What ENTIRE ALBUM is currently gripping you?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Laura Marling's I Speak Because I Can
The Avett Brother's Emotionalism
Frightened Rabbit's The Winter of Mixed Drinks
and
Joshua James' Build Me This

Yeah, I love folk music.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
AugustFall said:
So what album do you currently find yourself just putting on and not worrying about which track because they are all good? Not your favorite of all time just what one right now?

For me I keep putting on The Fall of Troy's In the Unlikely Event. I didn't like it at first but I really started enjoying it recently and it's been the soundtrack to my last week and a bit.
Nothing right now but about a month ago I could not stop listening to "Fortress" by "Protest the Hero" something you seem to be able to relate to. Every song is just... RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP THE SKKKKKKYYYYYYY ASSUUUUUUUUNDEEEEEEEER!!!

imperialreign

Mar 23, 2010
Been bouncing between two for the last few weeks:

Front Line Assembly - Improvised Electronic Device
Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Currently the following album has a perfect rear naked choke on me:

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Florence and The Machine - Lungs

Great album from start to finish with so many different textures and styles.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
I would say Heathen - The Evolution of Chaos is the one floating my boat most so far this year.

TJ rock 101

May 20, 2008
fuzzydrummer said:
I've had the Gorillaz album Demon Days in my stereo for the last week now. i had forgotten how amazing all the tracks on it were.
I have been listening to that a lot recently as well, such a good album.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
The Devil Wears Prada's "With Roots Above and Branches Below". Every track is completley brutal yet packed with enough melody to make it insanely catchy. A real fist pumping CD.

sukkafree

Jul 29, 2010
For me Avenged Sevenfold's 'Nightmare', and Resident Hero's 'Look' being as that is their only album.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
goldenjester said:
Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, from My Chemical Romance. The tracks flow so well, and tell a pretty cool story when all is said and done.

They've grown up some (but I still love their old stuff).
I got that one too, and also eminems latest "recovery" I love almost every song on it

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
The Antlers - Hospice
written as a tribute to his wife who died of cancer, if music can make you cry, this album will do it with you.

Keppler

Apr 16, 2010
Currently it's not an album, per say, but it is a collection of songs in its entirety.

Gratefuldead.com has been doing this thing in the month of November called "30 Days of Dead" in which they release a soundboard recording of a song from a concert that hasn't been released yet. It's then up to the community to guess the date and venue it was played on, and the first person to get it right gets a free album (from a particular series called Road Trips) of their choice.

So far I've only gotten one of the songs correct; The "Mason's Children" they released was played on January 10th, 1970 at Golden Hall, San Diego. I wasn't the first one to submit the correct answer though...

Xodyac

Jul 10, 2010
A Day to Remember - What Separates Me From You

Fantastic album. I seriously can't stop listening.

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
Lost Horizon and Opeth albums tend to cling to my mind like some kind of mental sea anemone...

...but ever since I heard it, bought it, and listened to it in full, Jerry Goldsmith's soundtrack to The 13th Warrior has been stuck to my very essence. I can't get it out no matter what I'm doing. I think I'd need some kind of exorcism to get it out of my very soul...