What are your irrational fears?

chrystallix

Jan 23, 2012
Alright, time for my crazy personal fears.

First off, I can look at anything violent, whether it be the kills from Saw, Final Destination, or any number of slasher or supernatural horror movies. They don't phase me, I'll be just as hungry after watching it as before. However, you show me one scene of an insect attacking another insect and I freak out, BIG TIME.

I don't know what it is but seeing bugs of any kind attack other bugs just really creeps me out.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
KiloFox said:
all my fears are perfectly rational thanks...

Bees, Wasps, Hornets...
name one rational person who would want to deal with this thing...
Actually, I have no problem with wasps whatsoever (Hence the name), and they don't seem to be bothered by me.

As for fears... Having my blood taken. I have no issues with getting injections or whatever, but the idea of having my blood taken, makes me seize up. Doesn't help that the one time I did give a blood sample I developed a haematoma and almost passed out/lost an arm...

floobie

Sep 10, 2010
Spiders definitely top the list. I'm not particularly fond of most arthropods, really. I mean, crabs are really just big-ass marine spiders, for instance. I'd love to live somewhere warmer, but I know that the increase in bug population wouldn't sit very well with me.

Besides that, I'm arguably a bit of a germphobe. Albeit selectively so... I don't exactly freak out if I have to touch a door or something. But, I do always wash my hands as soon as I get home. And I seem to be particularly grossed out by piss and shit... it takes a pretty pristine public washroom for me to feel even remotely comfortable using it.

Heights... mildly. Enough to be a bit freaked out when rock climbing. But, not enough to fear looking out of a window in a skyscraper or stand on top of a mountain or something.

Edit: Also, I love how many people here say they're afraid of bugs, but half the people posting in this thread are posting disgusting photos of big-ass spiders and shit. I have a big old "FUCK YOU" with your names written all over it.

Edit 2: And peaches (for lulz):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk2k7oNmCbk

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
sky14kemea said:
Jedamethis said:
sky14kemea said:
I'm paranoid that someone is always watching me, especially at night when I'm trying to sleep....
Don't sleep so provocatively then. :p
It's not my fault! I learnt how to sleep by watching movies D:
Lol! I love people sleeping in movies... I found an old sheet once so I made a movie inspired 'L' shaped sheet for mine and my ex's bed... She thought it was funny, but after we tested it out I just felt awkward, exposed and cold lying with no sheet to cover up!

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
I fear any wear I can see the horizon totally flat, like in the middle of a big field or by the ocean. Also extremely high ceilings and open skies, It's why I always stay really close to the sidewalk so when I look up at the sky their are buildings and street posts. I also hate the moon and stars and only go out at night if there is a lot of cloud coverage.

This place is absolutely frightening, I'd probably seize up and whenever I'm in a place like that I need to get close to the ground. I can't stand standing up over top the terrain. I looked for a phobia corresponding to this online and the closest I found was Agoraphobia.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
Abandon4093 said:
doomspore98 said:
Abandon4093 said:
Myiasis, I've got a weird fear of being infested.

Insects, spiders etc don't bother me at all. But the though of them laying eggs in my skin and then having thousands of critters crawling around under. It wigs me out. By extension things like coral give me a bit of a spine tingle. And hives can do the same, so can sunflower husks.

I've had it as long as I can remember. The only thing is that because it's the only thing that wigs me out. I watch videos and stare at images about it for hours some times. It's almost like some perverse obsession, but when a video gives me that skin crawly feeling, I'll watch it and watch it and watch it some more.

Botfly vids on youtube have consumed a sizeable portion of my life.

You sir have just made me puke out every single organ in my body. Well done
My most irrational fear would have to be cool whip. It just creeps me out. Whipped cream is fine though.
You think that one was bad?

Sadly I have no more guts to puke out.
but it's weird, I'm not as horrified with this video as I am with the other one.
Also have you heard of guiny worm (don't know if I spelled guiny right) a person of your fears would be absolutely horrified at the length those worms are when they crawl out of your body

Reggie Rock

Jan 12, 2012
Turkeys. Those fucking faces scare the shit out of me. Why do they exist, they could have had normal faces but NOOOOO.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
I have an irrational fear of Space. In my head the vastness and the feeling of being perpetually cold terrifies me. I also tend to steer clear of science fiction for the most part. In my youth I greatly enjoyed Star Wars and I played through Mass Effect 2. Even though I like fantasy, I feel disconnected to science fiction as a whole and can't relate to it regardless of how "great" the story is (such as Mass Effect).

I'm not that bad with insects, my Bio teacher had a tarantula back in High School which was pretty cool. I wouldn't go out to buy one though.

yaydod

Nov 29, 2011
Well im still scared of the dark, that some thing is lurking over my shoulder, waiting to snatch me, pull me down to its nightmare realm. It is getting better but im always tense when im alone on the dark (no pun intended).

Im 20 now and my other fear is that i loose my cool and eat a personnes throat open. Go on a killing spree, not that the killing would bother me (MUahAhAHAHAH) it is the consequence of such acts and all the effects on he world surrounding me.

Lederin

Oct 21, 2011
Jellyfish and Flies...*shudder*

I went snorkeling with my dad one summer and we swam into a little cove filled with (albeit non-stinging) jellyfish D8 It was pretty grim :p

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
needles horrify me
I can watch a video of someone getting a shot and I freak out
the pain does not bother me, but something about syringe needles just triggers a panic attack

Faulty Turmoil

Nov 25, 2009
Abandon4093 said:
doomspore98 said:
Abandon4093 said:
doomspore98 said:
Abandon4093 said:
Myiasis, I've got a weird fear of being infested.

Insects, spiders etc don't bother me at all. But the though of them laying eggs in my skin and then having thousands of critters crawling around under. It wigs me out. By extension things like coral give me a bit of a spine tingle. And hives can do the same, so can sunflower husks.

I've had it as long as I can remember. The only thing is that because it's the only thing that wigs me out. I watch videos and stare at images about it for hours some times. It's almost like some perverse obsession, but when a video gives me that skin crawly feeling, I'll watch it and watch it and watch it some more.

Botfly vids on youtube have consumed a sizeable portion of my life.

You sir have just made me puke out every single organ in my body. Well done
My most irrational fear would have to be cool whip. It just creeps me out. Whipped cream is fine though.
You think that one was bad?

Sadly I have no more guts to puke out.
but it's weird, I'm not as horrified with this video as I am with the other one.
Also have you heard of guinea worm (don't know if I spelled guiny right) a person of your fears would be absolutely horrified at the length those worms are when they crawl out of your body
Yea I know them well.

But what's odd is that it's the small but plentiful things that weird me out.

Things like the guinea worm or tape worms don't bother me so much.

It's when they're peppered about in the skin and make like a hive form. That's also why I think things like
and
give me the tingles.

I think I've got trypophobia, because it's not particularly the thought of the insects of even the infestation that wigs me out. It's the abundance and the holes.

These two images....... I can't stop looking at. They've haunted me for years.

I know they're doctored, but my rational brain doesn't do a thing to stop it from making my skin want to crawl off. Suppose that's what makes it a phobia.

It's the only thing that gets me though, I honestly couldn't name another phobia I have. I'm pretty much unscarable, even unqueseyable.

But random holes in the skin, alluding to an infestation. It wigs me the fuck out, and I think because nothing else does that. I become completely obsessed with the images and videos I find.
I have the exact same phobia as you, seriously, those pictures, especially that last one made me so uncomfortable and disgusted that I want to hurt you for posting them. I won't though...

... Okay maybe a little. ;)