what game got you into gaming

Gililore

Sep 15, 2011
when i was younger i always had video games growing up, it was a big part of my childhood i think, since i was around 6 or 7. i believe my first video game was a taz game for the sega genisis, but the game that really got me into gaming was final fantasy VII. that and diablo 1.

Norks

Jan 21, 2010
First game I ever played was a little yellow digital poker machine my aunt had that I would play with sometimes.
The game that started the passion for gaming? Pokemon Yellow when it came out in europe. I was always a fan of the show and my dad had just bought the family a computer (we had had an old mac but this was something much better). He would sit there looking for cool stuff to do, sample sounds from movies, take screencaps of cool stuff he saw on the web, play those old "1000 Games for Windows" compilations on CD. One day he found the VBA emulator in an early form online, so he downloaded it and pokemon red for me and my little sister, of course this was back when the VBA only had room for one save file so luckily he found "one that actually gives you pikachu at the start!" (he knew way more about pokemon than he probably would have admitted)

So my sis got Red and I got Yellow, and since then we've both been gaming along happily :)

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
it's eighter donkey kong country or one of the mario games, i think allstars so i don't know which of them really, i loved SMB3 tho.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Halo Combat Evolved on the original XBox almost a decade ago. Was the turning point from games as something to watch to something to play.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Always played games as a kid because both my parents were computer scientists and was thus always around computers. But I never really identified myself as a gamer at all though until Ultima 7.

Sumrex

Apr 4, 2010
Age of Empires was the first game i watched and thereafter played as a kid, it still remains one of my favorite games to this day.

Il_Exile_lI

Jun 23, 2010
The first game I ever played was Sonic the Hedgehog. I played that on my uncle's genesis, and then begged my parents for one. I finally got a genesis that Christmas and it came with Sonic 2, which was the first game I ever owned. So basically, the Sonic series.

])rStrangelove

Oct 25, 2011
babinro said:
Jumpman and Jumpman Jr (Commodore 64) - These are the games I remember loving from the onset and wanting to come back and try to improve upon.

There were tons of others for the C64 including Archon, Friday the 13th, Ghostbusters, Caveman Ugglympics, some amazing western game that used Bioware style conversation and choice systems <if anyone knows that name of that game I'd love to know>.

Our household eventually got into the NES which naturally got me addicted to Super Mario Bros and snowballed from there.
That western game must've been:

LAW OF THE WEST (played it myself)

jopomeister

Apr 7, 2010
Pokemon Gold was the first game I played the heck out of, along with Rayman (PS1) and Crash Bandicoot.
Also later on, Super Mario World and hacks for it, they're fun.