What are your 10/10 games

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
IamSofaKingRaw said:
RabbidKuriboh said:
Arisato-kun said:
The only perfect game I'll probably ever play is Final Fantasy IX.
Damn ninja!

IX does not have a single flaw to my mind
Summoning is useless and a waste of Dagger's MP....

She is of much better use healing and shit. Bam, there you go
Arisato-kun said:
The only perfect game I'll probably ever play is Final Fantasy IX.
So Dagger is more suited as a healer and Eiko is more suited as a summoner? Damn, slight party variation sure is terrible. :p

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
Bioshock
Earthbound
Persona 4
Kingdom Hearts
Portal
Zelda: Wind Waker
Jak 2
Donkey Kong Country 2
Kirby Super Star
Banjo-Tooie
Metroid Prime
Fallout 3
Mario Kart DS/Crash Team Racing for the obligatory racing genre game
BlazBlue/Dissidia for fighting game - MvC2 and SF2 are good but I find those more fun
Thist list could go on for ever, if I let it. I'm too preoccupied with nostalgia.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
TheLudwigen said:
Red Dead Redemption is a perfect game to me
This is what comes closest for me. If it weren't for the mountain lions, it'd be my Holy fucking Grail.

Voice acting - Perfect
Characters - Perfect
Story - Heartrendingly Perfect

reignsupreme

Oct 19, 2010
Final fantasy's X,7,6
Kingdom Hearts 1
Metal Gear series ( infinitely better when you've played all 4)
Shadow of the colossus
Dark cloud 2

noodles loves you

Nov 20, 2008
now I know there's no perfect game out there, but I guess the 10/10 is for games that are perfect *to me*, so I'll list them all:

Beyond Good & Evil
Jump Ultimate Stars
Megaman Zero Collection (a cheat but it really is perfect as a full set)

and... well, MAYBE Pokemon White, which is... something else.

xsosxfelix

Demon
Jun 15, 2010
yes KH2 but i think FF9 as well i cant really think about a piece of the game i didnt like i think it was the best of them all. no super long cutscences and the story and gameplay was very smooth and fluid

Mrselfdestruct

Sep 5, 2009
MGS4
Resident Evil 4
Super Street Fighter 4
(I like games with 4 in the name >.>)

Also
Half Life 2
KOTOR
Devil May Cry 3
MGS 1 and Peace Walker
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus
I'm not saying they're perfect or anything, just that they're the best games to me...

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
The only one I'd consider are Thief: Gold Edition and Thief 2: The Metal Age. Both are insanely addicting, the difficulty actually makes a difference, and they actually challenge me. Self-set challenges are also just as rewarding.
For nostalgias' sake though I could never find fault in Banjo Kazooie or Tooie, I still love those games to bits.

Feste the Jester

Jul 10, 2009
If you want to go by technically perfect, I think Tetris is the best example of such a game. I can't think of any flaws and the gameplay is addicting and fun.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
Dragon Age: Origins
Half Life Series
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto IV
Portal
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence/Snake Eater

At the moment these games are the apex of gaming.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Never played a perfect game. Here are all my favorite games and why they aren't perfect games:
Final Fantasy Tactics - Has effectively no tutorial, making it very difficult for new players. Once experienced, the game is very easily broken. This is furthered by the ludicrously overpowered unique characters recruited in the last chapter of the game. In addition, the original version's translation is less than stellar, leading to some ambiguous developments in the plot (this is far and away fixed in the PSP version).
Chrono Cross - Had a good many completely useless characters. At times the plot was ludicrously convoluted. The solution to the final boss that beats you the game (the real way) is ridiculous and is generally not possible if you don't know what you're doing, or that you aren't suppose to kill the last boss.
Shadow of the Colossus - Has incredibly frustrating controls at times. The collision detection is quite off in areas leading to odd animation glitches. It's probably the closest to perfect of any of the games on the list.
Mass Effect 2 - Story and gameplay have a massive disconnect, as I see it. Gameplay is unvaried, as are solutions to problems the game presents.
Grim Fandango - While being a fun time due to its sense of humor and story, isn't all that well designed as a game. Suffers from the main problem of all adventure games of that era.
Castle Crashers - Isn't in any way complex or even varied.
That's basically my top 6... I don't think any of them are close to perfect.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Only games I found really special in more than one way.

Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Half-Life 2
Starcraft
Total Annihilation
Donkey Kong Country

Can't remember the rest.

Meet the Pyro

Feb 11, 2010
Red Dead Redemption and Sonic 3 come to mind. Psychonauts is probably a 9.5. Team Fortress 2 on 360 would definitely be this if it weren't for the bugs and exploits. Minecraft looks like it's turning out to be one. Portal 2 will probably take the cake though.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Games with NO faults don't exist.

That said, my top picks would be: Twilight Princess, Red Dead Redemption, Portal, TF2, Morrowind, AC2, Bayonetta, ME, and Minecraft. Each one has faults, but the games are so engrossing that one rarely, if ever, notices them.

Edit: OH GOD BRAID. HOW COULD I FORGET BRAID.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Short answer: there is no such thing as a 10/10 game. There are flaws with everything...damn quantum fluctuations resulting in an skewed matter to antimatter ratio, which eventually resulted in our lovely blue planet. Wait, nevermind...
Even if I were to arbitrarily assign a 10/10 to my all time favorite game (Silent Hill 2), that would still entail that my second favorite game (Deus Ex) is just a tiny bit inferior, in lieu of being flawed in different ways. Of course, my tastes will eventually change, and there may be some other game I will prefer to Silent Hill 2. Given that I like it more, it would take the 10/10 spot, and SH2 would be reduced to a shameful 9.999999/10. The only sensible thing here is to exclude ridiculous ratings like 10/10, or even 9.7/10! No game is perfect, and pretending otherwise will only lead to mountains of crappy knock-offs.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Shadow of the Colossus, Red Dead Redemption, Tales of Vesperia, Okami, Metal Gear Solid, and Torchlight. I'm not saying these are the absolute pinnacle of video games, just that they were games I enjoyed thoroughly without any of the faults getting in the way. (Arguably, Torchlight's lack of multiplayer is kind of a fault, but that didn't stop me from loving the shit out of it. I play Diablo II single-player anyway, the online community is like 99% assholes)