What books are you reading?

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Inverse Skies said:
I did mean the end of the series... the end of the 7th book. If they're being translated into Norweigian then yeah... you might be a while before you end up reading it all. That's a shame, I plowed through the books one after another without stopping. It was by far the best way to do it. That's really sad, stupid language barriers!
Yeah .. A shame. Even if I bought the rest when we arrive in America (Whenever that is. No one have any idea where we're going after Trinidad -.-), I'd still have to read through them. Wich would mean that I'd be done in three or four months. Within then you'd probably forgot all about it anyhow =P

And I did the same. With all the books until the fourth. There was no stopping me. I loved those books. It was just .. Impossbile to not read them. You know. Were just sitting there trying to do something else, but my mind allways went back to those books =P

cas

Mar 27, 2009
is the dark tower the one that starts with the gunslinger I think? I have it but I never read it. I think I started but didnt know what was going on

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Right now, "Rise high the roof beam, carpenters" by J.D Salinger and "The left hand of darkness" by Ursula LeGuin.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I started the Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale a week or two ago. I am into the third one now but will probably be halfway through the fourth by the end of the week. This works for me because their are like ten books in the series, and I hopefully won't have to wait too long to get to the conclusion (take a hint, Christopher Paolini. Made me wait 2 years for the third book of his "trilogy" only so I could finish it and find out that I have to wait for a fourth book)

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Daye.04 said:
Yeah .. A shame. Even if I bought the rest when we arrive in America (Whenever that is. No one have any idea where we're going after Trinidad -.-), I'd still have to read through them. Wich would mean that I'd be done in three or four months. Within then you'd probably forgot all about it anyhow =P

And I did the same. With all the books until the fourth. There was no stopping me. I loved those books. It was just .. Impossbile to not read them. You know. Were just sitting there trying to do something else, but my mind allways went back to those books =P
Well I really want to dicuss the ending with someone... and no-one I know has read them! I'll just have to wait until a translation becomes available and you read the rest of them. The last book... oh man is it good... I'm probably just making it worse for you. Sorry I'll stop now.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Right now, NOTHING. I intend to buy something tomororw. Preferably something by Terry Pratchett. I loved Guards! Guards! and I'm looking forward to more.
Heppenfeph said:
Read that one first. Do a little reasearch into Stalin and Trotzky before reading it, though. It's doubleplusgood.
KiddEgo said:
I'm reading the Dexter series and the Twilight series side by side which is kinda weird now that I think about it.
I liked the Dexter series, but I thought Twilight to be rather bland. Very predictable story, a Mary Sue as a protagonists, and I didn't like how vampires were portrayed in it.
BardSeed said:
The last book I finished was "A brave new world" by Aldous Huxley. It was a brilliant book; a great twist on the conventional dystopias
That book should've been so much longer! I loved it, but I was done with it in an afternoon, which left me wanting to know more about the people's customs and how the world worked in general.

Vanilla Gorilla

Jan 15, 2009
cas said:
or books you have read recently.

Im looking for suggestions im not reading anything at the moment :eek:
It really depends on your favourite genres really, personally I'm on a bit of a Milan Kundera binge at the moment due to failed Relationship and innate pretentiousness (spending far too much time smoking, drinking coffee and reading in coffee shops). I recommend the Unbearable Lightness of Being to start.

Alternatively Palahniuk (Fight Club, Choke) or Easton Ellis (American Psycho, Rules of Attraction) for all your slightly twisted/vaguely mysoginist/interesting indictment of modern society needs.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Right now I am finally getting around to reading Watchmen, Yes I know I am about 2 years late.

Moving Target

Mar 21, 2008
Sporky111 said:
I started the Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale a week or two ago. I am into the third one now but will probably be halfway through the fourth by the end of the week. This works for me because their are like ten books in the series, and I hopefully won't have to wait too long to get to the conclusion (take a hint, Christopher Paolini. Made me wait 2 years for the third book of his "trilogy" only so I could finish it and find out that I have to wait for a fourth book)
Pendragon's my fav series. can't wait for last one to come out, along with the last Inheritance book. i was kinda mad too that C.P. wanted to make 4 books, but at least we've got more story lol.

