What ENTIRE ALBUM is currently gripping you?

Chal

Aug 6, 2010
Somewhere Far Beyond-Blind Guardian

I've only gotten into Blind Guardian recently, but their older stuff is fantastic.

HitsWithStyxx

Nov 26, 2009
Gxas said:
-Second Stage Turbine Blade (Coheed and Cambria)
-In Keeping Secrets of the Silent Earth: 3 (Coheed and Cambria)
-Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (Coheed and Cambria)
-Good Apollo, I'm Burning star IV, Vol. 2: No World for Tomorrow (Coheed and Cambria)
-Year of the Black Rainbow (Coheed and Cambria)
[snip]
Well, when is it not a good time to listen to Coheed?
monstersquad said:
john_alexander said:
Snakes and Arrows.

Though once Clockwork Angels comes out, it'll probably be that.
Yes, hell yes. Also in the same vein, 2112, that has never left my cd player since I put it in. Another one that just grabbed me by the balls and wormed its way into my heart for a very long time was Permission to Land by The Darkness, oh I miss that album and that band.
Thebiggestpanda said:
Rush 2112
CarpathianMuffin said:
All four of my current favorite albums as a whole. Also steadily decreasing in image size, which was somewhat intentional.

Painkiller- Judas Priest

Carpathian Forest- Strange Old Brew

Agalloch- Ashes Against the Grain

Rush- 2112
It does nothing more than make me smile to see so many prog fans on the Escapists :'D
OP: Rush - Moving Pictures
and Slaves to Gravity - Scatter the Crow

superbleeder12

agamersperspective.com
Oct 13, 2007
My favorite album by far has to be 'A Ticking clock I couldn't Stop' by Afterlives.

Another great album which has been getting a lot of play time from me is 'Deathconsciousness' by Have a Nice Life.

Other artists in my rotation include some stuff from Godspeed You! Black Emporer, Wolves in the Throne Room and My Bloody Valentine.

MaVeN1337

Feb 19, 2009
Album: The loon
Band: Tapes n' Tapes

Simple, Catchy, Has a nice flow to it, Here's a saaaample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8YI4pMQPvk

Chelsizzle

Jun 29, 2008
Pinkerton by Weezer.

But I usually can just throw in my Frank Sinatra CDs or Fallout soundtrack and I'm good.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
I can put Radiohead's entire discography on shuffle without worrying about which track comes up. That's how much I love their work.

The_Graff

Oct 21, 2009
close run between "At the edge of time" (Blind Guardian) and "Captain Morgan's Revenge" (Alestorm).

look them up, they rock.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
How about favorite of all time and the one that's currently gripping me? Did i just break the question?

But seriously, Emilie Autumns Opheliac is my favorite album. Laced/Unlaced by Her is a close second.

Zirat

May 16, 2009
The Midnight Crew - Drawing Dead.

I love every single song on the album. It is without a doubt, one of my top three favorites.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Well, there are many:
Colors - BTBAM (gripped me for almost a year now)
The Great Misdirect - BTBAM
Kezia - Protest the Hero
Nocturne - The Human Abstract
Enemy of the World - Four Year Strong
What Separates Me From You - A Day To Remember
Demon Days - Gorillaz (Had this one for a while, but never really liked it until recently)

Yeah. I'm getting a bunch of CDs for Christmas, and like half of them are jazz, so maybe that'll make the list a little more varied. Cannonball Adderley is a genius.