What have you purchased recently?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I ordered a couple books. 'SNES Pixel Book' and a guide to 'Japanese Role-Playing Games' from Bitmap books.

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/collections/all/products/the-snes-pixel-book

I've gotten a couple of their other books before, the Metal slug: an ultimate history and a Micromachines book. Both are very good quality but I was disappointed with the Micromachine one, however, the Metal Slug one is fantastic and I love it.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Well I spent $7000 on getting an organ harvested. And i only owe $600 left on the fancy purple guitar I bought in October. Once those debt's clear i'm good to buy more shit. I can't wait.

Reactions: gorfias

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Knives!
IMAG0208.jpg
And cheap lego-style marble runs. I'm obsessed. The smaller ones are lego compatible but the larger ones don't seem to fit anything other than itself, so I bought 8 kits. They're only 5bucks for a 98 piece box.
IMAG0209.jpg
IMAG0210.jpg

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Dropped by a local computer shop for some cables. Found something much more interesting instead.

Last of a handful cards they had. The beautiful part was the price tho: basically msrp. Ok, wasn't exactly cheap cuz of the Asus Rog tax, but still like half a grand cheaper than anything else I've looked at. White isn't my cup of tea and it's got lame Gundam branding on it (no really), but whatever, once installed I'll never have to see it again outside of maintenance. Thing is f'ing HUGE tho. Anyway, next gen+ starts tonight, baby! I wonder how much I could still get for my old card?
Got the cables tho. I mean, not gonna waste time and gas driving to the shop again. That's just dumb.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Didn't purchase it, but when we upgraded our internet plan we got three free "mesh" devices. They're basically range extenders for wifi, but supposedly a step up from existing range extenders.

Honestly, they seem pretty useless and they get really hot too. Signal is better sometimes, but the speed and reliability is not great. Mayhaps we're just doing it wrong, but it feels like another gimmick our ISP is shoveling.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I got two of them. A black wrecking bar, and a long yellow crowbar.
Yeah, but are they a 'fucking crowbar'? The distinction is very important.

OblongYellow

Alien ID: Oblong Yellow 47
Jun 23, 2021
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a Raider Waiter Tarot deck, a healing crystal, The Art of War, some large french fries and a cupcake :D

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Since my New PC is assembled, up and running....

-New PC Speakers, since my old ones are big, clunkly and I got them for free from my last job because otherwise they were gonna get tossed in the trash.
-An External DVD drive, because my new computer case doesn't have a slot for an optical drive and I still have lots of games on DVD/CD.
-Ace Combat 6 on XBOX 360, because I realize I do want to try that one out despite the stupid story cutscenes(Go DaNcE WiTh ThE AnGeLs!). Also I remembered my Wife's old 360 still works.

Sadly no new GPU yet but I've put my name on waitlists so hopefully I'm able to respond once one does become available.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Nice. how are those Ruike knives? I've been curious about them.

Btw, if I may make a recommendation, the Civivi Statera is a phenomenal pocket knife. I bought it a little less than 2 years ago (a gift to myself when I started a new job) and I couldn't be happier. One of the best looking and highest quality pocket knives I've ever seen for under $100. Actually rivals some $200+ knives I've used.

If you find one in the wild you should absolutely buy it.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Just got put into a strict lockdown with no chance of going out and limited income, so of course the first thing I order is clothes. Gonna look fresh sitting around the house alone.