What do you miss from your childhood?

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
I'm only 17 and I already miss stuff.

Digimon and many other shows mainly. Also the time when no cared if you were cool or not and if they did it involved Pokemon cards. I miss those days.

Oh and my innocence. My glorious innocence. The internet took it a long time ago.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Tv channels like Discovery and The History Channel actually being educational and interesting. I honestly remember a time in my early childhood where a History "special on werewolves" meant an hour-long exploration of the history of the werewolf myth instead of an hour of some assholes wandering aimlessly around some woods in search of a "wolfman" the town drunk allegedly saw, and where it was possible for them to talk about the ancient Egyptians without any mention of "aliens" or "ancient astronauts." I try not to fall into the trap of being nostalgic, but in this case there's no doubt in my mind that these channels had better programming when I was a child, and I truly miss those days of being able to turn on the tv and actually learn about facts.

Vangaurd227

Jun 3, 2011
I'm still in my childhood so i'm going to enjoy it while it lasts! which is approximately for another 3 years :3

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
I really only miss the quality of cartoons. Above all else, cartoons were what made growing up in the 90's so freakin' awesome.

debossman21

Jun 7, 2011
Good Cartoon Network and Toonami. Also just not having to care what I looked like or who is looking. Those days were awesome

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Being carefree and not worried about stuff like finance, job, doing stuff by yourself etc (what adults do that a child does not).

IKSA

Jun 30, 2011
Playing with other kids and ofc not knowing truth about the cruel world...

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
The halcyon days when chronic underachievement went unnoticed. Although that may have led to said underachievement, and now my head hurts.

Womplord

Feb 14, 2010
Playing Pokemon cards with my friends, and basically playing anything with the other kids in my school and neighbourhood, and the days where I could be carefree.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
My ignorance. My sanity. My belief that getting to an adult to tell about a misdoing would do anything. My belief that the world was a place worth living in and worth protecting.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Decent cartoons. Not all we have on Cartoon Network/Disney/Nickelodeon is lousy cartoons (with some exceptions, thank goodness...), and annoying non-animated bullcrap.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
The LANs. They were LEGENDARY.

We used to borrow a classrom at my local school where er...not sure what the US term would be but, where we also did cooking, home knowledge stuff etc. It was FANTASTIC. Big open room, lots of desks/tables to put PCs on and FOUR ovens and a fridge for our Colas. Frozen pizzas all over the place...people falling asleep on the floor, on their keyboards, on each other....yelling and screaming at each other while playing CS or quake...oh man...those really were the days.

Anthony_Usher

Jul 14, 2010
Definitely the exciting smell of opening a fresh booster pack of Pokemon cards, and I'm talking about good ol' fashioned Red, Blue, Yellow Pokemon. Sometimes I encounter that smell when opening new textbooks for college (yeah, I wish MY homework was still just "what did you do over the weekend?") and it makes my day brighter.

Nothing compares to the fact that, no matter how much fun future generations were, I can still list the original 151 Pokemon in order from memory simply because I played the games a hundred gazillion times in a row.