What do guys get nervous about?

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
It's funny that this topic pops up just this day, as I was analyzing myself on what I have fucked up with past girls...

My inability to read VERY OBVIOUS MESSAGES from shy girls is one thing. But I can thank my diagnosed Aspergers for that; the smug little fucking syndrome just ruining my shit and in turn for the girl who obviously likes me. (Hey, who doesn't? *Creepy wink*)

I luckily went as far to one date, but it got horrible wrong as... Well, a problem mentioned above interfered. FUCK I hate Aspergers! SEND CURE A.S.A.P.!
You can probably guess my current situation; single, straight, lonely and virgin.

Bottom line? Girls who aren't shy and are SO generous on expressing what they think about me makes me nervous. Because it's often never anything good. Seriously, no manners...

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
Alright, so I've never actually "done the deed" as of yet, but have done other things in the bedroom. But the whole act of it makes me nervous. The buildup, the idea of it. I guess it's just a huge case of performance anxiety, to the degree that it makes me scared to actually do anything because I'm so afraid I'm going to be terrible at it. It is so bad that I've pretty much eliminated any libido I may have had because I'm so terrified of the action. It sounds stupid, I know.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm fine with sex and all that crap. the thing that makes me nervous is anything official, filling in forms talking to doctors anything where me doing something wrong could result in me getting done for fraud... seriously there is a switch in my brain that just goes OMG THAT COULD BE FRAUDULENT.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I'm not good with audiences of any kind, so I used to get nervous when I had to do drama presentations or speak in front of anyone.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Can't ask women out. Too fearful of rejection to get on with it. Shame since i do know girls who like my appearance. By that i mean ''stare across the room'' infatuation types. Can be awkward when i catch their eye. I know this is really odd, but it annoys me somewhat.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Really? Nothing. I've gotten over the being nervous about thing sexualy for a very long time. It could be because I've been sexually active for a while and that I don't have a cock to worry about lasting and length.

I just "go with the flow" it always works out good in the end.

DVS Storm

Jul 13, 2009
Well I don't feel shy or embarrased if the subject of the conversation is sex and I can talk about it like just any other subject. But when I for example tried to talk about sex with the girlfriend I had back then(I'm single nowadays), I felt really shy and insecure. I can't really explain why. Also I feel generally really insecure when I'm talking to a girl I don't know that well. Probably same with my other males as well. If she happens to be my friend I have no problem talking to her.

And to the "manly not wanting to feel exposed" thing, I personally have real difficulties when I try to open up. I don't even know why. Sometimes I just think that no one really cares...A bit emo yes but thats what I feel sometimes.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Heh. First time I had sex, I actually had condoms that were too small. Thus when we got to the act, I thought I was just putting them on wrong and felt like a complete fail thus shooting my nerves ENTIRELY. We worked things out though and got down to business. Man was that embarrassing though. Other then that...I guess just like most guys it's finishing too early, but that doesn't mean you can't have another few rounds ;)

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
A lot of guys who aren't hung like a horse often are nervous about that in the beginning. Mostly because the girl is most likely unfamiliar territory and that can be kind of nerve-wracking since you don't know a thing about her past experiences.

And the "size isn't an issue" argument is often (not all the time) a lot of bullshit, and most guys know that and will feel insecure about that.

And a lot of guys are just as insecure about themselves as woman are. It just isn't as commonplace to show it. I'm a bigger guy. I don't like to take my shirt off, but sex with clothing on is rather awkward (or so I've been told).

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'm 20 years old and haven't been on a date or had my first kiss. I can contribute nothing to this topic but self-pity.
Got any room left in that there box? If yes, mind if take a seat?

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
not really nervous about anything in general...

i think i do have some mental insecurities through self esteem and previous failures but that's about it

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
GrizzlerBorno said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'm 20 years old and haven't been on a date or had my first kiss. I can contribute nothing to this topic but self-pity.
It's not a box, but it's far from a bachelor pad, either.

It's just a room. With lots of games. And Zoolander and Austin Powers DVDs.

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
Ironrose said:
For me, I'm quite nervous about the appearance of my skin, I have very fair delicate skin and this means I scar very easily so I have a fair few little scratches and scars that I will have forever that I think would turn guys off.
I know its an insecurity but, if it helps, my gf has delicate skin and tiny scars as well. I find them really really cute! I dont know why, its not something i go out looking for in a girl, but i think they definitely add to her appearance rather than take away from it. Now i know im just a random guy on t'internet but hope it helps :)

As for my own insecurities... Id say I spend too much time worrying about technique. Wondering how i could improve myself and how shes feeling for so long often takes away from my own experience.

House_Vet

Dec 27, 2009
Unintentionally hurting my GF when we're going at it - she can't usually tell until afterwards, but it still worries me. Other than that, not much - a good loving relationship cures most neuroses about sex.

Atticus89

Nov 8, 2010
As far as sex goes, mostly it's the fear of whether I'm big enough or not. Also, that fear of how I compare to previous guys that she has dated. And if she hasn't had sex then I really need to do well since I'll become the benchmark for her, which is something I really don't want on my shoulders.

Outside of that, I get anxiety and nervous for Spanish tests.

House_Vet

Dec 27, 2009
Kirkby said:
Ironrose said:
For me, I'm quite nervous about the appearance of my skin, I have very fair delicate skin and this means I scar very easily so I have a fair few little scratches and scars that I will have forever that I think would turn guys off.
I know its an insecurity but, if it helps, my gf has delicate skin and tiny scars as well. I find them really really cute! I dont know why, its not something i go out looking for in a girl, but i think they definitely add to her appearance rather than take away from it. Now i know im just a random guy on t'internet but hope it helps :)

As for my own insecurities... Id say I spend too much time worrying about technique. Wondering how i could improve myself and how shes feeling for so long often takes away from my own experience.
I agree with this guy - my GF has a few little skin blemishes, but they don't detract, they highlight instead. Perfection requires imperfection for me.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Just_A_Glitch said:
A lot of guys who aren't hung like a horse often are nervous about that in the beginning. Mostly because the girl is most likely unfamiliar territory and that can be kind of nerve-wracking since you don't know a thing about her past experiences.

And the "size isn't an issue" argument is often (not all the time) a lot of bullshit, and most guys know that and will feel insecure about that.

And a lot of guys are just as insecure about themselves as woman are. It just isn't as commonplace to show it. I'm a bigger guy. I don't like to take my shirt off, but sex with clothing on is rather awkward (or so I've been told).
See I'm quite big but it isn't my shape that bothers me so much, I've had a few 'kind' guys simply describe me as curvy instead of describing my figure honestly. but yeah size doesn't bother me so much, more things like stretch marks I get very nervous about.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

this room/box sounds like a rather appealing place to visit, especially since it has potentially willing virgins and movies you don't need to pay attention to. Is their a couch also?

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

That was a Metaphor. But question still stands; Can I take a seat. I loved the Austin Powers movies. Watched them at a time, and in a situation No boy should be in, when they watch those movies :/

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
House_Vet said:
Kirkby said:
Ironrose said:

I agree with this guy - my GF has a few little skin blemishes, but they don't detract, they highlight instead. Perfection requires imperfection for me.
Thank you both, I feel a bit better.. but I will still have a lights off neuroses when ever I can get away with it.