What did you do whilst you were banned?

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
Well what did you do? Did you freak out? Did you eat a shoe? Did you spam the Moderators? Did you run around outside screaming you were finally free? Did you laugh to yourself and say "Finally my plans have come to forwishen!"? Share your crazy or not so crazy stories :p

I got freaked out as I couldn't understand why I appeared non-banned on the forums and just PMed the Moderators - Which freaked me out even more as I got messages saying perm-forum ban! I then messaged the link saying it was in error.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I read your community member spotlight thingy. It was an interesting read.

EDIT:

Oh and my head exploded but I'm duct taping and gluing myself together.

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
I got back to writing my paper while watching Wimbledon, fixed a light lunch and logged back on to find people freaking out.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I got really paranoid and clicked the little link for disputing it. lol. I thought I actually got banned or put on suspension with no notice of it or something.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
We were not banned .-.

Any ways, I continued looking for support for my game.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
I sent a message using the form provided. Then I sent another one because I didn't think my original message was detailed enough...

Nothing out of the ordinary bar that though; I'd assumed it was an error, but it's nice to know for a fact...

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
Banana Phone Man said:
I read your community member spotlight thingy. It was an interesting read.

EDIT:

Oh and my head exploded but I'm duct taping and gluing myself together.

Which of my two plans for what would happen if the escapist disappeared did you think was better ? Also this whole experience may have been kulinai testing our responses :p (joking)

JaneDoe

Aug 28, 2009
I pondered the reasons- I had just made 4 posts in a drug related thread so that made me paranoid! However, the lack of a message in my inbox stating I was banned lead me to disregard this hypothesis.

I then considered messaging an admin, but decided to leave it and see if it sorted itself out, as the forums did slow down I thought maybe it was a server issue.

I then had a baked potato for eats. I came back online and lo and behold, posting privileges had returned !

EDIT
I forgot I spent quite some time reading through all the forum guidelines to see what I could possibly have done wrong!

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Since I've never even been put on probation before, I sent a polite question to the mods, then I went and finished Twilight Princess.

To be honest, since I could still post in the User Groups, I thought it was a suspension, rather than a ban.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
I went to user groups to see what conversations I had missed. NNIJA had an epic three wy battle with head butts galore.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Nighthief said:
I committed suicide but then got better when I realized it was an error.
^ WE HAVE A WINNER!

I screamed like a girl and curled in a ball and sobbed.

Seriously, I said, 'huh?' saw someone else complaining of the same thing on Twitter, shrugged and said, 'must be an error, I'll give them time to smooth it out' and carried on playing Pokemon as I'd be playing it for a few hours.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I went into my closet and cried...

Then I had a PB&J and felt better...

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
I freaked out for about three minutes, sent a message through the link, then went to Twitter and talked with some other escapists. They helped me stop freaking out, and I eventually settled into hitting f5 every three minutes to see if it was fixed.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I PMed the mods, attempted to post multiple times in the forums and user groups, attempted to PM IdealistCommi, send out e-mails to a few people asking if they were in the same boat, checked the forums every minute or so to see if there was any new activity... basically I went psycho.

Then I linked over to YouTube to watch videos of this guy reading Twilight and running a commentary while wondering why this was happening.