what games made you get teary eyes

Silvianoshei

May 26, 2011
1. HANAKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. When I was playing FF VII for the first time and Aerith died. I was 7, cut me some slack.

3. The end of bastion.

4. HANAAAAAKKKKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Goofguy said:
I can't say I ever really get teary eyed over a game but ME3 did come about as close as you could get. All crappy ending discussions aside, there were some emotional moments like:

- Mordin's sacrifice for the genophage cure
- Thane's death and his prayer for Shepard
- Grunt's near death before he came crawling out, covered in blood
- Legion's sacrifice for the Geth
ah yeah, i remember all of those. my favorite was

mordin on tuchanka. especially since i was legitimately conflicted over whether to cure the genophage or not, and so didnt tell anyone until mordin found out in the tower. and when you try to stop him and he shouts "I MADE A MISTAKE", i didn't tear up, but just everything about that scene

pure gold

Nim

Apr 5, 2012
Sadly, none so far. However! In Saint's Row 2:

The death of Carlos, for a game with such a goofy surface, this one really strong scene was like a punch in the face. I love it.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Jerry Pendleton said:
I am the very model of a scientist. . .BOOM!

Does this unit have a soul?
ah yes, rannoch. just, oh my god rannoch. my personal favorite section.

oh, and one other i forgot to mention. i too was moved by the bastion ending. especially that one last jackhole who shoots you after everyone else stops, and is immediately killed. just fantastic. all of it

edit:

oh, speaking of saints row (in the comment above this one)

while the end of saints row 3 didn't make me teary eyed/cry, it really was a bit moving. letting your final enemy go, the man who has committed some SERIOUS atrocities against you and in general, in order to save your friends (and in my case, every single ninja on the monument. no man left behind). it was a nice scene.....

after i stopped pissing myself laughing. because how could you not? the music, oh so perfect, the cartoonish physics making the rush to the statue just funny as hell, and to top it all off, i was in a hot pink street cleaner modified to look like a zombie survival vehicle. and it had nitro. couldn't fit it under a bridge though (in my attempt to jump it with said nitro).

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Azure-Supernova said:
Metal Gear always seems to hit home on this for me.
Same. Most memorably for me, the first game.

This fucking part.

Gray Fox was a truly tragic figure. And this entire sequence, from the dialogue before his attack on REX to him being pinned against the wall, was all sad to behold. But the part that made my eyes start tearing up....

You know, people gas on about Kojima using cutscenes to puke story all over your face. Something I can understand. But in that part up there, for one brief moment, you are taken out of the cutscene - and put in control of Snake again while he watches through the scope of the Stinger missle.

It's the last time you'll hear Gray Fox talk, you have a chance to shoot Liquid with a missle and end the encounter right there. But you can't. You can aim right at Liquid, and lock the missle onto him, but Snake refuses to pull the trigger. In Snake's own words "No! I can't do it!!! Knowing Gray Fox was about to die, hearing him give the last speech I'll ever hear from him, and hearing the pain in Snake's voice at being unable to make that shot even though you are commanding him to was heart wrenching. And he ultimately died a horrible, and gruesome death. This is the first time a game ever made me feel such emotions.

Alternatively, was this part.

I seriously hated Sniper Wolf for what she did to Meryl. I was eager to plug her full of bulletholes in return for that. Yet, by the time the fight was over and I listened to her last words. I kinda pitied her. I guess I never thought that a 'boss' character would turn out to be much more human than I realized. It was too bad she had to be your enemy instead of your ally. This scene made me think a lot about what was going on in MGS, and it was incredibly sad as well.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is the only game to do it to me so far:
Some of the story was just a bit too relatable for me...

wakeup

Aug 26, 2012
RADIALTHRONE1 said:
That one scene from GoW3
and moments in Kingdom Hearts 1+2
if your talking about gears of war 3 the game that has the most generic plot and characters, no just no. i know the scene your talking about
, epic cheated and used the oldest trick in the book; make everything go into slow motion and play some soppy music over the top. it wasn't sad because it was well written or anything like that]

RADIALTHRONE1

Feb 6, 2011
wakeup said:
RADIALTHRONE1 said:
That one scene from GoW3
and moments in Kingdom Hearts 1+2
if your talking about gears of war 3 the game that has the most generic plot and characters, no just no. i know the scene your talking about
, epic cheated and used the oldest trick in the book; make everything go into slow motion and play some soppy music over the top. it wasn't sad because it was well written or anything like that]
Yes i am talking about Gears of War 3, and yeah i guess some of the plot/characters are kinda generic at some points.
I also agree that they used the oldest trick in the book, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they cheated. It's the oldest trick for a reason.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
The end to the Human Noble Origin Story in Dragon Age Origins.

"My place is by your father, in this life and beyond."

"We've had a good life, and done all we can. Now it's up to our children."

Me: *SOB!*

Nothing else in that game affected me half as much as that scene did.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Aeris' death was spoiled for me by classmates, so I wasn't all that shocked when it happened. What I did have a hard time coping with was Biggs, Wedge and Jessie. My first reaction was somewhat akin to Barret's, after which I convinced myself that they were alive, and that we would meet again someplace, sometime.

We didn't.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
I'm going to go with something a bit more obscure and say the ending to Unreal 2. It just comes out of nowhere and slaps you in the face. (not in a bad way!)

Also I'm going to say Xenosaga 3. That poor ice cream vendor!

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
As much as I like to rant at ME3, it did make me teary eyed when:

Mordin and Thane died.
I replayed ME2 many times and have known those characters for a long time, on top of that Thane was also my FemShep's love interest.

Sande45

Mar 28, 2011
I don't remember crying (or shedding a single tear) because of video games. It might have something to do with the type of games I play and the mind set I am in when gaming.

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
Games dont make me get teary eyed...

... They make me cry like a damn baby.

Metal Gear Solids 3's ending keeps coming to mind especially though. Seen it 3 times, and I have bawled like a baby every time.

Actually the Metal Gear series in general makes me cry alot.

unreal51

Nov 13, 2011
Katawa Shoujo at the end of nearly every path and when I finished the game simply because it was over.