What games ARE worth the money you paid for them?

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Mass Effect 1 for sure. I played through that game 5 times I believe. Also, Splinter Cell Conviction. That games gave me hours of entertainment alone and with my buddy. I still play it fairly regularly to. COD 4 is another. Way too many hours wasted with my friends in search and destroy :D

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Hmm seeing as I've bought them at least three times possibly more Morrowind, Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.

Tukadian

Sep 22, 2010
Dragon Age Origins - Crazy amount of game time for me
Fallout 3 - My ex's brother described this as a game not meant to be beaten
Borderlands - Just plain fun
Call of Duty MWF 2 - I must begrudgingly admit, multiplayer is smooth and fun, 12 yr old asians kicking my ass isn't so much, but the game is overall.
Civilization Revolution - The ability to play a game of civilization in under 4 hours is huuuge!
Wii Fit - Drunken fun, and occasionally a fitness tool.

Edit - Forgot to add Pokemon. Yes I realize I am in my mid-20's, and that pokemon is kind of (really) childish, and the associated merch is outstandingly aggravating, but the desire to catch and evolve every pokemon across the game systems is crazy. I think I logged over 100 hrs on my first playthrough of red back in the day. Now when I go to the field on exercise, in my downtime I slog through an hour or two of Pokemon Diamond. Crazy good timesink, portable, with the ability to quicksave at any time, for like 40-60$. The games themselves are totally worth the money.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
rabidmidget said:
Orange box, SO MUCH VALUE!
This was the first thing to come to my head, one of the very few I would've actually forked out $100 for.

There are so many games I could mention so I'm just gonna say my favourites.

C&C Generals Zero Hour
Counter-Strike
Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction
Lineage 2 (Chronicles 1 to 4)
Link to the Past
Metroid Prime
Mischief Makers
Ocarina of Time
Pokemon Red & Silver
Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge
Starcraft Broodwar
Super Metroid
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Total Annihilation Core Contingency
Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
Red Dead Redemption
Modern Warfare 2
Dead Rising 2- haven't finished it yet but it may make my extremely exclusive Replay Club
MGS4
The Beatles: Rock Band- so many great songs, so many hours played
Fallout 3- only game that I've ever put 125 hours into one playthrough for
Uncharted 2- is alone in my Threeplay Club since I've gone 7th gen
Starwars Battlefront 2- so addictive; I wish games still launched at $50
Assassin's Creed II
Just Cause 2
Portal- I got it for free

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Nostalgia Ripoff said:
Just Cause 2 is definitely worth the price. I still play the ever loving crap out of that game.
Second. I regret not getting the limited edition of that game, 'cause half the DLC was in it.

Fallout 3, Game Of The Year edition. Spent well over a hundred hours on that game, just on one save.

Marble Dragon

Mar 11, 2009
Psychonauts was worth every penny, as well as HL2 and its episodes. Portal was worth the money as well.

A Reckless Disregard for Gravity is worth more than I paid for it. Ten bucks for a big ol' can of rebellious fun.

Just a few, there are more.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Have around 4k hours clocked in Guild Wars, and I'd guess around another 2k in Team Fortress 2. Both great games for the money at the time of their release, and even better bargains now.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Of the ones I can think of

Rise of Nations
Rise of Legends
Star Wars: Empire at War
Company of Heroes
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
Dead Space
Dragon Age: Origins

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them right now.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Gears of War (1 & 2), Bioshock, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, Specific Guitar Hero's/Rock bands, TES IV Oblivion, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy's, Orange Box, Boarderlands.

There are obviously lots more, this is just a few.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Red Dead Redemption definitely. I'll be playing that game for years and years and years. I like the character John Marston so much that I can't even stand looking at the main art they are using for the zombie DLC. Seems disrespectful. I'll be sitting that content out, but the game is up there with Mass Effect 2 for my game of the past many years.

So with that, Mass Effect 2 is obviously on my list. I love the first game too and it's definitely been worth the money, but replaying it isn't quite as fun as is ME2

Any Zelda game that wasn't made for the DS. Nintendo-developed games in general are worth the money for me.

Aaand Oblivion. There's just so much to do in the game. And Knights of the Old Republic...

Banjo-Kazooie. Every game in that series. I love platformers, so any of the notable ones make this list (Psychonauts, Mario 64 and Galaxy, and Donkey Kong 64: my favorite platformer ever). It's sad that these types of games aren't made so much any more.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Halo 1-3 and Reach, Mass Effect 2, The Orange Box (obviously), Battlefield BFBC 1-2, CoD 4-5, etc.

there are a lot of games i think are 10$ or so too pricey, and some i totally wasted my money on... like Wolfenstein and Bionic Commando.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
Oblivion
Fallout 3
KOTOR
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Bioshock
Far Cry 2
Prince of Persia (2008)

Most actually, as if I don't think a game is worth what it's going for, I don't buy it.