What brought you to the Escapist?

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
I remember it vaguely. A friend of mine talked about a world without sequels and gave me the link to Yahtzee's review about it. I forgot about it afterward but found it in my list.

I lurked for a while, not sure if I wanted to join just for a forum and some badges. (I don't like forums...)

But when I saw genre wars I wanted in. I love these forum's, they are so easy!

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
For me, it was the copious amount of booze, drugs, and women, that was promised me.

I'm still waiting to collect.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
Came for Zero Punctuation, stayed for...no I'm pretty much just still here for Zero Punctuation.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I randomly hit an article while doing some research into possible Christmas purchases back in November of 08'.
I was still affiliated with other gaming sites, so I didn't bother signing up until other said sites became far too stupid, harsh and irrelevant to tolerate any more (Gamefaqs, for starters).

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Cousin of mine showed me ZP. Then I watched an episode of Unskippable and got hooked. Then I saw the guys who made that were in ENN and LRR. Then I made an account after seeing a few topics I wanted to take part in. Then I saw Extra Credits, a series I watched on Youtube (before it got the name "Extra Credits") was on this site. Now I visit this site more than I visit Youtube.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Dana22 said:
Unforgotten Realms.
Oui.

They stated they were coming here, so so did I.
I didn't join, I joined much later to post some nonsense and because you all seemed awesome.

Aah.
I miss UF. The first ones were great.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
ZP, and the very first ZP episode he did here. My friend linked me here when he stopped going on Youtube. I was a spectator for two years and then finally joined the community. I haven't regretted it.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I came here thanks to ZP as well, with his Fable video being the first one that I saw. I stayed for the content and eventually the forums.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
A guy in my old classroom introduced me to Zero Punctuation, I think it was the Tomb Raider Review. This then caused me to go check out more videos and after lurking a bit in the forums, I decided to join.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Yahtzee for some review he did a long while ago.
Since then, I've almost finished all his reviews, trolled a bunch of forums, and am about to move onto another reviewer :D

I still watch a few of his old reviews for giggles.