What have you purchased recently?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If it makes you feel better, I'd like a pizza next week or somesuch. From an actual pizzeria tho, not some chain Pizza Hut or Domino's garbage. Or maybe a doner kebab.
Where you live at again? I'd recommend a Pizzapopalis if it's in your area.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Where you live at again? I'd recommend a Pizzapopalis if it's in your area.
Belgium. And no we don't got that. As far as I can tell, not a one on the entire continent.

Chain restaurants don't tend to do well around here, outside of a handful exceptions. We got lots of mom n pop pizzerias tho.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Belgium. And no we don't got that. Chain restaurants don't tend to do well around here, outside of a handful exceptions. We got lots of mom n pop pizzerias tho.
Welp, stick with what you got. If they're high quality, then in you're already in great hands.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Bought these and my life is objectively better. Just the right combination of salt, heat, sweet, and tang. (<-- trying out the Oxford comma there, and it feels horrendous.) I could eat a whole bag of these, but the aftermath would probably land me in the hospital. Abso-fucking-lutely delicious. Get you some.

1628872717436.png

Reactions: gorfias

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The other 2 Borderlands 3 figures that my GF was missing.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
A Squier Classic Vibe Jaguar, which is an electric guitar.
It's been a bit of a palaver, the first one I got sent had a grounding problem and I had to send it back and then the second one had a busted tuner I had to take to the shop to get fixed, but having now finally got one in good working order I'm very happy with it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sushi from Kroger's. The Snow Fox brand is freaking excellent! The sushi goes even better when listening to this:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Sushi from Kroger's.
Dropping the possessive on a grocery store? I'm not alone; must be a midwestern thing. I never noticed it until my girlfriend made fun of me for it a few years back, e.g.: "Oh, you're going to Walmart's?" I was conscious of it for a while and stopped, then my mom and dad visited, and my mom in particular started talking about wanting to go to Kroger's and Walmart's, and I fell right back into the habit with her.

So yeah, I'll have to try Kroger's sushi.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dropping the possessive on a grocery store? I'm not alone; must be a midwestern thing. I never noticed it until my girlfriend made fun of me for it a few years back, e.g.: "Oh, you're going to Walmart's?" I was conscious of it for a while and stopped, then my mom and dad visited, and my mom in particular started talking about wanting to go to Kroger's and Walmart's, and I fell right back into the habit with her.

So yeah, I'll have to try Kroger's sushi.
It makes sense. The store itself is called Kroger. If I just left an s or put the apostrophe after the s, that would imply I went to more than one. And yes, I highly recommend the sushi. Really good. Goes great with soy sauce and chili sauce.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It makes sense. The store itself is called Kroger. If I just left an s or put the apostrophe after the s, that would imply I went to more than one. And yes, I highly recommend the sushi. Really good. Goes great with soy sauce and chili sauce.
It's amazing how much useless information is on the internet. At least now I know there might be some reason behind our random, dangling "s" quirk.

Also, back in the '80s and '90s, Kroger(s) had a commercial campaign about "let's go Kroger-ing" that I didn't learn until much later in life wasn't "let's go Krogerine." For the longest I though "Krogerine" was the store's full, proper name despite never actually having seen that word anywhere ever; my mind made it up and ran with it until I was a teenager.

And my cousin got his first job at "K. Rogers." I asked what it was, and apparently it's a flippant nickname for... Kroger. Funny how we just float through life not questioning stuff sometimes. Just glad I'm not the type to confidently advertise my ignorance... I think. Mostly.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
90 dollars to replace the entire frame of my prescription bicycle googles, just because the temple broke off. It came off like sugar because I seldom wiped my sweat off the plastic and always left it by the window. The temple isn't connected in a way that you just remove the screw and take it off, like with normal glasses.

My last nice purchase was the complete Rose of Versailles (1979) anime on Blu-ray and the manga My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness, my first Rightstuf order. Will be my third time watching Rose of Versailles since 2010. I remember seeing some of it on German TV when I was very young, though. I think it was all about 75 dollars together, but I can't remember for sure.

Took a while to rip all the discs and split the files. It's one of those shows that annoyingly has one super long video on each disc instead of ten separate episodes.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I bought myself a new screen for my desktop setup.

I currently have a 4k 60Hz 32" main screen, and a 1080p 120Hz 32" second screen, but this current setup stemmed from a string of poor decisions that I now regret.

Now im selling one of them, and I bought a 1440p 144Hz 27" GSync screen to be my primary monitor

Im pretty excited for it to arrive

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I went to Disc Replay and traded in a few games, DVDs, and TV Box sets. I used the store credit to pick up Shinobi (PS2), Nightshade (PS2), and The Princess and The Frog (Blu Ray). Worth the trade.

Reactions: thebobmaster

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
My most recent purchase:

PXL_20210917_011423022.jpg

Heard it might turn me around on my opinion on Mark Millar.

Reactions: gorfias

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I went to Disc Replay and traded in a few games, DVDs, and TV Box sets. I used the store credit to pick up Shinobi (PS2), Nightshade (PS2), and The Princess and The Frog (Blu Ray). Worth the trade.
I remember Nightshade. Very striking heroine, that one.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
So I decided to splurge on something that I can't justify as I have a perfectly good working wrist watch. But I have always liked the look of Holzkern watches, I've been resisting for years, until today I decided to have a look at the site and found one I really liked. So I bought it.