What do you want in mass effect 3?

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Schreck157 said:
Palaven, the Turian homeworld. I want to see more of my crested headed friends. Also, females for the Krogan, the Turians, and Salarians.
Yeah, I always found it really weird that we never seem to see female aliens, except Quarians (Asari don't count).

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
I would like if they tie everything off at the end of the game and that is really it. I would be very happy if they give us closure on all of the major decisions from the first two games which haven't resolved yet (i.e. the Rachni). I leave everything else to Bioware entirely; they have yet to disappoint me (except perhaps Dragon Age to some degree, although overall I thought it was good).

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
More of the same, pretty much. I'm not picky.

Oh, and, for future reference, characters should be a little more mortal during the story.

CrusaderRankin

Dec 9, 2010
Legion, more armor customisation, possible body customisation not just face, better hairstyles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daystar Clarion:
I want to see a day-care center. A little Quarian rolling around in a bubble, a tiny Krogan bullying the other children, a baby Salarian singing Gilbert and Sulivan...

It would be awesome...

that would be awesome, although from the trailer i cant see that happening lol!

ChipSandwich

Jan 3, 2010
More missions like the Geth Colossus boss fight in Tali's Recruitment mission

More techno-ish soundtrack and less orchestral cheese

Mordin and Legion

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
I want to save the entire galaxy, not just humanity. I'm wondering if they made the 2nd game more focused on humanity to try and make it hit "closer to home." I really enjoyed the scale of the universe in the first game (every race not just humans are under attack).

That and Tali of course.

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
Huh, thats easy.

1. Liara, Ashley/Kaidan and Wrex if possible, all coming back as SQUADMATES. Not walk on cameos in supporting roles - SQUADMATES! Liara and Ash/Kai take priority, since those "two" are alive no matter what. Everyone else is potentially dead, and so should come behind them in priority. Also, make characters actually be "characters" again, not bloody "mission objectives". Exploring their personality and their past should be a great optional experience to explore that impacts the plot in a meaningful, UNIQUE way! Not just be some tedious shooter mission to advance the game that ends up being telegraphed to you. "Oh hi Shepard, one of the crew who you hate, think is boring and have ignored until know wants you to solve a very personal problem in the form of an errand that involves killing lots and lots of enemies. From behind cover. With a gun, most likely."

The loyalty mission for Wrex in ME1 may have been the same dull "clean out this prefab" mission which plagued ME1 too much, but the virmire confrontation? Fuck me, how can ME1, a game that ISNT about team loyalty execute an example of it FAR, FAR, FAR better than ME2 ever looked like it could hope of doing.

No, ME2 just said: loyal = normal ability to handle tasks, unloyal = moron who will die attempting tasks. Loyalty should have affected their resolve under certain key moments important to the individual characters, not just their competence in completing simple, straightforward and interchangeable tasks that any number of the other crew could handle!

Anyway, I just want a smaller squad of more well integrated characters this time. A unique role in the story, plenty of banter with Shepard AND THE OTHER SQUADMATES! Things like that. Not just a band of "badass" combat drones like in ME2.

2. A real, focused Bioware story again to end this trilogy. Not another fucking awful collection of busywork sidequests and disposible main plotline which railroads you at seperate moments of the game.

3. Game that doesnt force you into "play me like Gears" ALL of the time. You know, like instead of shoving guns into the players hands all the time, let the powers do more heavy lifting, and not force the player to take cover every firefight and toss their powers like shooting a gun. (Basically: A little more RPG in the combat, less "Gears of War")

4. A gameworld that isnt a collection of small, linear shooter missions, or their associated, small, linear and boring "crossroads" disguised as hubs. I want a REAL hub back like in ME1, where its the centre of the game and actually feels like it. And I want the KOTOR/ME1 style worlds back where they are big events that cant just be tossed aside after an hour of shooting people. They actually MATTER, and have great moments in them that explore the main plot and side characters.

5. More customisation. Armour. Guns. Teammates. Whatever, they all were too thin in ME2. The "upgrade" system was so CRAP and BORING it hurt. Incremental, INVISIBLE stat increases are meaningless. What does it matter when you headshot an enemy with an inconsequential bit of extra damage or ammo? Bring back customising things in a UNIQUE way. The only area I felt ME2 got cusomisation somewhat right was with the modular armour. But it only had 20% of the amount of customisation it should have had. More varied pieces with more unique perks (and drawbacks - stop coddling the player all the time like they are some sort of brain dead, casual gaming pussy).

I shouldnt drivel on any further, as it makes me angry thinking about how ME2 let me down. But there you go, there is my immensely critical, but still constructive to all but the most butthurt fanboy, thoughts on Mass Effect 3 and how it should improve on ME2.

Edit: Forgot!

6. TO DESTROY CERBERUS!

I hate when I have to clarify this, but that anger doesnt come from them being complex, well written and ambiguous "villains". It comes from them being a cliched, "shady" super elite organisation that is just annoying, tedious garbage. Being railroaded into playing as their errand boy in ME2 was one of Biowares lowest ever storytelling points. Rectify that in ME3 by letting us wipe them all out, and decapitate the Illusive Man with our bare hands.

