What game has the most gorgeous soundtrack?

Mercesa

Oct 23, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8w27AYWCnE

This my friends is a beautiful theme

Gothic 3 so magnificent

How you post the link as a vid btw ?

Jun 13, 2010
I absolutely LOVE the soundtracks for Persona 3 and 4! They had a wonderful mix of rockin battle themes and just plain jazzy awesomeness for the moments in between. Good stuff.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
LordCuthberton said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
LordCuthberton said:
Always GUNSTAR HEROES.
Do you have the Xbox Live version? We should play co-op sometimes!
[HEADING=1]IT'S A DATE[/HEADING]

Shall we do it on hard for shits and giggles?
Only if we use Fixed Shot and Flamethrower and stand and face the infinite horde!

Civint

Apr 23, 2010
Gigaguy64 said:
Metroid Prime.

This game has some of the most amazing music iv ever heard.
this sounds too much like early kraftwerk to be of any musical value, imo. But thats just, like, my opinion, man.

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
DoW, Witcher, Atlantica Online, Dungeon Fighter, Crysis, Bionic Commando, NercoVision are at the top of my head.

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
I've always loved Morrowind's music. It Overwhelmed me when I first heard it and I don't think I've had the same exactly feeling since.

LOL 666 posts

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
LordCuthberton said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Only if we use Fixed Shot and Flamethrower and stand and face the infinite horde!
You sir are crazy. How on earth do you expect us to fight Orange or Final Stage Green?
Wing it!

Or use Flamethrower + Homing and steer the flame around the body for massive damage.

Doom moose

Apr 14, 2010
i liked the retro charm of fallouts music it is such a wounderful juxtaposition to the dessolate wasteland cant wait for fallout 4 hopfuly more classic music

Ravariel

Mar 13, 2010
Valkyrie Profile. Specifically, Valhalla:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUEx5lUlStE

Close second goes to Xenogears/Xenosaga and basically anything Yasunori Mitsuda has done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKzqEPgPD60&feature=related

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Civint said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Metroid Prime.

This game has some of the most amazing music iv ever heard.
this sounds too much like early kraftwerk to be of any musical value, imo. But thats just, like, my opinion, man.
Iv never heard of kraftwerk but after a quick trip to Wiki....ehh.

Its a Spacey game so its supposed to sound futuristic.
Though those were just a few examples.

jez29

Nov 18, 2009
SO many to choose from...there's so many bits and pieces from loads of different games that I love, like The Sands of Time, Diablo, Morrowind, Baldur's Gate, but the soundtrack for Knights of the Old Republic 2 is consistently brilliant. KOTOR 1 is great as well, but having a live orchestra for the sequel makes it incredible. The battle music is really lively and varied enough for the different environments, but its the quieter moments that are just so good. The creepy music for Darth Sion, Korriban and the ghost-ship 'Harbinger' are so atmospheric, and 'The Jedi' is perhaps the best of the all, so wistful and melancholy. Its pitch-perfect for the sadness and introspection of the whole story.

In case you haven't guessed, I'm obsessed with soundtracks.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
There's a lot of great soundtracks:
Final Fantasy X is may favourite soundtrack with a mixture of beautifully heartbreaking tunes, great battle themes and fantastic charecter themes. Lovely.
Final Fantasy III DS has some wonderful tracks as well, especially one particular favourite of mine called 'The Boundless Ocean', truely gorgeious.
Rome: total war has some great tracks as well, very fitting of the game.

Oh, I do agree this this as well, the Ocarina of Time bit I mean:
TheNamlessGuy said:
Let's see..
I'm going with either ACII or Ocarina of Time.

ACII because of the nicely laid in electric guitars, and OoT for... well, Gerudo Valley.
But all the posts above me are testiment for sure that there are so many brilliant game soundtacks.