Right now i'm reading the Night Angel trilogy. A really great debut for the author Brent Weeks. It's almost on par with lord of the rings in my opinion.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Right now I am reading "Dragon Outcast", the third book of a series by E.E.Knight. Not the best author (or editor) in the known universe, but the series runs very smoothly and he depicts scenery so well that you are plunged into his universe with little effort. The books are also short.

Next I'll be reading the sequel to "The Shadow Chaser", "The Bringer of War", by Dylan Birtolo. He's the jewel in all the crappy independent authors out there and has a nice series going about shape-shifters in a Native American sense. It's different from the usual werewolf and animal-changing books out there.

After that I'll be reading either the second book in Lawrence Watt-Evan's "Dragon Weather" series, "Dragon Society" (A very good, well-known author), or a book about clockwork dragons called "Have Mercy" by some author I can't recall at the moment.

I'm getting through my dragon books, if you have not deduced this yet.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Inverse Skies said:
Well I really want to dicuss the ending with someone... and no-one I know has read them! I'll just have to wait until a translation becomes available and you read the rest of them. The last book... oh man is it good... I'm probably just making it worse for you. Sorry I'll stop now.
I see =P Are you kidding me? No one who reads it? I mean. I just mention the series in a passing referance, and they're allready on the series. Loving it to death like I do. And some even have access to all of the books, and are like "Oh man, the ending is so fantastic" in a couple of days. So I allways go "Shut up, shut up, shut up!" whenever any of those starts talking about Roland.

Yeah. Either that, or I may buy the rest of them in Savannah. Or you could talk someone you know into reading them =P

Yes you are, damn you! =P I want to read those books =(

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
I'm reading through The Deverry Series' by Katherine Kerr again. I'm up to book five, A Time of Exile. It's Celtic sort of fantasy with great war scenes and lots of interwoven time lines and lives.

Very much enjoying re-reading them. I can't believe how much I had forgotten. o.o

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Lothae said:
Also eagerly awaiting the A Memory of Light (Robert Jordan) & A Dance With Dragons (George R.R. Martin), although it seems like they'll never be released.
The Mother have mercy, it's taking forever...

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Anonymouse said:
Gaunts Ghosts - 03 - Necropolis.
Though I will ditch the series the second the new Dresden Files book comes out.

ThaBenMan said:
Lothae said:
Also eagerly awaiting the A Memory of Light (Robert Jordan) & A Dance With Dragons (George R.R. Martin), although it seems like they'll never be released.
The Mother have mercy, it's taking forever...
Memory of Light: Publication date November 3, 2009 from Wiki.
You do know Robert Jordan is dead right? So some other twat has taken over so expect the finale to be vastly different from what it should be. The same with David Gemmells Troy trilogy.
Um, did you see where I bolded A Dance With Dragons? Cuz that's what I was referring to. George R.R. Martin is quite alive.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Daye.04 said:
I see =P Are you kidding me? No one who reads it? I mean. I just mention the series in a passing referance, and they're allready on the series. Loving it to death like I do. And some even have access to all of the books, and are like "Oh man, the ending is so fantastic" in a couple of days. So I allways go "Shut up, shut up, shut up!" whenever any of those starts talking about Roland.

Yeah. Either that, or I may buy the rest of them in Savannah. Or you could talk someone you know into reading them =P

Yes you are, damn you! =P I want to read those books =(
Lol, I want to say more... but I have to stop. You will enjoy them though :)

ntomlin63

Mar 19, 2009
Series i frequently re-read Kim Harrison's Rachel morgan books
Charlaine Harris' Sookie stackhouse books
Yasmine Galenorn D'Artigo sisters books
Jim Butcher Harry dresden books
James Rollins Sigma Force books
Simon R. Greene Night Side books

October Country

Dec 21, 2008
Right now I am also reading the Dark Tower series, nr. 5, although I can't say that my enthusiasm matches that of the other posts. It's good, but oh so unnessecarily long... However I heartily reccommend King/Bachman's The Long Walk.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
cas said:
or books you have read recently.

Im looking for suggestions im not reading anything at the moment :eek:

The Dark Hunter Series. Kickass action and characters + Sex scenes = Awesome.

If you want to read them I'd suggest Dance With The Devil. Zarek is badass.