What books are you reading?

timlxq

Mar 27, 2009
Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy Omnibus. Awesome series, chanced upon the omnibus by luck :D

yosh-o

Nov 23, 2007
Lothae said:
yosh-o said:
I'd rabidly recommend 'Magician', by Raymond Feist though. It's my favourite book. It's so good, I even re-bought it after my cat destroyed it. And again when I read it so many time it started falling apart. Love it.
I finished his latest trilogy (or is it actually a sextet if you count in the Conclave of Shadows?) ending with Wrath of a Mad God a while ago, then picked up Prince of the Blood & The King's Buccaneer and now I'm waiting until I get back home where his Serpentwar Saga hopefully waits in an Amazon delivery box :D. Started reading his books with Magician/Silverthorn/ADarknessAtSethanon and now I'm hooked.
Oooh is Wrath of a Mad God good? I'm picking it up on Wednesday, presuming I can find it somewhere. I haven't read Prince of the Blood or King's Buccaneer, but the Serpentwar Saga is pretty sweet.

On an unrelated note, has anyone else read Assassin's Apprentice, and it's corresponding trilogy, by Robin Hobb? I devoured those books, but I really struggle trying to describe how I feel about them haha. I find them... intense? Good though.

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm in the middle of American Gods by Neil Gaiman, recently finished Neverwhere by him too.
Fab.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
coda di lup said:
I just finished Vonnegut Cat's Cradle.
He's becoming one of my favourite authors very easily.
Have you read Mother Night yet? That's my favourite of his works.

Anyway, at the moment Little Dorrit and Classics in Total Synthesis 2.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I'm going to be launching into "The Gap Saga" by Stephen R. Donaldson soon. I'm also still reading Snowcrash by Neal Stephenson.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
I don't read...unless it's the instruction manuel for a brand new game for the controls and whatnot, but after that F*** reading.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Finished reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel, almost finished Looking for Alaska by John Green.
Most of the way through the Book of Daniel in my Bible.

asiepshtain

Apr 28, 2008
O'RIELLY's ActionScript 3.0 Design Patterns.

It's actually very good, an excellent starter for anyone who wants to get into OOP in general. And awesome for flash developers.
Working on flarToolkit now, sweet sweet stuff.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Zukonub said:
Dubiousduke said:
Catch-22

I've read it 3 times before, it's addicting.
Catch-22 is a military genius. I'm also re-reading it now, too, at the bane of sum freshmen.
I need to read that book again, haha...but I need to re-read Hamlet.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I recently finished The Resident Evil series, the pocket books.
Not literary genious perhaps, but entertaining none the less.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
Death of Superman- The best selling graphic novel of all time.
Pretty good actually.
That and Brother Odd by Dean Koontz.
Damn good crime/supernatural thing. With an awesome vein of dark humour. Highly recommended.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
duchaked said:
Zukonub said:
Dubiousduke said:
Catch-22

I've read it 3 times before, it's addicting.
Catch-22 is a military genius. I'm also re-reading it now, too, at the bane of sum freshmen.
I need to read that book again, haha...but I need to re-read Hamlet.
My mom just brought back catch-22. After my brothers finished, I will have to give it a whirl. (Iliad, The Odyssey of Homer, and animal farm being books I will be reading in the near future.)

llewgriff

Feb 12, 2009
Angels and Demons, I've read the other Dan Brown books and loved them and I just wanted to read it before the film comes out. I've only just started but I can't put it down.

TheEvilDuck

Mar 18, 2009
Read anything by Neil Gaiman, "Neverwhere," "Coraline," "Anansi Boys," "American Gods," "Smoke and Mirrors," "Fragile Things."

I am currently reading "Under the Black Flag" which is a book on pirates and also "Equal Rites" by Terry Prachett.