What do you want in the next fallout?

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Fallout set in Australia! Be like a more insane version of Mad Max, with mutated kangaroos and wombats.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
Fallout set in England ?
No, no, no, no.....only over my burned carcass !

When there is a Fallout set in Europe, it will be in germany.

Why ?

Imagine a atomic wasteland, with Neo-Nazis that want to restore the former glory of the third Reich as replacement for the Raiders or the Enclave of Fallout 3.

Instead of the Radscorpions and Deathclaws, we can use the Wolpertinger (fairy tale creature from bavaria), and perhaps a insane guy, who is a clone of arnold schwarzenegger, trying to create a terminator army !

Okay, this may not be all to serious, but hey, everybody complained about FAllout 3 not being funny enough.

Mar 28, 2011
More interesting factions with clearer effects on how your interactions change the game world.

No level cap so i can actually make my perfect character dammit.

Vehicles or rideable wildlife.

More perks that actually improve you character more than a nano-scale adjustment.

More customizable armour. Like you keep the same stats but can mess around with the style.

Remove the faction disguises. I want to wear NCR ranger armour because it looks cool, not to get shot at by the powder gangers.

Being able to persuade someone not to kill you when they catch you stealing a stimpak because you have no caps and 3 points of health left.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
A non-US setting would be nice, with more of a focus on a large ruined cityscape. Walking around the city in Fallout 3 was one of my favorite things to do in the game. Fallout: Venice might be pretty nifty.

Keep weapon mods, add Pip-Boy mods. I don't want my Pip-Boy to just be a computer, flashlight, and radio. Fuck that, I want to be able to turn this thing into Glitch from Reboot. "Pip-Boy, taser! Pip-Boy, zipline! Pip-Boy, reclining armchair!"

Actually, while I'm thinking about mods, the option to replace your limbs with stuff! Get your legs blown off in that last scrap with the Super Mutants? No problem, crawl your miserable hide over to the nearest city, find an engineer and have him give you those nifty thrusters from some of the robots instead! You don't use that left hand much anyway, may as well have that replaced with a mechanical riot shield/laser rifle combo! New Vegas didn't go far enough with that, there must be more!

The option to become a ghoul would be nice. Maybe a chance of occurring if you spend too much time with a really high radiation level? Bonus: healing from radiation, small STR boost maybe? Negatives: Massive CHA penalty and just about everyone requiring more work to get to like you.

Maybe with a high enough science skill and the right perks, the ability to capture and tame some of the wasteland critters? Rad-scorpion ranch anyone?

Matt Dellar

Jun 26, 2011
Oh man.

-More monsters, mutated and actually scary. Bigger, more awesome, and unscripted.
-If you're gonna have kids in the game, don't let them be the only survivors of my merciless slaughter of an entire town. Make them mortal or at least come up with something that doesn't break my immersion. Taking them out would break it, so do SOMETHING INTERESTING with them.
-Make 3rd person animation awesome. Make me feel the recoil from my guns and for the sake of the experience, make my character actually react to stuff.
-Don't make me pay for DLC to keep playing after I beat the game, not telling me that there was no post-game free roam mode and setting the last save point in a spot where I couldn't go back.
-Something other than a wasteland. It's all bleak and dreary. Hasn't SOMEONE rebuilt their city's backyard after the war?
-Keep the talking system you're gonna have in Skyrim.
-Dual-wield?
-A fun weapon crafting system. The current one make me fall asleep.
-New engine or fix the glitches. I didn't save for the first hour of gameplay, then I tried to fast travel and the game just froze.
-Maybe a way to take off perks you chose at an earlier level? After awhile, I started not liking the bloody deaths perk because I could never play while my parents were in the room.

Some of these might have been addressed in New Vegas. I'm getting that pretty soon (and modding the heck out of it if none of the stuff I want is in there).

