What games ARE worth the money you paid for them?

DarkNazgul

Sep 29, 2009
Starcraft
Starcraft II
Dragon Age
Dragon Age Awakening
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Halo 1,2,3,odst,reach
MW
MW 2

Honestly this list is all you'll ever need

buddee1

Jan 11, 2009
boholikeu said:
Portal, even if you buy it at the $20 price point (IE separately from the Orange Box).

Oh yeah, I went there.
Dude I would pay ANY price for the glory that is portal.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Gundam Crossfire, Twas worth $7.
Mount&Blade and M&B Warband were well worth their price, and Rome:Total War was worth the $20 I paid.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
MGS4, Dragon Age, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls (if I were the one to have bought it, I could easily tell it would have been worth it), a lot of my handheld games, most JRPGs (even FFXII&XIII hit the amount of playtime that I'd say justified their price), Mass Effect 1&2, Prototype (if only for how ridiculously over the top it was. The same could also be said of Bayonetta, which was basically action taken up past 11), Red Dead Redemption (bought half the game. Brother bought other half. I'd have said the same thing even if he hadn't, as it was that good), Batman: AA, Metal Gear Trilogy, Blazblue (worth it to have a fighting game I could finally respect), oh, and of course SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
First ones that come to mind are GMod and Minecraft.

Also any Source game because of modability.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Well, I'll be the lame duck here and say Modern Warfare 2.

It's an infuriating piece of shit sometimes which has no reason for including half the bullshit, but I still play it to this day. Now was it worth the extra 30 bucks I put into it?

Probably not.

That and Oblivion.

Meilow

Dec 5, 2009
I don't hate Halo, but I never got into the series, so I couldn't imagine spending the money on something that I've never really been a fan of.

Saying that, Dead Rising 2, and Metro 2033, are probably the best two games I've picked up this year.
Red Dead Redemption I was anticipating all year, but I only really played it as long as I did for the achievements, which shouldn't and isn't a strong selling point for any game. So far I've been highly disappointed by the games released this year, with few games peaking my interest.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Fallout 3 GOTY was worth it for me, I spent 60 bucks, but go all the experience from it that I hoped I would.

Good multiplayer experiences are good to myself, since while a game shouldn't stand up on multiplayer, it should at least have the decency to give me something to do after I've been the game and I want more

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Jellly said:
Fallout 3 is the one that comes to mind. Paid $100 for it (Australian that is, although i believe american is equal to aussie atm).
45 Euros for 400 hours blissful entertainment...

Yeah, I think I got my money's worth from Fallout 3 too.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
Well, I'll be the lame duck here and say Modern Warfare 2.
As angry as it makes me, yeah I got a lot of hours from that game.

It was worth the price for the private throwing knife only lobbies alone :)

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Mass Effect 1 and 2 were very much worth the money I paid for them. Fallout 3, Halo: Reach (I love the subtle multiplayer improvements) and going back in time, Megaman X.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
What immediately comes to mind:

Fallout 3 + DLC. Some of the best DLC I've ever owned.
Rock Band and Rock Band 2. When you consider how much DLC I've bought, that's saying something.
Red Dead Redemption.
Saints Row, but especially Saints Row 2. So so so so good.

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
Vindictus. Great Devil May Cry style game play and good graphics. Best of all, since it's one of those free* Korean MMO's, I haven't paid anything for it. bwa ha ha ha ha

*There is no such thing as a free mmo. the game is brand new and they simply haven't started coming up with sneaky ways to get into my wallet.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Dragon Age Origins - $60 - Yep

Mass Effect 1/2 - $120 - Yep

KotOR 1/2 - Roughly $40 - Yep. KotOR 2 has it's bad bugs, but modding/patching it tends to help that.

Rainbow Six Vegas 1/2 - $120 - Yep

Jade Empire - $20 - Yep, though it's worth more.

Assassins Creed 2 - $70 - Yep

CoD 4: Modern Warfare - $60 - Yep, the only Modern Warfare game (the series) I actually care for out of the two.

Halo Reach - $60 - Yep.

Halo 3 - $60 - Yep.

Final Fantasy XIII - $60 - Yep, I actually like it. Deal with it!

..For starters, at least. Literally every RPG Bioware has made, I have loved.

CrustyOatmeal

Jul 4, 2010
bioshock
CoD4
halo reach
dragon age: origins
sacrifice (got it for $5)
starcraft 2
starcraft brood war
warcraft 3
diablo 2
mass effect 1 (but not 2)
fallout 3
oblivion
batman arkam asylum
heroes of might and magic 2
god of war 1 (only)
metal gear solid 3 & 4

feeback06

Sep 14, 2010
I'd say both Left 4 Dead's since I got them used.
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Marvel vs Capcom 2- $20 (Dreamcast)
and I think I bought Mega Man 2 from a yard sale for a buck one time lol.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
Enjoyment and story? Red Dead Redemption, Oblivion, pure value for money (in terms of time spent playing vs' cost of the game), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
EDIT: FO3 can go into both there.