ZodiacBraves

Jun 26, 2008
I am going to begin by stating I haven't had the money/time to play ME2 yet, but ME1 is one of my fave games.
Grey_Focks said:
Yea....remember Mass Effect 2? More of that. Wouldn't mind a three-player co-op mode, especially if your team can have some sort of input on conversations.
This would be really fun if done right, even 2 player co-op would be satisfactory for me. Just some co-op for this amazing game to play with a friend.
Talpidae said:
An entire city of elcor. Seriously. I love the elcor.
I wouldn't say the Elcor are my favorite race in the game; However, when learning about them in the game and codex in the original ME I did find them quite interesting. Seeing their world would be quite interesting as well.
Pandalisk said:
Harder consequences for my actions in ME 2, i felt my choices in ME 1 didn't have as much of an impact as i hoped it would.
I agree, I haven't played ME2, so I don't know what my choices affected in that game, but I did felt some lack of impact than I expected.
The Wykydtron said:
Maybe the Mako could make a valient return in ONE (and only one) awesome action filled sequence ...
You know I feel like I am one of the few people that liked the Mako. This could be partially because of the PC version improving the controls, but I felt that with practice you could get quite good with it, and became really fun for me.

I would love to see an improved Mako make a return in general. In my mind I would love to see better planet surfaces to explore (it got bland rather fast, although I still loved piloting the Mako), better controls because admittedly they could be improved, and maybe the ability to customize in appearance/stats in some way.

----

Finally, (and again, haven't played ME2) I would ask for a better morality system in the game. The original ME's was good, but I felt that there were time that the "morality" scale could have been improved in some way. Personally I think they should make the morality system meaningful, but not directly tied to loot or ability right away (like the auto-win moments in the conversation system of ME).

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
This thread is still happening? Wow.

On the matter of the Mako, I will say this. I enjoyed exploring in it, a lot. It was fun just zooming around looking for minerals and wreckage, and running away from Threshar maws. On the otherhand, the combat in it was horrible. the fact that they managed to jam some Mako combat into every one of the main missions really didn't help, either. Combat in it just felt tedious, really not challenging at all, just felt like driving over a cliff, shooting everyone I could until my shields went down, back down the hill to let them recharge, repeat ad nausem, and that was that.

My idea? bring vehicle exploring back (maybe in the Hammerhead?) but for the love of god, keep the vehicle combat to a bare minimum. Unless it's space combat. I would wholly endorse that.

Eacaraxe_v1legacy

Mar 28, 2010
I want bad endings. One in which Shepard fails and the Reapers win, or maybe Shepard can fight off the Reapers but at the cost of Earth or the rest of the galaxy. Tie these decisions back all the way to ME1 with a definite chain of causation, and maybe even make them the result of unintended consequence. Renegade or paragon does not even have to enter the equation directly.

Also, make Earth the beginning of the Reaper attack. Don't just make it all about Earth.

For example, let's assume Shepard got Tali exiled or Tali dies. Tali doesn't get elected to the Admiralty board, which is foreshadowed in ME2. The Quarians go to war against the Geth, and as a result Shepard is forced to sit on the sidelines or back the Quarians; or choose between the two races if Legion was recruited, made loyal, and survived the suicide mission. As a result someone gets wiped out and the other side is dramatically weakened in the process.

The Reapers attack the Citadel. Now, the Quarians and the Geth have the most powerful fleets in the galaxy and would be the only ones capable at this point of defending the Citadel; this is backed up in the codex if you don't believe me. Either side could have defended the Citadel, but since they wasted resources and ships the Citadel ends up lost. In the epilogue, the Council collapses, and is turned into a dictatorship for a renegade playthrough or a fully-democratic government in which all races are represented for a paragon, and the race which survived the Quarian/Geth war makes a slow recovery finally welcomed by the galaxy.

If Tali wasn't exiled and survived the suicide mission, she gets elected to the admiralty board. Shepard from here could urge the Quarians to go to war with the Geth and curb stomp them thanks to his/her assistance and Tali's expertise, focus on the Reapers or even broker a peace agreement with the Geth if Legion was recruited and survived. This time, when the Reapers attack the Citadel they find a full-capacity defense fleet which defends the Citadel albeit at great cost, or even a joint Quarian/Geth force which proceeds to tear the Reapers a structurally-superfluous new behind (congratulations for making the best choices and being a completionist in ME2). In the epilogue, the Quarians finally get accepted as a Citadel race and even get to go home in peace (if the Geth were destroyed or peace was brokered).

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
No probing, an extra squadmate, i.e. four man squad instead of three and a multitude of other things too long to post.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
I want my fucking inventory system, I want open-world hub kind of maps like ME1, I want weapon customization, I want planet exploration, and I want infinite ammo!

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
I want them to release it when they think they're done, and satisfied with the final product, rather than having to rush it out the door. Yes, waiting for these games after being left with cliffhangers can suck, but I want the conclusion of the Shepard's trilogy to be every bit complete as Bioware feels they can make it.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I want my fucking inventory back, I want to put laser-sights and upgraded do-dads on my fucking guns! Also, maybe giving engineers some kind of exo-skeleton as their unique power would be nice.

Pandaman1911 said:
I want my fucking inventory system, I want open-world hub kind of maps like ME1, I want weapon customization, I want planet exploration, and I want infinite ammo!
Are you me?! Am I YOU?!