What game did you know was bad/awful, and yet you still played it?

Danny91

May 30, 2011
...I'll admit to playing Dragon Age 2 through 4 playthroughs, and the amount of hours I spent on it attest to the fact that I liked it....I guess I was mostly just let down by how much of a middle-child game it felt in the series

and +1 to the Fable 3 point

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Superman Returns: The Movie: The Game. It was a really bad game (not a patch on Superman 64 though) it looked bad, the plot was non-existent, the fight mechanics were awful, and it was the most repetitive game I have ever played. I still completed it though. Which took many hours of grinding through groups of identical enemies, and the occasional boss fight. The final boss is a series of tornadoes!

By a similar sense Spiderman 2: The Movie: The Game. Just like Superman Returns (which tried to copy Spiderman 2's formula) the fighting mechanics were awful, the enemies repetitive, the plot wasn't there, and the city (while no where near as bad as Superman) was a bit dull. Though the only reason anybody ever played that game, and why so many people love it, is that swinging around the city was fantastic.

Also in SM2 Mary-Jane looked like she had ran face first into a brick wall. If you haven't played the game then let me show you.

<spoiler=Mary Jane in the film>http://melbotis.blogspot.com/sm2_maryjane3.jpg

<spoiler=Mary Jane in the Game>http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/528/528827/spider-man-2-20040707034142093.jpg

Seriously WTF? Did Kirsten Dunst run over the character artist's dog or something?

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
Danny91 said:
Well, the thrust of this is that many times, from a purely objective viewpoint, I outright KNOW a game is bad or terrible in certain ways, and yet, I still keep playing it, for one reason or another.
I think you meant subjective, not objective, either that or you don't know what objective means :p Since using "objective" and, "I know" is basically contradictory.

OT: Turok..it was terrible, reviews had said it was terrible but well..I carried on playing it just to see, got through a few hours then had to stop.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Marvel vs. Capcom 3. God, online is awful, but the core gameplay is just too fun. Wish I had some buddies in real life who would play it, but eh.

ImanOcean

Feb 27, 2011
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
MercurySteam said:
Brink. I tried, I really did, but the frustration was not worth it.
This, basically.

I really wanted to enjoy the game, the non-existant campaign, completely incompetent AI and inability to play online were too much for me.
I third this, chucking bots onto multiplayer maps and calling it a campaign, I felt robbed. I tried to ignore the reviews and enjoy it......... impossible

Cooklez

May 30, 2011
Resident Evil 5
I don't know what went wrong here, but something did. I liked some parts but other than that this game was like Silent Hill: Homecoming... too much action and it dragged on longer than it needed to be... plus, didn't people complain about it being racist?

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Metroid Other M.

Every single thing about it was bad. Just fucking bad. So why did I keep playing? Because I'm a Metroid fanboy and therefore must play through the damn thing.

Also, Modern Warfare 2.

Tedious.
Oh, and the fucking aim assist that you can't turn off, So unintuitive as well.

Danny91

May 30, 2011
Doom-Slayer: ha ha sure, my grammar isn't that impressive, but explaining what I meant, I was referring to "objective" defined as "Adjective: Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts." In that sense, what I mean is, you use facts, which you can "know" ...If I'm still wrong, whatever, it's cool :p

Gametek

May 20, 2011
Any Game based on a film? It's kind of a formula.

I played Spiderman 2 the videogame and iron man, but couldn't stend them.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
"FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan."

"Please just call me York, it's what everyone calls me."

Deadly Premonition... So so bad yet so so good

Driving around town talking about '80s movies with your imaginary friend Zach (AKA the player) has never been so awesome

A small example of the insanity

Best QTE ever

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I played through Half Life 2 and it's episodes to prove a point.
My friend said I couldn't judge it after the first time I played it because I only played through Ravenholm (The section where you're forced to use the shoehorned in gimmick weapon that's just a glorified Grab/Throw button) and hated the hovercraft section. (Quite possibly the worst vehicle section in gaming history)
I also played other M, because it was a learning experience.
They took one of the greatest franchises of all time, gutted almost everything that made it amazing, then forced you to sit through poor writing. Occasionally glimmers of the old Metroid games shows through, but otherwise it's not.

Pvt Dylan

May 27, 2011
Brink and Final Fantasy 13.. I really wanted to like them.
I thought Brink was great for about the first day. And FFXIII, just didn't feel like Final Fantasy to me... maybe I just grew out of it? I wish they would go for more of a hack and slash kind of game, with the writing I know and love.

Good thing I rented Brink and borrowed Final Fantasy.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
The game Advent Rising for the Xbox. Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing game that I loved for it's gameplay and story, but dear lord the game was the buggiest mess I've ever seen in a game. I mean honestly... it was worse then any of Bethesda's games on launch, and it never got any sort of patch to fix it if I remember. What should have been one of the best games of the last generation and been the "Mass Effect before Mass Effect" was rendered virtually unplayable for the most part. >_<

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
I played Too Human. I finished the entire story in co-op mode with a friend over xbox live and I actually had a fair amount of fun.

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
Limbo of the Lost. The widely-known worst game ever. Is on my computer right now, in the middle of the prologue. And really... I'm actually liking it. As bad as it is, it's a piece of gaming history, a shining example of what not to do, and it's so bad it's hilarious. I feel like I'm letting down my fellow gamers by saying this, but I've never hated a game. But this thing is so bad... I'm really close to hating my first.