wasn't for Quiet. Keeping enemies down would be too much of a chore.
-Deployment costs are pretty inconsistent. The same gun with just a silencer added, jumps costs up 3,000 GMP plus plants.
-I also wished the helicopter deployment costs were down. Why use Jet engines when the 48,000 cost will double your deployment expenses. Makes you unable to truly enjoy the beauty of all your hard work. Especially since there will be tons of guns left to develop by end game.
-Lack of traditional MGS boss fights. And I would have like to have a real battle with the man on fire.
-Combat deployment while having some improvements over Peace walker. Isn't as good as PW due to lack of being able to assign vehicles to deployments automatically. Which would bring down the rate of staff deaths and injuires. You after all, were able to slaughter enemies with Metal Gear Zeke. Would have been nice if you can capture helicopters too.

The Good
-Quiet and other buddies are nice additions. Quiet is probably the saving grace of this game again, when it comes to keeping enemies down in bases.
-Nice graphics, and very good AI. Making a great infiltration experience
-Stealth is certainly well done overall. And for a bigger challenge, there are FOB invasions avaliable.
-The gameplay is quite fun imo. I didn't invest 130 and counting hours to be bored. Waiting now for tommorrow free MB coins to put towards my second FOB during the 50% off your second FOB sale ending next week.
-My PF is kicking ass. Ranked 230,000 ish on PS4 on C rank. And while the competiton has been tougher and I had a bogus lost to an inferior PF. The second place in my C rank group has half the PF total points than me currently. And I've ended first in PF since I started.
-Haven't done FOB invasions. They look fun. But I'm not trying to put myself out there now and lose my A++ and S ranked soldiers.
-The story does have a nice twist at the end. And overall I liked the MGSV story.