What has the last game you played taught you?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
That in 1897, President Khan used the nuclear bomb to destroy the Russian city of New York in the war of Montazooma's bribery.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
That I actually prefer FPS controls on my Xbox. Just uninstalled HL2 on my laptop because I have an xbox for that. Man, that sounds weird.

In a "moral of the story" kind of way, Half Life 2 doesn't really have a message apart from you shouldn't be complacent in the face of being oppressed or abused. Unfortunately, Gordon has to solve the problem with a crowbar to the face, rather than the Ghandi method, but hey, a Ghandi revolution wouldn't make for much of a game.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
If you are outside of a town there is a couger and 3 wolf packs behind you. And if you are in the woods there is a bear behind every tree. Damn you RDR damn you.

Captainguy42

Is trapped in a title factory.
May 20, 2009
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts: Moderation is a good thing. Just because you're making a vehicle for racing, doesn't mean you should make it as fast as possible, maneuverability is what wins race. And just because you're getting into a fight, you don't need to use every gun you own, your ammo will run dry quick.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Oddly enough, I'm learning that a game doesn't necessarily have to be complicated for me to enjoy it. I really like a varied and intricate level of customization as far as things I control and/or own in a game, but I want combat to be fast and satisfying, rather than having to take turns and dig through a spell book with dozens of spells to find the perfect one for the situation.

Rather than difficulty, I think I like variety and creativity to keep me flowing along without getting bored. To give an example, I'd rather kill a guy then find different ways to deal with the situation, like sneaking, chatting, using a remote controlled robot, hacking something or just killing him a totally different way as opposed to dying fairly often... difficulty sounds silly sometimes.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Assassins Creed Brotherhood: spoiler, don't get too attached to story characters you never cared about to begin with.

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
Mount And Blade.

Despite what a badass you think you are... Don't Fight another army after fending off two... It just doesn't work...

Ein987

Jan 15, 2011
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Someone bumps you then walks away? You've been poisoned. And, it's always the Doctor with the gun. Always.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Fallout Tactics has taught me a few things.
1. Save frequently, when it's likely that you'll fuck up easily you best be prepared.
2. Have food handy. When a single mission can last for up to four hours you may want to keep a sandwhich nearby.
3. Military generals have questionable loyalties.
4. No matter how irritating the game gets, the sound of Ron Pearlman's narration is always nice to hear as it tells you that you are making progress.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Brahdewski said:
Super Meat Boy

Don't play this game if you want to calm down.
Pssshhhh, I'm tired of people saying Super Meat Boy is hard. It's fuckin' piss-easy next to Jumper.

OT: Crash Bandicoot: N-Tranced taught me never to sell your franchise. HOLD IT TIGHT AND NEVER LET GO

CATS FTW

Mar 21, 2010
ziggy161 said:
The last game I played was Shadow of the Colossus, and it taught me that no game will ever be this awesome ever again ;_;
Or will it? ELDER SCROLLS FIVE DRAGONS!