What brought you to the Escapist?

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
If I remember correctly, and this was a while ago mind you it was an old Zero Punctuation review of a game that I wanted to buy. (Can't remember which one.) I lurked for a bit on the site and then I saw someone who was wrong on the internet and made an account to protest it.

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
i first became a regular visitor about two years ago
but only got myself an account this august

Zero Punctuations Lego Indiana Jones brought me here
And Unskippable, Doraleous and Escape to the movies kept me here

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Zero Punctuation led me to the site, but it was first when I found out that one could get badges like "achievements" that I went "OOOOH! SHINY!" and joined.
[SUB]Yes, I am an achievement/trophy/badge-whore..[/SUB]

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
A friend showed me to the ZP: sims 3 review. Been here ever since, almost each day. <3 Love you guys. =P

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
You know explosm.net ? They have a section on the front page called "Stuff We Like" and one time there was Zero Punctuation. The first review I watched was Red Dead Redemption, or "Grand Theft Horse."

Duncan Belfast

Oct 19, 2010
An appropriate thread for my first post.

A D&D friend introduced me to ZP. I think it was either AVP or Bioshock 2.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
Zero Punctuation. I think the Turok one was released 2 or 3 weeks after I started following it.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
ZP...the Bioshock review to be exact...I think most people came here because of ZP

I came here from TVG on the Kotor 3 page...It has the most comments on any page of that site. at least 1500 comments, maybe more. Ahhhhhhh the days of 2007 *goes back to good times*

And now I'm here, and i have to say the community is the best i have ever seen on any other website.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
I have a friend in school who borderline-worshipped yahtzee, I eventually decided to see what the huff was about, found Yahtzee to be quite a funny person and I thought I'd have a crack at the forum thing...been okay so far

Snowden's Secret

Apr 4, 2010
Oddly enough, it was actually There Will Be Brawl. After I watched them all I was intrigued to find out what the Escapist actually was, so I followed the link in the player, where I subsequently ran into ZP and never left again. :p

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Just after New Years of aught nine, some blogger posted her favourite television episodes of aught eight and it made IMDB's links page. On her list was Yahtzee's Brawl review. I was hooked immediately and joined a couple of months later.

Keltrick

Jun 7, 2010
Dana22 said:
Unforgotten Realms.
I second this. I followed it on youtube for a good amount of time, and it led me here. ^__^ I had only found that though through Ruriker(sp?)'s other videos about WoW. In a round about way I suppose you could say WoW brought me here. ... or maybe it was that science teacher of mine that got me into WoW in middle school. GAH the pursuit goes on!

I'll say unforgotten realms though.