What have you purchased recently?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Got myself a BenQ EX3501R 35" ultrawide monitor. Thing's pretty lovely! It has a bit more ghosting than I'd like for a VA panel, but it's rare that I'm doing things or watching stuff that makes that a *big* deal (I've tried all the settings that affect ghosting, I think it's simply not something I can fix). The ultrawide aspect ratio is niiiiiiiiice. I dropped from a 4 monitor setup to 2 for the sake of my neck, the outer screens were too far apart to be comfortable and I had no way of my adjusting them to be closer than they were. Having everything on 1 screen works great, barely have to move my head to see all my programs now

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Had to get my phone's touchscreen fixed for a hefty fee (don't keep your phone in a bag with a broken water bottle kids), and wow they did a terrible job. Just glue EVERYWHERE. Sigh.

Reactions: gorfias

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Figures they dropped $100 in price a week later but oh well. I still have to dial them in more but sound pretty good with no tweaking and are a bit more comfortable than the MDR-7506's I usually use.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
One of Ireland's biggest independent bookstore is going out of business. Been shopping there since I was a kid. Honestly made me very emotional that it's gonna be gone. So I bought a whole bunch of books there. Including Annihilation and it's sequel, some Kerouac and Burroughs.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I had to buy a new lock for my front door. It jammed and caused me to get locked out. Emergency locksmith service plus the cost of the lock was $330. The funny thing is that it had been sticking for like a year, but because it was still mostly working I just let it go to deal with later. If I had fixed it sooner it would have been much cheaper. I can't even be mad, these were the consequences of my own poor decisions.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I had to buy a new lock for my front door. It jammed and caused me to get locked out. Emergency locksmith service plus the cost of the lock was $330. The funny thing is that it had been sticking for like a year, but because it was still mostly working I just let it go to deal with later. If I had fixed it sooner it would have been much cheaper. I can't even be mad, these were the consequences of my own poor decisions.
Earlier this year, I broke our 65" TV, so replaced it with a new one. My gf has been planning like a maniac for my family's Thanksgiving visit to the point it's been very annoying. It's all she wants to talk about, and she keeps doing shit in advance like we still don't have damn near three weeks, and my family doesn't need anything. Well, a couple days ago, we were sitting on our patio and she mentioned me helping her move the new TV so she could dust behind it. I begrudgingly agreed not realizing she meant "now." She got up and went inside for what I thought was the restroom or getting more water; what I heard was her screaming "god damnit." I go inside to find our new TV, face down on the floor and her sitting the media center crying. I swear, as much as I love my family, I can't wait for their visit to be over.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
The Complete Films of Agnes Varda (Criterion)

Opened it on Friday and it was already torn at the spine the same day. Give me cheap plastic over digibooks any day.

Sadly, it's becoming more and more normal for Criterion. They are selling Citizen Kane on 4K with an MSRP of 60 dollars and can't even put it in a four disc Scanavo case.

It's colorless and has no Blu-ray logo, matching the aesthetic of Criterion's single disc plastic releases. It's gonna be a pain to get the discs out of those paper sleeves.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sadly, it's becoming more and more normal for Criterion. They are selling Citizen Kane on 4K with an MSRP of 60 dollars and can't even put it in a four disc Scanavo case.
Aren't these people known for making special looking cases for movies? When did they decide to get lazy?

Some burgers from Savy Sliders. They messed up my order and gave 4 burgers instead of my combo meal. They fixed the mistake and they let me keep the 4 other burgers. I got spare lunch for tomorrow.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Aren't these people known for making special looking cases for movies? When did they decide to get lazy?
They've been putting the bigger collections in digibooks with sleeves for a few years now. My first of them was the Bergman boxset from 2018. But that one is thicker and tougher at the spine, because it includes thirty discs instead of Varda's fifteen.

With single disc Blu-ray releases, they have always used the Scanavo 14 mm, which is the nicest looking case in the business.

BR1-CRI-2.jpg

I believe all their two disc and up releases have always been digibooks, meaning cardboard. But at least those normally have trays, much better than this Citizen Kane travesty.

Any package that forces the user to slide the cardboard across the face of the disc is a stupidly designed package. 4K disc playback is also more sensitive to small scratches.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
My Limited Run Edition of Double Dragon Neon (Switch) I ordered during the summer, came in the mail today. I ordered a hoodie with Joe Musashi on the back. That comes in later this week.
I need pictures of that hoodie it sounds sick.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
The Spy Who Shot Me is only $1.09 on Steam today, so I got it. So, more on my pile of shame.

Also, another Escapist recommended The Shore. That was $6 today too.

lostinreality

May 20, 2021
Country
UK
Just purchased new dining chairs from this store. Still waiting for 'em to arrive!

After the abuse our current dining chairs had experienced from my nephews (very rowdy toddlers) and my cat, buying new ones seemed inevitable.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I went to Disc Replay and traded in some DVDs and a Blu Ray for other movies. I got Batman: Gotham Knight, Tangled, and Coraline all used for a cheap price on Blu Ray. Honestly, if you don't ever wanna pay full price for Disney films, buying used at a game/video store is the best place to go aside from Amazon.

I got the money mom gave me so I can order a new shaver for myself. That's part of the Christmas gift she is giving me.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
A humble bundle.