What did you do...BEFORE the internet?

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
I used to go outside and play football (soccer), i used to read a lot of books (specially comics), i played on my Mega Drive and Thundercats, TMNT, Transformers and G.I. Joe were my saturday morning cartoons.
Not much has changed...i still read a lot (including comics), i play football once a week, instead of playing on my Mega Drive i play on my ps3 and now i dont watch cartoons very often. Only difference is that i now ALSO use the internet.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I got this in the 80's and thought it was wonderful.

Internet is still a young thing. Ask your folks about the time before photocopiers. Or only three channels.
yeah 3 channels haha

we get four[/B] channels now, honestly I dont know how we coped back then (I remember the days when we had 2 channels) no I am not lying

(to be fair thats analouge, Australia now as digital TV so we get....like ten chanels including digital)

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
TV and video games. But man, I barely even remember those dark days!

EscapingReality

Dec 31, 2010
I tinkered around with DOS machines... man remember Windows 3.1? Meh, most of you kids wouldn't know how hard it was to boot up a CD in those things. I had books... and drawing. But mainly books. Lots and lots of books.

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
I used to go out and have friends and a life. Play sports, have a tan... I did enjoy video games a lot as well but I was always over a friends house playing typically. Good times, good times. Sometimes I miss it... I was born in 89 and didn't really get into online until I was fourteen or so. I played some online games on the PC but that was about the extent of it up until then. Sometimes I wonder how better my life would have been better without the internet or worse. Not entirely sure which way it would have went.

In a way I feel bad for kids that will grow up with the internet. Hard to explain why.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
born in '92, but didn't really have enough internet to make a difference until '08-ish. Until then it was the ps1, my gba sp, and life. no wait i still didnt have a life back then. ;_;

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
I was born in 1995 so I have had internet as long as I remember. However, I remember back when I was a little kid, and we still had dial up. The speed was absolutely horrible, and we couldn't use the internet and the phone at the same time, so no one used the internet much in case we got a call, but I absolutely loved the noise of it. Still do. I will remember the dial-up noise forever with fond memories of my first contact with the internet.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Born in 87'. My childhood was pretty cliche. 2 brothers around my age, neighborhood baseball, football(American), and basketball games and occasional bike races. Trampoline wrestling. Sledding and football in the winter.

Best days of my life. Simpler times.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
I'm 38 and remember days of 300 baud modems..where we would wait 5 minutes for a line of text. The internet though has been around along time. I played on Muds before the WWW showed up (text based online games) which were incredibly addictive. Before that I played on a BBS called Phospher mainly which had many fun games like crossroads and LANDS I-III.

Back before that we had great games like bards tale, wizardry, Might and Magic etc. There was of course the original nintendo system as well which really is when console gaming started to shine.

I had a TRS 80, APPLE II, C64 and Atari 2600. I even programed in basic on the original Apple while in elementary school creating a brick out game, a dinosaur racing game and a spaceship maze game for everyone in my school to play.

I also played a ton of spots back then, mainly football and basketball but some tennis as well. I took martial arts (highest belt I got was in Judo but I took about 6 different forms over the years), went hiking, white water rafting, visited mexico a bunch (age 15-20 or so heh), played Magic the Gathering when it first came out...and played D&D, Shadowrun etc as well.

Finally I read a ton more back then. I actually read less because there just are not that many new books for me to read (well good ones). I had so many books to read when I was young it seemed like I would never run out....those were the days.

Looking back though, wow I sure had alot of energy. I'm only 38 but it makes me feel old realizing how much I could pack into a day back then. I would often get by on 2 hours of sleep or so but I feel like a Zombie now if I have less then 6.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
I was very young, so my brother and I just played with toys I guess, we came up with games and played pretend, it was fun.
Its not like the internet wasn't there, I just didn't have a computer until later.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I did not start using the internet until 2001. I do not remember much from before them.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Shit I'm old...I guess kuz there wasn't much else a bunch of us kids went outside and played with toy guns yelling "bang bang" and various gun sound effects at each-other and getting into arguments about who shot who first with their words.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I went outside and did shit :p I believe we made a treehouse once. It fell down and nearly crushed 2 of us, but it was good times