What do you miss from your childhood?

Monkeybald

Nov 13, 2010
Having dirt clod wars (dirt equal to a snow ball) with some pals. Being wowed by 3D graphics on a console for the first time (N64/PS1). Getting into mild mischief without fear of life changing consequences (throwing water balloons at snooty next door neighbor girls, bringing home small lizards, throwing rocks at wasp nests and fleeing the angry swarms).

There are plenty of other things, but I'll end my yammering. I'm just grateful I was able to experience a good childhood here in the states.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009

Just Surge. That stuff fueled my childhood. I'd kill to get my hands on a can of it now.

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
There are quite a few things i miss.

I miss the good old times when i actually watched TV for the good stuff from the mornings Cheez TV to the afternoons Toonami to the delightful evenings of the Adult Swim Lineup.

On a social note i miss the times i spent with mates from school. Being so use to seeing them everyday has made me feel so empty now that im at uni :(

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
How easy everything seemed. It was like everything fell into my lap without much effort.I never actually had to put much effort into anything until college hit.

Also, the sounds of the crickets lulling you to sleep is something I will always miss.

ungothicdove

Nov 30, 2007
Oh man, this thread would come up when I'm looking for old books that I read as a kid. I think my imagination is what I miss the most. Not that I still don't have it but it's not the same. Legos could occupy my whole day, I fought many imaginary battles in the woods, and books were wondrous portals to other worlds. I miss Toonami in the early years when I was really into cartoons. Johnny Quest and Superfriends were my favorites. And being a good boy who wouldn't just want to use a girl. Oh things have changed.

Discon

Sep 14, 2009
There aren't really any things I MISS from my childhood. I have fond memories of watching Pokemon during the mornings, but other than that I got picked on a lot and had more self-esteem problems than I have now.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Certain aspects and moments of my childhood yes. The innocence of everything. Doing something for the first time.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Not having to do stuff for class all the time... Saturday morning cartoons... free time.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Being a clueless little twerp with no responsibility, bumping my head into stuff without a care of the world.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I miss being able to hug people, tickle people, jump around, climb trees, all the usual childish things. As I've grown up, I've not wanted to stop hugging the people I like, tickling people for fun, grabbing their hand and jumping over fences, or take them climbing up a tree to eat cherries. I still want that contact with people, but now I can't even remember the last time I gave someone a hug who I wasn't romantically involved with or was for the sake of politeness.

I JUST NEED A GODDAMN HUG RIGHT NOW! D=

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
My childhood TV programmes, Thundercats as my favourite.

Also as others have mentioned, not knowing how screwed the world is and being able to have fun.

Damn i miss those days....

mythlover20

Jul 8, 2010
You know what I miss from my childhood? Being able to take a week off sick and not have worry about losing my job. that's what i miss.