What do you name your enchanted items?

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Don't rename most of my enchanted items, would be to much things to rename.

Except on my rogue with his Ebony Dagger of Summer and the Ebony Dagger of Winter, which do fire and frost damage.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
One time I was given a ragged hat by some NPC - to show how much they appreciate me no less. I immediately enchanted it with a 1% magica buff, and named it the Hat Trick. I then sold it off - an item that originally was worth bugger all - for a tidy sum and went to swank about it in front of the git who gave me the hat.

Except of course I had to do the swanking bit in my mind...

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
While I don't have Skyrim, not yet at least, I am planning names for various weapons. For my main character, who I am planning as a greatsword-wielding tank, her greatsword, which will eventually be a Legendary Ebony one with Fiery Soul Trap and Absorb Health enchantments, will be The Subjugator. Her armor, the Damned Valkyrie's Armor.

For my eventual bowman, his bow is more than likely going to be The Nailer, though I'm not sure about the enchantments. His armor, will probably have Sneaky Bastard's something in there somewhere.

As for mage, I'm not sure. I do remember that in Oblivion, once I got the Shivering Isles, I named my Madness armor after some race I made up, and I named the Sword of Jyggalag Jyggalag's Blessing, or some such thing.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Ebony Battleaxe w/ Soul Snare = Midnight Scythe (Cause the blade is HUGE)
Ebony Gauntlets w/ 2h damage = Black Deathdealers
Ebony Chest plate w/ Heavy Armor skill = Voidstone
Ebony Boots w/ Fire Resistance = Obsidian Striders

4 years of WoW has helped me with names. I just stare at the item, look at the enchantment, ????, profit.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
It's pretty situational, really. Bows tend to get a name involving hunting or morbid Valentines day references, examples being Sparrow-Hunter or Black February. Hand weapons run the gamut but typically involve some take on what they are enchanted to do, i.e. my hand axe is called "Hacker", my soul trap dagger is "Extractor", and my two scimitars which are amazingly my best weapons are called "North Wind" (cold damage) and "South Wind" (lightning damage).

Heh, back in Oblivion I had one of those 100% Chameleon outfits, I called it the "Barely There Wardrobe".