GlobalJim

May 18, 2010
*Takes deep breath* I find that fallout has turned into more of a "rebuild the world" game than a "survival" game which i prefered. In Fallout 4 i would like to see.... A SECOND APOCALYPSE! To start it off you choose between 2 mojor factions at war (e.g Enclave or NCR) and you are either trying to lauch a nuclear threat or prevent if based on the starting faction you chose. (Having Ron pearlman as a squad mate would be a bonus). So, the bomb goes off and theres a new wasteland. Your new character is somehow tied into your previous one (e.g the soldier's child)that would have some kind of objective(let experts think of it). This senario would also fit in with how the narrator would say "War never changes" and how the Brotherhood wanted to keep tech away from people to protect then from themselfs.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Inkidu said:
WanderingFool said:
Inkidu said:
New York City and a motorcycle. That's all I want.
Have half of Manhatten under water, and plenty of sky-bridges connecting the various buildings, and I'd be happy.
A Statue of Liberty missing an arm, another Brotherhood stronghold fortified there. Some actual boats. A city built atop the Brooklyn Bridge. Queens would kind of be the boonies.
Being set in a alternate timeline, they could change the NYC skyline to have larger, and more skyscrapers, and have said skyscrapers turned into towns and cities that are warring with eachother. Maybe even include the possiblity to change the landscape by demo'ing one of, or even multiple, skyscraper cities. Basically doing the Megaton bit, but on a bigger fucking scale.

awesometron

Aug 3, 2010
i would like to see a new game engine and another country like germany would be cool to see how the rest of the world did after the war maybe there had it better or worse

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
How about an engaging storyline and more options in quest-solving? Also, perhaps we can have a post-apocalyptic game that while is a "wasteland" game still has some colors other than grey and brown? Maybe?
I would like to see a setting that is more along the lines of life-gone-crazy due to radiation. Like a freak overgrown jungle that is made up of severely carnivorous plant life and mutated predators possibly grown out from a large greenhouse in the middle of a once huge city now turned into a true Urban Jungle... Also, if this is a sandbox-style game, I'd like to see a more living world. Go ahead and put some dev time into making the NPC's in towns actually feel alive instead of scripted. WE have the processing power, and we have the creativity... Give them random things to do, make random overhead conversations feel more in tune with events in the game.
In other words, no more status quo. Give us a Fallout game with something to make it feel new and exciting. Also if you're going to give us non-walking transport that isn't fast travel, let us shoot from it or perhaps swing melee weapons medieval style (if its horse-like).

Alxast45

Jun 24, 2011
I dont think its the sort of game that needs mounts. Its the kind of game where you need to take everything in.

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
As long as there are marginally less fall-through-the-ground-and-into-oblivion glitches, I'll be satisfied :)

Alxast45

Jun 24, 2011
Oh and by the way it cant be randomly generated if you want set area side missions,settlements or any depth

Echopunk

Jul 6, 2011
I want to be able to walk through toxic waste spills and find out a few weeks later that I've grown an extra toe. I want to go to a doctor and have it cut off so my boots will fit more comfortably again. I will keep it in my backpack and name it Timmy. IF I should happen to get into a boxing match with a thinly veiled Mike Tyson rip-off, and he should happen to tear my left ear off, I want to be able to pick it up and put it in my pack. I might name it Earl. Then, Timmy, Earl, and I can go on with our wasteland adventures, and as close as we might be, I want the option, should my health get critically low in an important battle, to consume said severed toe and ear for a mild health return.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
Look at the modding community to see what we really want but i personally want a greater range of control at high levels over the wasteland like if i have rediculous amounts of money how about buying building or training soldiers or something even donating them to allied factions and seeing it used or donating weapons because it's pretty ridiculous sitting on an entire armory in my room with more ammo then i would ever need and more armour then i could ever wear. Make the economy more advanced because i thought that you would be able to use NCR$ and legion coins like caps but there really just for gambling selling and a type of shotgun shell and instead of calling a 9mm pistol a 9mm pistol call it what it actually is, a browning high power 1911 (pulled that off the top of my head don't quote me) and don't be afraid to have many ammo types and lots of guns. Even if some guns are worthless and some are nearly identical to others having the gun there is nice. Don't do what New Vegas did and have a huge map where most it is off limits. In fallout 3 sure it broke some immersion when I'm traveling and start running into an invisible wall that was the edge of the map but it was possible to go to each edge nonetheless. In New Vegas you just get unscaleable walls when your pip boy still has that part mapped. Oh and they may as well just do the entire American and Canadian wasteland while they're at it. I'll wait but i want generous screen shots and gameplay leaks.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
I keep laughing at all the posts that say they'd like to see Fallout not be in the USA.
Why?
Fallout Bible, bro.
States the games will never leave America.
Sorry to crush your dreams.

I'd like to see the storyline for Fallout: Van Buren (I think I'm spelling that right?) take place, just more updated to consider what happened to the Legion and NCR.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Fallout: Canada. or Alaska.

Why? First: yay snow! Second, and this may surprise you: yay snow!

Also because Rad-Polar bears need to be a thing.