What games in the first quarter of 2012 do you plan to get?

Jingle Fett

Sep 13, 2011
jackpackage200 said:
Jingle Fett said:
Wow what a crappy 1st quarter :S The only ones I'm even remotely interested in are SSX and Mass Effect 3, and even then I'm not particularly enthusiastic about them, don't really plan on getting them. SSX is going down the Call of Duty route and I haven't even beaten ME2 so...
call of duty route? The hell? Can you explain how SSX has any relevance to call of duty?
Oh, I was talking about this trailer here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhkDL6gWUa8
Looks like Call of Duty on snowboards. Dark and gritty and realistic and all that. Mind you I haven't been following the game much so I don't know if it's changed since then...If it has been changed then it's a lot better, but when I saw this trailer for the first time, it sort of killed most of my interest.

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
ecoho said:
Raognerrrm said:
ecoho said:
Raognerrrm said:
Definitely Mass Effect 3, and I would get Syndicate but it's been banned :(
I'll probably get FFXIII-2 after I finish FFXIII. Whenever that will be.
cant you just order it?
OT: ME3CE is all i want:)
Nope. $110,000 fine if caught importing. I'm not willing to risk that kind of money to possibly play a game, no matter how good it may be.
....are you fucking serious? if so im sorry but thats just bullshit i sugest moving to New Zeland or somewere because if you govrnment is that stupid I fear for your safty.
Very serious, unfortunately.
[link]http://stevivor.com/2011/12/syndicate-will-not-be-released-in-australia-after-being-classed-rc-aussies-face-fines-of-up-to-a110000-if-caught-importing/[/link]

Makes me sad. Hopefully the controversy will make it sell better and developers notice that. I'd really like there to be more games with more realistic violence. Could make for some very interesting titles that I'll be able to play when the government implements the R18 rating :D

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Maybe Asura's Wrath and maybe Dragon's Dogma. But I'll probably get both of them later on in the year.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
There's a slim chance that I'll grab Mass Effect and Max Payne 3. There's a not-so-slim-though-still-quite-slim-chance that I'll grab The Darkness 2. If Kid Icarus decides to show up I'll pick that up...well, it's about the same chance as Darkness 2 really, if not a step down.

I'm being indecisive because there are games from 2011 (as in, the whole year) that I still haven't played/ bought yet. My 3DS has one physical game and it doesn't feature Mario. One of the only games I have on the 360 from 2011 is Dragon Age 2 (made up for by Saint's Row 3 and Skyrim) but I'm still missing Crysis 2, Rage, Samurai Warriors 3DS, etc.

Also hesitant about ME3 and MP3 because I don't know what mandatory, day-one DLC I'll be required to get in order to have the 85% of the game Rockstar and, EA will allow me to have. More worried about ME3 but you never know with Rockstar.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Due to my fanboyness, I've preordered the Collectors Edition of Mass Effect 3. Nothing else though.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Guild wars 2.

They started closed beta just before Christmas so surely it will be out soon? right? RIGHT? *twitch*

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
SoulCalibur V and Azura's Wrath so far. I haven't looked into the other games much.

I'm interested in Max Payne 3 and Downpour, but I'm not sure about them.

k3v1n

Sep 7, 2008
I'm planning on getting:

- Darkness 2
- Hitman: Abolution
- Metro: Last Light
- Bioshock: Infinite

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Silent Hill HD Collection
Soul Calibur 5
Jak and Daxter Collection
SSX
Silent Hill: Downpour
Street Fighter X Tekken
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Ninja Gaiden III
Twisted Metal

Shavon513

Apr 5, 2010
Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City. Yes, that already came out, but I have not had time to get to it yet. Blaming Skyrim for that one.

liveslowdiefast

Jan 17, 2010
Max payne 3 seems to be the only one i have any interest in, I have faith it'll be worth it just so i can shout "BALDY BALDY OVER THERE, WHATS IT LIKE TO HAVE NO HAIR!" at the tv repeatedly, until Rockstar apolgises for trying to change something that has no impact to the game!! but in all seriousness i'm looking forward to it.

demotion1

Mar 22, 2011
Definately: Mass Effect 3, Crusader Kings 2 -> my most anticipated game of 2012

Maybe: King Arthur 2, Magna Mundi, Kingdoms of Amalur

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
The Final Fantasy game (I hated FFX XIII, but I collect all of the games, and will purchase this one to put with my collection).
I MIGHT buy the new Resident Evil game, but I'm waiting to read reviews and perhaps demo it. As it is, I expect to be fully engrossed with ToR for a while, so I don't think I'll invest much time and/or money in any games (other than Skyrim) for the forseeable future.

Nalbis

Oct 6, 2008
Mass Effect 3, The Silent Hill HD Collection and Downpour. Maybe a few others but not 100%