What are your 10/10 games

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
My two favorite games are Thief and Thief II. Thief II improved the gameplay considerably but I found the story a bit weak and some of the levels just didn't work well for me (which is a shame because some of the levels were phenomenally designed).

Thief II also dropped the undead which is nearly unforgivable - I realize these levels were unpopular in Thief and I disliked them myself during my first run through but I later found them to be the strongest part of the game: not only was the atmosphere perfect but it changed the pacing of the game without changing the mechanics. 99% for Thief and 98% for Thief II.

The original Thief's biggest problem is playing it after getting used to the improved features of Thief II. However even ignoring this unfair criticism the final mission was poorly constructed and the climax itself was ridiculously easy.

So in my opinion Thief almost reached perfection but ended on a sour note, and while Thief II managed to improve on much of what made Thief great it had a few blunders which marred it. I don't know if I could given either game a perfect score but they'd be my most highly rated.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
The Rockerfly said:
The original 3 spyro games on the ps1, words cannot describe how much I loved these games but considering I still play them to this date, that should show you.

Final Fantasy IX is one of the finest JRPGs I have ever played and should be every final fantasy's favourite. It had; a beautiful story, wonderful locations, secrets galore, a fast but micromanageable combat system, fantastic graphics (for the time) and some of my favourite mini games in the entire series.
Damn, you ninja'd me on both counts. I must have lost hundreds of combined hours as a kid to the Spyro games and FFIX. I still think it's tragic what Activision did to Spyro. Poor little bugger...
I share your pain, I kept playing the newest one telling myself it would get better. After hitting 100%, 1000 achievements all it did was get worse. My childhood Activision, you took it from me. No matter what you do in the future I will always despise you for that

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Not many.

Baldurs Gate 2, Planescape Torment, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal, Quake 3 Arena, Diablo 2.

TechniMan

Apr 1, 2010
I think what's being sadly, unfortunately forgotten here is the ACE series of Star Trek PC games, including Bridge Commander, Elite Force and Legacy. Of course, they're not all perfect, but one certainly stands out from all the rest:
Star Trek: Bridge Commander is the best game ever, and you all know it. Genius gameplay mechanics, infinite replayability and a vast expanse of awesome mods made by a large community, all squeezed out of Python! What more do you need?

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
Plants Vs. Zombies and probably World of Goo. Spent tons of hours, had fun, and didn't spend 60$.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
10/10 means absolute perfection, so really never I'd say. There's some which have come very close, hitting around the 9.5 and 9.8 mark.

WilchBorisRyan

Nov 15, 2009
I'm amazed it took 116 replies before someone said Shadow of The Colossus. That game is amazing, the closest thing to a 10/10 game I've ever played.

ScipioAmericanus

Mar 16, 2011
A fair few 9/10's in my collection, I'd say (a lot with good replay value too) but none would ever deserve 10/10 (even if for trying).

The closest though are: Portal; RTW; TimeShift; & SniperElite.

I'd've mentioned AC2, but a few too many things wrong with it to even deserve a 9.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
I could have ignored all the crap games post PS1, the reboots, the re-tools, the franchising... they were raping my childhood, but I could have ignored it. Then I saw this, from the upcoming Spyro: Skylanders game-

Fuck Activision! They've taken one of the icons of my childhood, and replaced him with an inbred purple goblin.
LALALALALA I'M SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU

[sub][sub][sub]Please say you are trolling me, lying or just messing with my head. PLEASE[/sub][/sub][/sub]

jjboat

Nov 8, 2010
While there is no such thing as a game without flaws, as many on here have pointed out, there are a few games out there that i believe deserve something close to a perfect score.

1. Shadow of the Colossus(9.9): First time i played it i was unsure about the long distance travel sequences between bosses. After finally beating the game the experience of playing the game as a whole is the absolute best I've had since I started playing games. Like Citizen Kane this piece of stunning visually artistry went very unappreciated by gamers upon release, but in the years to come will be regarded as one of the greatest games of all time.

2. Super Mario Galaxy 2(10): There is not one Level, not even one moment of this game that has not been polished to near perfection. Every level a brand new challenge with mind blowing new concepts, each hitting their intended marks. SMG2 is the pinnacle of 3D platforming, it doesn't get batter than this.

3. Uncharted 2(9.7): The first game was a little uneven for me, but this sequel really nailed it in every aspect. The gameplay was polished and exciting, the set pieces astounding, the plot fantastic. A thrill on every level.

4. Resident Evil 4(9.8): Love this game, not because I am a biased fan, I'm not even a shooter/ survival horror fan, but this game is just a blast to play. It has aged so well and has yet to be topped in its genre. many have tried(dead space, RE5) but none have come close to taking taking the title away from this amazing game.

5. Bioshock(9.5): I hear it called a standard shooter with a great storyline pretty often around here. I think it is a great shooter with an amazing storyline. Everything about playing this game was enjoyable(yes even hacking), and the plot is probably the best ever told in an interactive format.

jjboat

Nov 8, 2010
Hound174 said:
Carlos Alexandre said:
I don't have very many.

Donkey Kong Country 2 is really up there. Not a perfect 10, but just shy.
Respect awarded

For me I'd have to say Kingdom hearts I and II, GTA San andreas (And I'm not even a fan on sandbox games), portal for obvious, Bioshock. and it wasn't a 10, but it was so Different and amazing and effective..
Amnesia
I wrote a whole paper about how imperfect Kingdom Hearts II as part of my application for college. That game is very flawed. Fun but flawed. Kingdom hearts in general holds a very special place in my heart(no pun intended) but the gameplay is far from perfect. Each of #2's systems(drive forms, magic, summons) have a total lack of balance, rendering many of them almost useless. The worlds are drab and dull, with a budget of about 5 NPC's per level making them feel far from lively or magical like the films they try to mirror(no crowd in the Olympus Colosseum has always bugged me, especially when they cheer your victory). The Quick time events only require you to mash the triangle button repeatedly, and the plot is way to up its own ass(ruined the beautiful simplicity and emotional resonance of the first game). I understand the love people have for this series, because I love it too, but these are supposed to be close to perfect games we are talking about and there is no denying that KH is full of flaws.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
michael87cn said:
Xerosch said:
There are quite a few that come near the Perfect 10 for me:

Vagrant Story
Thief 1+2
Planescape Torment
Baldur's Gate 2
Vampire: Bloodlines
Realms of the Haunting
Chrono Cross
Xenogears

and so on. Yeah, I'm a retro.
Those games aren't old enough to be retro......
Well, the release dates in my list above range from 14-11 years (sole exception being Vampire). These games may not be vintage classics but calling MS-DOS and PS1 based games new would be wrong. Aside from these I regularly play 'Mario RPG', 'Final Fantasy 6', 'Gabriel Knight', 'Castlevania 3' and such.

BinaryCrystal

Jan 26, 2010
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid 4

A few years ago I would have said Halo but as much as I adore it, I know it's far from perfect.

Oddly enough Peace Walker is what got me started on Metal Gear. Yeah I know play the other games. I'm working on it don't worry.

InfiniteJacuzzi

Mar 13, 2011
Snowalker said:
ReturnPostage said:
bussinrounds said:
10 out of 10 doesn't mean it's perfect.
Well, that's what a whole fraction means to me. If 10 out of 10 isn't perfect, what do they give perfect games?
Prefect games don't exist, so they don't give them anything... and if one did exist, it'd be treaty like Jesus and spawn its own religion...
I want a fraction for it.