what game got you into gaming

StalkCityBaby

Aug 22, 2010
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, I grew up playing NES and have vague memories of Atari, but Link to the Past to was and still is one of the best games ever...in fact I think I'm due for annual ROM play through

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
The port of the original Super Mario Bros. to GBC called "Super Mario Bros. Deluxe". It had Boo races, the second Super Mario Bros. (Japanese, not Doki Doki Panic) and a bunch of other unlockables. And you be Luigi if you really wanted to. Augh, I still have the game, and I still love it. And it really says something when this happened when I was 6.

Cyrin

Dec 24, 2008
I had played a few educational children's games on a flickering green computer screen that vaguely remember.

What got me into gaming was Super Mario World, the first time it was released.

Meg Galuardi

Jan 30, 2011
What got me into gaming every now and then was Wind Waker. What REALLY got me into gaming was Assassin's Creed 2.

EDIT: Actually, I lied. Wind Waker got me into console gaming, but gaming period was Pokemon Yellow.

Ikky Terabusui

Jun 13, 2011
Half Life and Quake III Arena are the 2 games that got me enthused and serious about gaming. I still play Q3A in the form of Quake Live all the time.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Super Mario Brothers.

Also a two month stretch obsession with Battletoads. My grandmother had an NES and i stayed over at her house after school everyday. it only grew and flourished from there.

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
First game I ever beat was Jak and Daxter at a friends place and it remains my favorite trilogy in gaming.

the first game I ever owned though was Pikmin. I love that damn game. Have beaten it so many times, even though seeing all the little fuckers die or get eaten could reduce 7-8 year old me to tears.

I want Pikmin 3 so much...

DevTrek

Dec 1, 2009
Command & Conquer. Just couldn't quite get into the third one though, for some reason. Makes me a little bummed out.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
That would be Ape Escape. Once i figured out how the hell to swing the net i loved that game!

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
and

Closely followed by:
Nobuo Uematsu, you're a god.

Banjo-Kazooie did its job too, but it was mostly those three.

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
My first console was an Atari 2600 and I loved Pitfall and Ms. Pac-Man, but the first Legend of Zelda was the game that really hooked me.

j0k3r.ig

Nov 30, 2011
The first game I played was Super Mario Bros. but Resident Evil 2 was the game that changed my whole outlook on games

Ktownknight

Feb 15, 2011
Of course the classics infleunced me, but the big three were Pokemon, (Blue was the one i had...still have it somewhere, im sure), DK64 (my first introduction to console gaming, and probably one of my all-time favorites), and, for PC gaming, a very buggy but fun game based on the D&D adventure, Pools of Radience.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
PS1 demo disc. Included gems such as Spyro the Dragon, Metal Gear Solid, MediEvil, Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Wild 9 and Tomb Raider 3.