What do guys get nervous about?

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
The title pretty much explains it but I will go a bit further.
What do guys get nervous or worried about? particularly in the bedroom.
I ask because girls are always willing to share their insecurities with each other but guys don't seem to unless I'm dating them. Now I know that's because of the whole manly, not wanting to feel exposed thing but I am simply curious. Everyone has things they're insecure about and I want to know yours and am happy to share my own.

What do you worry/get nervous about in regards to sex?
Do you have any insecurities that you think are irrational? why?
Do you have any funny habits because of the above?

For me, I'm quite nervous about the appearance of my skin, I have very fair delicate skin and this means I scar very easily so I have a fair few little scratches and scars that I will have forever that I think would turn guys off.
I have a rather irrational insecurity about being on top, I just don't feel like I knkow what I'm doing in that position.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I used to be nervous of candlejack but I over came that when I realised he was

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Nothing to do about sex but I am incredibly shy and have trouble attempting anything in starting some sort of relationship with somebody because I also worry too much and think about the scenarios of what could happen in things all the time.

Yeah, I really hate myself at the moment.

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
Women who have the guile and the patience to make you think they genuinely like you. Which is probably about 95%.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Kumomaru said:
Women who have the guile and the patience to make you think they genuinely like you. Which is probably about 95%.
When you say 'make you think' do you mean when they're being dishonest or regardless?
Flamezdudes said:
why??

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Well, I haven't had sex so I can't really answer that one.

Yes, I have irrational insecurities. It's not that I hate sharing them with girls, I hate sharing them period. Had this conversation last night with a friend. Why I hte it so much I don't know. Probably the feeling that they may secretly think less of me, especially if they don't show it in some way. Also it feels like giving into a problem if that makes any sense.

DO I act funny because of them? SOmetimes, I go all quiet if they're playing on my mind and answer things in usually 1 - 2 words. usually just saying "yeah" a lot.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Ironrose said:
Kumomaru said:
When you say 'make you think' do you mean when they're being dishonest or regardless?
Flamezdudes said:
why??
Ah, just problems in my personal life at the moment... :)

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Best of the 3 said:
Well, I haven't had sex so I can't really answer that one.

Yes, I have irrational insecurities. It's not that I hate sharing them with girls, I hate sharing them period. Had this conversation last night with a friend. Why I hte it so much I don't know. Probably the feeling that they may secretly think less of me, especially if they don't show it in some way. Also it feels like giving into a problem if that makes any sense.

DO I act funny because of them? SOmetimes, I go all quiet if they're playing on my mind and answer things in usually 1 - 2 words. usually just saying "yeah" a lot.
I think the 'giving into a problem' bit is the main point here where girls and guys differ. In my experience girls seem to like having a sounding board for their problems, they don't seem to mind sharing if there's a possibility of finding a solution.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'm 20 years old and haven't been on a date or had my first kiss. I can contribute nothing to this topic but self-pity.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Flamezdudes said:
snip

Ah, just problems in my personal life at the moment... :)
Sorry to ask, I thought it might have been directly associated with the first half of your post.

Onyx Oblivion said:
I'm 20 years old and haven't been on a date or had my first kiss. I can contribute nothing to this topic but self-pity.
Being on these forums has put me in a mindset when I want to be a white she-knight and start showing a lot of people around here new experiences.
But don't bother with self pity, it's a waste of time and counter intuitive if you want to change the situation.

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
Since you ask so politely.
I get a bit nervous that I won't last, since it differs wildly sometimes. It goes from till I decide to blow it off to 1-2-3 done..
Because of that I always makes sure the girl has been more than satisfied before venturing down that road.

And I'm a tad bit nervous about committing myself to a relationship, even though I recently met a girl whom I genuinely like and who very obviously likes me.

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
Although still a virgin, when it came my first sexual activities I kept shaking and was hesitant, and just annoyed my ex that I took so long to get on with it and undress her.

After that she went and had sex with her ex the next day. Although judging by her reaction on both days it was obvious why she had cheated on me, Im glad I found out that she was a whore in that perspective and I could stop dating her.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Well I've always been fat but I got over that. Then I started getting stretch marks and that bothers me. Also, I don't think I'm fit for a real relationship for a number of reasons. Mainly because I have a horrible habit of self sabotaging all of my relationships. That's all really.

SanguineSymphony

Jan 25, 2011
I am generally worried about being too rough and not recognizing it until I've upset my partner. I usually go out with girls who are into that sort of thing but I worry that I am over doing it. Doesn't help that my current partner is into it but has has some injuries that I have to mindful be of.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Always_Remain said:
Well I've always been fat but I got over that. Then I started getting stretch marks and that bothers me. Also, I don't think I'm fit for a real relationship for a number of reasons. Mainly because I have a horrible habit of self sabotaging all of my relationships. That's all really.
I know the feeling, on every single count.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Kasurami said:
Every single woman is different, and gets off to different things. I guess that's always been my fear, as I've only slept significantly with one girl I'm also worried when it comes to having sex again I'll still be tuned to how we used to have sex, if that makes sense, and that it'll be the complete opposite of what my partner at the time likes and it's just awkward.

There's other insecurities for if I'm ever with another guy, but that's more inexperience anxiety than anything else.
If its of any comfort I've found that it doesn't really matter if you've gotten really tuned in to what one person likes, when you move to someone else fitting in with how they do things comes very very easily. I've never had an experience where someone has been absolutely off the mark, and I have dated some seriously varying personality types.

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
Well, I'm super nervous about the time when I do "head for the bedroom". I'm worried that I'll not perform to her liking, and thus, it tends to make me really shaky and hesitant to ever do so with people I've dated. It's a never ending chain of fear and insecurity! But I don't really try to think about it all that much, I just avoid the topic as much as I can.

Other then that, I'm mostly nervous about what'll happen if I ever lose my job or the company closes or something. I'm 23, and have too large of pride to ever accept outside help if something happened, and I don't know if I'd be able to get a position that'd actually allow me to pay my bills and rent, if something happened here. That's always on my mind.