what game got you into gaming

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Earth-Worm Jim ( i might have gotten the name wrong its been so long ) was the first game i played. MY first videogame that got me into videogames was Ocarina of Time, well maybe that and Super Mario 64, but Ocarina has been the game that I will always remember even though i was about 6 or so when i played it.

Robert_Gore

Dec 14, 2010
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Got it for $10 in a bargain bin at the warehouse when I was eight years old.

VanTesla

Apr 19, 2011
I am not 100% sure for my first game I played was at the age of 2... It was one of these three, Mario, Sonic, or Battletoads. Mario I first played at Mc Donalds, Sonic at a friends house, and Battletoads with my brothers at my home. Other possibilties are Pac-Man by the local Donut and Coffee shop, and Mega Man at my older brothers house.

I know t is hard for some people to believe, but I did play those games when I was 2 years old. Mostly watching my brothers completing the games for I could not at that time... Except Mario. None of us could beat Battletoads though (could anyone...?).

ConstantErasing

Sep 26, 2011
Oddly enough I was introduced to gaming when a friend of mine (who actually isn't even and never has been that into games himself) brought a Pikachu bouncy ball into daycare when I was 4. Soon after that I got Pokemon yellow and loved it. However the game that expanded my range beyond constantly playing and replaying the first 2 generations of Pokemon was either Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario World.

Dwachak

Sep 27, 2009
Pokemon Blue made me see games as a worthy pastime exercise, but it wasn't until Oblivion that I comfortably clicked onto the railway of games. Keeping up with news, seeking out new releases, creating a taste in games and so forth :)

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
I played other games before it, but Crash Bandicoot in 1996 was my first gaming obsession. It's one of those rare PS1 games that are still thoroughly enjoyable by today's standards.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
A combination of Megaman X4,Final Fantasy VIII,and Dungeon Keeper. They still hold a special place in my heart,just because I found them to be pure awesomesauce. Even if I could never beat Cyber Peacock/Edea Round 1/The Avatar when I first played.

Thatguyky

May 23, 2011
For me it was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. My aunt showed it to me when I was really young. I think I was about seven or so. I remember having so much trouble with queeny (or whatever her name was). I played that game like crazy.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
I used to be really casual up until a back-then friend introduced me to Priston Tale, an MMO.
I never looked back.

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Manhattan Project

best game EVUR!!!!!!!!

and i still have never beat it.

W1SE 9UY

Mar 17, 2010
contra, crystalis, the original goleneye, and KOTOR. contra and crystalis got me started, and the others kept me interested throughout the years.

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
first game I ever played and loved?
Logical adventures of the zoombinies

First game that turned me on to gaming proper?
Worms armageddon

Game that tuned me from a casual PC gamer to a no-holds-barred console player?
Halo (yes, I know)

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Jumpman and Jumpman Jr (Commodore 64) - These are the games I remember loving from the onset and wanting to come back and try to improve upon.

There were tons of others for the C64 including Archon, Friday the 13th, Ghostbusters, Caveman Ugglympics, some amazing western game that used Bioware style conversation and choice systems <if anyone knows that name of that game I'd love to know>.

Our household eventually got into the NES which naturally got me addicted to Super Mario Bros and snowballed from there.

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
I only started really playing a few years ago when I played a couple games on my friend's xbox. The one that grabbed me and didn't let go was Dragon Age: Origins and so began a beautiful relationship between me and Bioware.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
Doom, Commander Keen, Mechwarrior 2, Stunts (very old driving game), Jill of the Jungle, and other DOS games.