What do you name your enchanted items?

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
I call my weapons things that sound like weird sex things but aren't really, like "Tilderwank" or "Meatfapper." Oh, and I'll occasionaly say that's I'm killing this orc with my "Magic Penis."

Shadows Risen

Nov 1, 2011
tobi the good boy said:
I have an Ebony greatsword called 'Retribution'. It is the perfect visage of how I viewed the sword in my mind. Does Magicka damage and soul trap.
Heh, I did a similar thing but it's an Ebony longsword (one-handed) that absorbed magicka. Don't have the 100 enchant for a secondary effect.

Bruenin

Nov 9, 2011
EndOfDaWorld said:
My only original enchanted weapon was a Falmer Bow I imbued with fire. I called it Bow of the Underneath. I was every uncreative at the time.
I'll prolly think of better ones tonight. Just because my brain likes to do that.....
I did the same thing, with the same enchant and bow. But I named it Hellfire instead

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I recently enchanted a halberd with fire. Named it Hellberd.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
jthwilliams said:
metsplayer1 said:
What? You can name your weapons? I'm actually serious, I had no idea you could, holy crap. No I'm not trolling, can someone please tell me how to do that? I honestly had no idea you could do that!

When you enchant a weapon, the last step before you craft it is picking a new name for it. Honestly not sure how you are missing it.
Oh, I thought it was for all weapons, I haven't enchanted any weapons yet.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
metsplayer1 said:
What? You can name your weapons? I'm actually serious, I had no idea you could, holy crap. No I'm not trolling, can someone please tell me how to do that? I honestly had no idea you could do that!
At the bottom of the enchanting screen before you enchant the item there's an button that says "Rename Item" or something like that. Press that and you can name it whatever the hell you want, but only if you do it before you actually enchant the weapon.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
2fish said:
Well I played Dark Brotherhood and got the
Blade of Woe
So I only thought it fitting to name my other dagger Blade of Shadow (soul trap).

I like running two daggers, I feel like a female dark elf version of Durzo Blint.

No other enchantments have been made as I don't really need them until I make my mage. The items I got from guild quests seem to be quite good this game. Some drain a little quick but there are a ton of soul gems out there.
Did you enchant it with the soul of the emperor? :D

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
metsplayer1 said:
Yep, it's "F" on PC, after you've picked your item and enchant I believe.

OT: I'm not that original I guess. In Guild Wars' style, I add a suffix or a prefix. For example: "Reaping Daedric Sword", "Vampiric Dwarven Bow", "Glass Dagger of Harvest", etc

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I named my Daedric Sword with a very powerful fire enchantment "Sword of the Darkness Flame" cookie for reference

ZombieMonkey7

Dec 24, 2009
My fortify sneaking boots "Shhhhhh..."
My fortify magicka pants "Smarty Pants"
My fire sword "Burning Love"
My fortify one handed gauntlets "HULK HANDS"
and I named my pickaxe "The humble pickaxe of FIRE!"

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
I just started naming them after whatever people names I could think of.
My first set of Steel swords were named "Bianca" and "Greg".
Then I enchanted a Blades katana and I named it "Kenny"
Now my elven blades are called "Steven" and "Rochelle"
I always try to use a girl name and a boy name, since I use double-sword style fighting.

When it comes to armor I just use whatever's on my mind that I feel is appropriate. But I always make sure I have "Warm Boots" because I always put my frost resist enchant on my boots. And the one thing you'd definitely need in a place like Skyrim is warm boots.

apwalt

Jun 9, 2010
My Skyrim items are named pretty basically. Stuff like Dagger of Anguished Souls (for soul trap). The Burninator, etc.

I loved Morrowind and made several items while playing. I loved that you could wear clothes and armor and I used this to my advantage by making.

Los Pantalones de Dios. Or "The Pants of God"

They gave me health regeneration

RickyRich

Nov 8, 2011
I once named a pickaxe I enchanted "Pickaxe of Frozenness". I have no idea why or what I did with it. All I know is that I enchanted it and one very unlucky silver ore vein is going to be extremely cold soon.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Risingblade said:
2fish said:
Blade of Woe
So I only thought it fitting to name my other dagger Blade of Shadow (soul trap).

I like running two daggers, I feel like a female dark elf version of Durzo Blint.

No other enchantments have been made as I don't really need them until I make my mage. The items I got from guild quests seem to be quite good this game. Some drain a little quick but there are a ton of soul gems out there.
Did you enchant it with the soul of the emperor? :D
I think it is either Cicero or Astrid who made the Blade of Shadow. Nice spoiler warning by the way ;) I let the emperor keep his soul as he took his death way better than Astrid did.

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
Fire.

Being a destruction-based mage, this means I either kill things with fire, or kill things with Fire.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
I don't really put alot into enchanted equipment unless I know I will have it for a while, once I hit Glass armor and Daedric weapons I will definitely try to become more clever with my equipment.
Right now off the top of my head my magic equipment is
Gilded Curaise of Destruction
Leeching Glass Sword
Glass Bow of Limbo (actually kind of proud of this one, it's a bow with an enchantment for one second soul trap)

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Private Custard said:
I have a nice (but very basic) enchanted greatsword called Lydia. I think you can guess which soul I used for it!

It stays on the wall at all times.
I still wonder why she stays in my house and eats my food. I don't use her but the least she could do every time I come back is....sex.

I don't really care if I'm an Argonian either, just....do something useful!

Tipatap

Aug 7, 2011
2fish said:
Blade of Woe

You win the thread.

OT:
Usually what fits. I have "Sithis' Grasp" as a bow because it has fiery soul trap and Flame damage, and I'd imagine that being touched by the Void would cause some serious pain. This character, a ranger/theif/assassin worships Sithis, Nocturnal, and Hircine, so they all have something to do with one of those three, even if Sithis isn't a Daedra. Oh, and to the downfall of all other Daedra.
*whispering* They will perish. *whispering*