What do guys get nervous about?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Nothing to do with sex really - didn't really think about the dick size thing that much either when I was a couple of years younger. I am a little insecure about my hair (male pattern baldness ftw), not that I've actually even lost any or anything, it's just quite fine, and chances are I will go bald, so I sometimes worry about it.

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
House_Vet said:
I agree with this guy - my GF has a few little skin blemishes, but they don't detract, they highlight instead. Perfection requires imperfection for me.
O i like that, unfortunately I may have to steal it off you and claim it as my own

Wilko316

Jun 16, 2010
I'm definately not nervous sexually, I don't think I'm really all that nervous about anything. I do feel a tad insecure sometimes about what my close friends think about me, probably due to too much change and loss as a child so I try and hold onto relationships.
So yeah I guess I get nervous about saying something "wrong" to a best friend, or anyone I consider a friend really.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Ironrose said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'm 20 years old and haven't been on a date or had my first kiss. I can contribute nothing to this topic but self-pity.
Got any room left in that there box? If yes, mind if take a seat?
It's not a box, but it's far from a bachelor pad, either.

It's just a room. With lots of games. And Zoolander and Austin Powers DVDs.
this room/box sounds like a rather appealing place to visit, especially since it has potentially willing virgins and movies you don't need to pay attention to. Is their a couch also?
There's a twin bed, a computer chair, and a cat bed.

With a cat that prefers using the chair as a bed, rather than the cat bed.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I constantly worry that the person I'm talking to doesn't want me to be there. I spend most conversations working out if there's any reason why they might want to be doing something else, and looking for signs of disinterest.

It's fairly irrational, since almost no-one I talk to dislikes me. Related: I don't talk much to people I'm not sure that I know very well.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Ironrose said:
What do you worry/get nervous about in regards to sex?
Very little. Sex is like any other physical activity, in that the only way to get good is through practice. Well, emotional intuition helps, but that's beside the point. Besides, if my partner is willing to instruct me on how to operate her unique mechanism (no two are exactly the same), detonations will occur.
Do you have any insecurities that you think are irrational? why?
Used to have a ton, now I have virtually none. They were mostly related to shockingly low self-esteem and an utter lack of confidence; both are issues that have long since been thoroughly dealt with.
Do you have any funny habits because of the above?
Used to always have sex with as much clothing on as possible because I was mortified by my lack of physical fitness. Instead of continuing to do so, however, I just decided to man up and lose weight. I also used to breeze past foreplay because I didn't think I was attractive enough to pull it off and it was best to just get things over with, but recent expeditions have proved otherwise with some supremely positive results.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Ironrose said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'm 20 years old and haven't been on a date or had my first kiss. I can contribute nothing to this topic but self-pity.

this room/box sounds like a rather appealing place to visit, especially since it has potentially willing virgins and movies you don't need to pay attention to. Is their a couch also?

Hmm, maybe my cave's a better movie place. there's a quilt topped queen size bed, a bar fridge, tv, consoles and a large selection of games/dvds.

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
Flamezdudes said:
Nothing to do about sex but I am incredibly shy and have trouble attempting anything in starting some sort of relationship with somebody because I also worry too much and think about the scenarios of what could happen in things all the time.

Yeah, I really hate myself at the moment.
You'll get over it. I was paralyzing shy in high school. Then, when I went to college, I ended up staying in an apartment in the slums. I was suddenly surrounded by people who wanted to beat the crap out of me and take everything I owned, have owned, or will ever own.

I had to get over my shyness or, no exaggeration, I would have been killed.

So, I'll pass on the same knowledge a friend passed on to me.

"You care too much."

That's the problem. You're wrapped up so much in what may or may not happen. "What if she doesn't like me? What if she laughs? What if she does like me and I screw it up." When you live in a world of "what if" you're always going to be this way.

Stop caring.

When you can do that it's all down hill. You will have to work on your socialization skills because they are likely stunted from your years of being shy. Mine sure as hell were. But that's solved by making friends with social people which you'll be able to do when you stop caring.

That's the great difference between a social person and a shy person. It's not that he's stronger, or braver, or more capable. A social person just doesn't care what people think of them and thus is free to say whatever he wants to whomever he wants.

