What does "murder" make you think?

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Umm.. Whats for dinner? Nothing really, same as watching the weather forecast. Perhaps not, the weather actually concerns me.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
For some strange reason, my mind goes blank when I think of murder. So I guess the answer is "nothing".

Or maybe it's my brain subconsciously connecting death to nothingness.

Trasken

Mar 30, 2010
15 to 20 years if one of the three prerequisites is met (treachery, under payment, unecessary cruelty) 20 to 25 years if more than one is met according to the law where i live.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
I automatically think of those chalk outlines on the ground. A little bit old-school and unoriginal, I'll admit, but that's just what my brain has come to associate with murder.

Oddly enough, the second thought is a shadow on a wall stabbing another shadow on a wall, or it's the shower scene from Psycho.

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
TopazFusion said:
"What makes you think it was MURDER??"

- Hot Fuzz
I read that in his voice too. I hope you're happy with yourself -.-

Also, I'm in Brisbane, Aus. We hardly ever hear about murders, but the first thing that comes to mind for me is actually a stabbing. Probably unsurprising for somebody who is non-US.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Shawn MacDonald said:
Could care less because i have no emotional connection to the person.
Couldn't.

It's "couldn't care less." Because if you could care less, it means you must care a bit and that you should probably stop caring as much.

Is it really that hard?

OT: I'm gonna be honest, whenever I hear murder, this pops into my mind at some point:

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
I think "Dagger in the back." Then I think of Clue. Then I think of the movie. And finally, I think of Tim Curry.

So, by the transitive property, murder makes me think of Tim Curry.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Shawn MacDonald said:
TheNaut131 said:
Shawn MacDonald said:
Could care less because i have no emotional connection to the person.
Couldn't.

It's "couldn't care less." Because if you could care less, it means you must care a bit and that you should probably stop caring as much.

Is it really that hard?

OT: I'm gonna be honest, whenever I hear murder, this pops into my mind at some point:

Could stop acting like a spelling nazi. Yeah so tell me how much does a fake teacher get paid anyways? Really hope you don't pull this crap in real life. See how this is a fun place to be and not me writing a paper that will be graded. This is the part where I tell you that I don't have to follow your rules while I am on here. After all, typing something like that earns you 100 hate points. Like it if I typed to you about being such a jerk. Could you really take it to heart, or would you be pissed off and call me arrogant.
Really? That pissed you off? It was the "is-it-really-that-hard" part, wasn't it?

Okay then, give me a second. Now where did I put that old thing? It has to be around here somewh-AHA found it! It took a bit of work, but I think this should satisfy you.

Mar 9, 2010
C'est la vie. People die, it's just what we do, it's what most animals do, we're good at it. Life isn't worth all that much, as much as you wish it was, I don't really care if another person I had no connection to died. I can only give an assumption of what I'd think if it was someone I know, but that's only an assumption.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Someone being killed in a situation where it is impossible for them to fight back.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Shawn MacDonald said:
I really should stop talking to you, as you said, it's pointless, right? I don't want to end up arguing with you about this and filling this thread with our post. But seriously, all I did was correct one itsy, bitsy statement and you got "flustered." I could've gone on with my day, I wouldn't have been prompted to expose my crappy sense of humor, but you posted hilarious statements like this:

shawn MacDonald said:
Could stop acting like a spelling nazi.

Yeah so tell me how much does a fake teacher get paid anyways?

After all, typing something like that earns you 100 hate points.
All I said was that you were using a phrase incorrectly. No reason to get flustered and create crappy comebacks, my good sir. It makes me wonder, how would you have responded if I hadn't added,"is it really that hard?" Would you have still responded to me, as flustered as you are, because the douchebag, spelling Nazi corrected you?

Oh, and another thing, I'm re-reading your posts and they don't really make sense. I mean, I understand what you're saying, but it comes out sounding slightly messed up. Either English isn't your main language (I doubt that, you probably would've mentioned it by now) or you kinda fail at forming sentences.

Edit: Though I have to admit, I have been acting a bit more confrontational than I usually act on the Escapist. First in this Half Life thread, EN's thread, and now with you. Hmm, I wonder what that's about?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I always think of the way the Scottish TV detective Taggart said it. This is the only relevant video I could find.

A Merdar!

henkalv

Oct 31, 2011
I think "somewhere else" cause in the 18 years I have lived here there have only been one murder (wife killing abusive husband to save her kid, was a real shock cause everyone thought they were happy)

I live in Oppland, Norway