What brought you to the Escapist?

Lopsided Weener

Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2010
I'm curious to see what brought people to the Escapist, and then to stay. I suppose a fair few will say Zero Punctuation, so if that is the case, which was the first ZP that you saw?

For me it was Yahtzee's review of Eve Online. A big fuss was kicked up about it on the Eve forums, so I decided to take a peak. I've been here ever since, though not registered until earlier this year.

In case it wasn't ZP that brought you here, can you remember what was the first thing that you saw on the site?

Distazo

Feb 25, 2009
ZP for Star Wars: Force Unleashed, I stayed because I love a lot of the other content and some actually good discussion threads.

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
you are going to get a lot of search bad nazis sniffing about.
I came from a google search to an article, and never left. Thank god for that.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
G4 were airing snippets of ZP(forgot which episode) and I decided to check the rest of the episodes. I soon lurked in the forums for a while until eventually joining.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I lurked around watching the ZP videos and every once in a while i'd see an interesting forum, but when noticed the register part my laziness and procrastination would prevent me from registering. Then one day i just said "Fuck it" and registered. I'm quite glad i did.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
As (I presume) is the case with so many others; Zero Punctuation brought me here. A gaming magazine I used to read linked to Yahtzee's Halo 3 review.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
I came for Zero Punctuation, stayed for the conversation.
And LRR.
And ETTM.
And Extra Credits.

But mostly the conversation. <3

The Cookie Cruncher

Sep 21, 2010
I don't really remember. I'm pretty sure that it was LRR that brought me here.
It could also have been my friend telling/ showing me ZP.

The Long Road

Sep 3, 2010
This thread should be renamed "Who came to the Escapist for reasons other than ZP and why?", because other than our favorite mile-a-minute reviewer, there's not a lot of draw TO the site. Once you're here, though, there's many, many reasons to stay (Unskippable & ENN come readily to mind).

MagnificentFiend

Jun 2, 2010
A friend showed me a ZP. I'm not sure which one, but I remember thinking "OK, so he's trying to be Charlie Brooker." Now I realise that he does have his own style. Months later I checked him out again myself and Dante's Inferno is the first ZP I remember. One of the best as well, along with Condemned 2. These days I also come for Movie Bob, who's generally terrific if a little generous with his compliments. As you can see here, I contribute the odd post to a thread as well :¬D

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
ZP a long time ago. 'Round the end of 07 or the beginning of 08. Then I left for a bit, and came back then I head URealms, which I had been following since the Newgrounds days, was going to air here.