What do you name your enchanted items?

Spiritofpower

Aug 29, 2011
If it's stuff I'm training enchanting with, obvious stuff like "Iron Dagger of Frost" or things like that. If it's stuff I'm actually gonna use, then i usually choose a god from Greco/Roman and Norse (occasionally Egyptian) mythology that had powers similar to/wielded something similar to the effect in question and name it something to do with that god, or the item they wielded. I.E. a hammer that did thunder damage I would call "Thor's Fury" or "Mjolnir", or perhaps "Rage of Zeus". A shield that has been upgraded to legendary and enchanted with as much magic resistance as i can cram in there I'd probably call "Aegis".

Speaking of Mjolnir, once i get my hands on the construction set, I'm gonna mod in an artifact one-handed hammer that looks exactly like Mjolnir from Marvel comics, and give it a shock damage enchantment akin to taking all the electricity humanity has produced to date and zapping some poor mother****er with it.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
my enchanting skill isn't high enough for some hardcore enchanting, time to go grind all of those Iron Daggers that I grinded smithing with!

although I wish I had a pair of these
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/328/sivgloves.jpg
Siv HD is the man

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
neonsword13-ops said:
After the ponies, of course.

My dwarvern bow is Rainbow dash, The sheild is Applejack, and the blood sucking, poison sword is Fluttershy.
I like the name of your sword, lol.

metsplayer1 said:
What? You can name your weapons? I'm actually serious, I had no idea you could, holy crap. No I'm not trolling, can someone please tell me how to do that? I honestly had no idea you could do that!
That reminds me of a post my friend saw on Gamefaqs:
"I played Skyrim for 13 hours before I found out there is a sprint button..."
I lol'd for a good 10 minutes.

OP: I name them after Daedra or their artifacts.
My Daedric sword that steals souls: Umbra
My Daedric bow that does frost damage: Nocturnal's Touch
My Daedric chest armour: Vaermina's Chest
It is actually quite amusing to dual wield Mace of Molag Bal with Molag Bal's Mace xD

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
dashiz94 said:
metsplayer1 said:
What? You can name your weapons? I'm actually serious, I had no idea you could, holy crap. No I'm not trolling, can someone please tell me how to do that? I honestly had no idea you could do that!
At the bottom of the enchanting screen before you enchant the item there's an button that says "Rename Item" or something like that. Press that and you can name it whatever the hell you want, but only if you do it before you actually enchant the weapon.
I didn't know because I haven't enchanted anything yet.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
freaper said:
metsplayer1 said:
Yep, it's "F" on PC, after you've picked your item and enchant I believe.

OT: I'm not that original I guess. In Guild Wars' style, I add a suffix or a prefix. For example: "Reaping Daedric Sword", "Vampiric Dwarven Bow", "Glass Dagger of Harvest", etc
I didn't know because I haven't enchanted anything yet.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Tolkienian Elvish/Black tongue names. Why? Because i'm a nerd and i can. Plus, having a flaming sword called "Neftalion" (dragon's tooth in Elvish) is pretty damn epic.

Von Dean

Feb 10, 2010
2fish said:
Well I played Dark Brotherhood and got the
Blade of Woe
So I only thought it fitting to name my other dagger Blade of Shadow (soul trap).

I like running two daggers, I feel like a female dark elf version of Durzo Blint.

No other enchantments have been made as I don't really need them until I make my mage. The items I got from guild quests seem to be quite good this game. Some drain a little quick but there are a ton of soul gems out there.
1. Holy sh*t,i've never heard anyone mention Durzo! I re-read the Night Angel Trilogy just 6 months ago

2.My gear is usually named for its purpose "smithy ring" for forging etc but I like to name my gear after cool weapons i've had in other games like the 'Holy Win' or 'Venus Gospel'

imagremlin

Nov 19, 2007
I'm yet to play Skyrim, but my main Oblivion sword was named in Spanish: "Ahora si se encabrono". Which roughly translates to "Now he's really pissed off".

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
All gear is named after John Cena memes. "Forcing you to feel me" deadric mace. "Never give up" helmet "never back down" curiass "Never quit" gloves and boots are "The four second tan"

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
My two enchanted bows
Legendary Daedric Bow with shock damage: Absolution.
Legendary Ebony Bow with fire damage: Cinderfell

Though to be fair, I think both of these names were used in the Dragon Age games.
I don't name my armor. I've been using the Nightingale Armor for a while now even though I don't even put some of its benefits to use. I don't use magic at all, so the Illusion bonus is useless. But it just looks too good to not wear.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
I went through a trend (Until now that I've killed Alduin) of naming all my swords Dragonsbane and all my shields Dragonbane's Defender.
When I found the actual Blades Sword Dragonbane, I laughed because I had been naming my swords that from the start.

I named all my bows after named dragons I killed, so my first was Mirmulnir's Bane, the second Sahloknir's, etc, right up until my current Alduin's Bane.
I wouldn't allow myself to use the new bow or enchant it until I had slain another named dragon for a while, but when none showed up after the first two in the story I made up dragon names.
Odahviing's was called Odahviing's Saviour, however, since you let him live.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Usually I'm pretty unimaginative with my names. I'm just lazy and call it something like "(normal name of item) of (description of effect)". But sometimes I can come up with a good name that fits the item and sounds good. Like the last thing I made on Skyrim was an Elven sword that does fire damage so I simply called it "Golden Flame". In Oblivion I had a claymore made from Madness Ore which had a soul trap effect (among others) which I called "Entrapment of Madness".

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Well, I'll start naming them once I make something that's worth naming and not something I made for training.
Those things are still iron daggers (legendary) tjhough they do fire damage.

Though I will make a warhammer wich does lightning damage and name it Mjolnir, just for the sake of making it.
I'll probably hang it on a wall.

Sep 3, 2011
i call them something funny like the sword i called "the long hard thing" or something

i killed them with my long hard thing

tee tee tee oh never gets old

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
I've got a pair of gloves with a max carry weight bonus called "Piano Movers Gloves" a ring with the same called "Band of the Powerlifter".

There's a blacksmith apron with a smithing bonus called "Apron of the Blacksmith".

A cowl or hood with a sneak bonus called 'The Cowl of not being seen"

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but I just named my Daedric bow Kneecapper.