Talk to a girl you've never seen and that you're sure you'll never see again. So what if she likes you, or she hates you, or she even snubs you. You'll never see her again so her opinion doesn't matter a damn thing. That was my first step. After that I took a 180 and slowly became completely obnoxious because suddenly I was liberated of all my fears. I calmed down after a while but wow it was a trip.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Personally speaking, it's a fear of being able to get and maintain an erection. It's not because i'm not attracted to the woman, or because i have ED, it's purely because of nerves. A lot of guys can suffer from erection issues when they feel incredibly nervous, stressed, or anxious and that's something i think and worry about considerably. Worse still, i fear that if that should happen, my partner would laugh at me for it. And like most other guys, i worry about my size and whether i'm big enough or not (both erect and non-erect, even though one of those is the only one that matters) and whether she would laugh at me if she was dissatisfied with my size, even if it was considered average or above average. I also fear she would compare me to other guys, and i would hate to be a 'failure' in her eyes. I would worry about whether or not i'm doing it right (touching in her in all the right places) and be able to keep her aroused. I have pretty low self esteem and anxiety issues, which really doesn't help things. All of that at once is a hell of a lot to think about, and it's something that would plague my mind before it even got to the undressing stage. I suppose since i don't have a typical "alpha male" well toned Russel Crowe body, i also fear i'm unattractive in her eyes. That i might not be "masculine" enough, or she will find me unattractive. I tend to have a cynical and slightly hostile view on life and people, so i'd nearly always jump to the conclusion my partner would laugh at me rather than be understanding and try to put my mind at ease. I pretty much tell myself that she just wouldn't have the patience for my kind of issues.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Ironrose said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Ironrose said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Hmm, maybe my cave's a better movie place. there's a quilt topped queen size bed, a bar fridge, tv, consoles and a large selection of games/dvds.
Much, much better than my little room.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Ironrose said:
So we're moving the virgin club to my room and then kicking me out because I don't belong? :p

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
Gralian said:
Personally speaking, it's a fear of being able to get and maintain an erection. It's not because i'm not attracted to the woman, or because i have ED, it's purely because of nerves. A lot of guys can suffer from erection issues when they feel incredibly nervous, stressed, or anxious and that's something i think and worry about considerably. Worse still, i fear that if that should happen, my partner would laugh at me for it. And like most other guys, i worry about my size and whether i'm big enough or not (both erect and non-erect, even though one of those is the only one that matters) and whether she would laugh at me if she was dissatisfied with my size. I also fear she would compare me to other guys, and i would hate to be a 'failure' in her eyes. I would worry about whether or not i'm doing it right (touching in her in all the right places) and be able to keep her aroused. I have pretty low self esteem and anxiety issues, which really doesn't help things. All of that at once is a hell of a lot to think about, and it's something that would plague my mind before it even got to the undressing stage. I suppose since i don't have a typical "alpha male" well toned Russel Crowe body, i also fear i'm unattractive in her eyes. That i might not be "masculine" enough, or she will find me unattractive. I tend to have a cynical and slightly hostile view on life and people, so i'd nearly always jump to the conclusion my partner would laugh at me rather than be understanding and try to put my mind at ease. I guess i tell myself that she just wouldn't have the patience for my kind of issues.
I'm not fearing that I'm unattractive generally, and really, neither should you. If you even got to the point that this stuff crosses your mind, she already likes you. However, I agree on the other parts. Pretty much describes the feelings I have to a T. Even though I know pretty much any girl won't laugh (and if she does, she's getting thrown out of the house) if you have performance problems, it doesn't alleviate that fear in my mind at all.

Cmwissy

Aug 26, 2009
GrizzlerBorno said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
A few years younger than you guys, but can I join that club?

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I get nervous when I have to wait for a message reply, concerning a girl or from the girl herself. That's why I like meeting face to face. Also, I am not very good at making the first move (a bit shy, unless drunk) and I often don't have the courage to go to first base (though once I get there, it's easier to move on).

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I hate the fact that I have reasonably hairy legs and thighs [which is strange, as my chest and is entirely devoid of the detestable stuff].
In fact, I'd say body hair accounts for around 90% of my bedroom insecurity. On a bad day, I've been known to take my jeans off before getting into bed with the lights off. I've been reassured that it's not a problem, but it's still kind of embarrassing. I usually get rid of it, anyway.
Other than that, I always feel bad about the mess after..ahem..manual stimulation. Not lasting long enough used to be an issue as well, but I got better at that quite quickly.
Also, ripped contraceptives. I've been seized by a debilitating fear of causing a pregnancy after almost every session. It's especially annoying because abortion is still illegal due to the Catholic fuckwits running this country. May they rot in the hell of their own fabrication.

What a weird thread..I wonder why I'm divulging all this on a gaming forum..

Other things that make me nervous are exams, dogs and official documents.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Ironrose said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Ironrose said:
So we're moving the virgin club to my room and then kicking me out because I don't belong? :p
Yes. We are stealing your room. And no, you don't get mine in exchange.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Well, I haven't really gotten that intimate with a woman so I can't really add anything on that. The thing that scares me the most is how to move over from "friend" to a potential "romantic interest" (Guess you could say I'm suffering from Nice-Guy-Syndrome [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_guy], with an unhealthy dash of "being a coward" [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love-shyness]).

I guess another thing I get nervous about is the whole "am I a good kisser"-question. (This is however not a problem if I happen to be drunk apparently[footnote]Source: The girl I'm currently dating, which told me so about a year before I asked her out[/footnote]).

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Cmwissy said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
A few years younger than you guys, but can I join that club?
Sweet Jesus you have the most wonderful Avatar!