What have you purchased recently?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I bought my gf a Borderlands figure of Amara.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The fan on my CPU cooler started making knocking/grinding sounds so I decided to replace it.

Didn't want to wait for 2-day amazon shipping for the noctua fan that I wanted so decided to go to microcenter.

They only had the brown noctua fans. Decided to buy an NZXT fan since I had them in my previous system and they worked great. Brought it home, it does not fit my CPU cooler mounting system.

Bought the noctua fan on amazon.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
My girlfriend bought herself a £300 electric scooter, to help her commute to the school she works at.

She ordered it yesterday from Amazon, and it is due to arrive by the end of the week.

Today, she went into school, and there was a staff meeting: Electric scooters are now banned from the campus. If staff see a student riding one, it needs to be reported.

Guess it wont look too good having a member of staff riding into school on an electric scooter, only to report little Timmy for doing the same.

Unfortunately, because the scooter was sold through Amazon via a third party, getting a refund is going to be a pain in the ass.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My girlfriend bought herself a £300 electric scooter, to help her commute to the school she works at.

She ordered it yesterday from Amazon, and it is due to arrive by the end of the week.

Today, she went into school, and there was a staff meeting: Electric scooters are now banned from the campus. If staff see a student riding one, it needs to be reported.

Guess it wont look too good having a member of staff riding into school on an electric scooter, only to report little Timmy for doing the same.

Unfortunately, because the scooter was sold through Amazon via a third party, getting a refund is going to be a pain in the ass.
I know when I had to return a DVD box set through a third party through amazon, the process was surprisingly easy. I know it took about a week and a half of my refund to occur so that was really surprising. Hopefully, the same happened to you and your girlfriend

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Zack Snyder's Justice League (Limited Steelbook Edition), Southland Tales (Limited Edition, including both theateical- and festival cut) and The Silver Case 2425 (Deluxe Edition)

It feels good having a job again.

IMG_20210713_174454.jpg

Reactions: BrawlMan

lostinreality

May 20, 2021
Country
UK
A clear case for my new phone, it's still hasn't arrived though. I prefer a clear case because this is the first time I bought a phone that had my favorite color in the options (green!) :love:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
About 18 coasters, 3 modes (casual, race and shooting) several companions that can ride with you for $13 on Oculus Quest 2 today.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
A couple vinyl records from fangamer.
Actraiser symphonic suite and Brütal Legend Vinyl Soundtrack: Ormagöden Edition (I got one of the last ones they had)

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Air nailer and air sprayer. ~100 fence boards. Related purchases.

You just have to blow into the end of an air nailer, right?

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
You just have to blow into the end of an air nailer, right?
Extremely hard, like, blow until your lungs collapse and you pass out, but it should get the job done alright. Just not too many nails in a row.

Reactions: Baffle

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
HBO Max subscription with a lifetime 50% off discount. Clocks at $1.50 plus tax. Very nice deal. Between this, Netflix and Amazon I think I'm good.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I recently bought a Playstation 5 and a really nice desk chair with a headrest and everything. It's been years since I had a decent splurge.

I also bought some donuts this morning cuz fuck it, I wanted some donuts.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Wait what, how does that work? I don't even know if we have HBO Max yet here, but $3 seems way too low for a subscription.
It's a Latin American promo. HBO Max was officially launched here a little over a month ago. On top of the 50% off for life, digital services in Argentina are ridiculously cheap to begin with, at least compared to the dollar equivalent.

Steam is even crazier. It's 170 pesos a dollar, yet a 15 dollar game is worth 280 pesos. Makes no sense.

Reactions: Bob_McMillan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
For my wife:
31.5” 2560x1440 monitor
Double monitor desk mount
VESA Laptop mount tray
New mouse

Basically I got sick of watching her try and do IT course work on her laptop that isn’t even 1080p. This will fix that. And in a week or so, she gets a new keyboard to go with it.

For the household:
Refurbished PS4 Pro. Basically to be used as a BluRay player and Plex head in the main room. Getting a remote too. I’ll move the ageing but venerable PS3 into the dining room. It still works but using in modern apps really does drive home that holy shit this thing has 256MB of RAM.

For my grandfather:
Chucked in with the whole family for him to get an iPad Pro so he can watch his model railway tutorials at his run. Or the premiere league. You know whatever he wants to watch.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
  • Hulk (2003) on DVD for my mom.
  • A new wallet and a pair of shoes.
  • A Red Camo Dual Shock 4. I got it on sale, so now I have 4 PS4 controllers.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
A bunch of these fly traps:

1627663039454.png

In North Texas, in the dead of summer where heat indexes regularly put us in the low triple digits, flies get BAD. We spend a lot of time outside on our patio and we've got no fewer than 2 fly swatters within arms reach at any given time, so I decided to try these. And they WORK. Dear GAWD, do they work. Right now, the one hanging on our eave has probably about a thousand of the little fuckers floating in it. The catch?

They smell like absolute, unholy death.

I swear to everything under Christendom, I've never smelled something this bad in my life. Imagine if a corpse that has been sitting in the sun for a week took a wet shit on a pile of burning garbage, and you kinda get the gist. We learned our lesson, and positioned it about 30 feet away, but every now and then, the perfect gust of wind shoots a sample of the aroma towards us and it ruins our life.

Just sayin', if you have a similar fly problem, I highly recommend these, but buyer beware; the smells that attract flies are proof that they are agents of the Devil himself sent directly from the septic tanks of hell.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
A bunch of these fly traps:

View attachment 4147

In North Texas, in the dead of summer where heat indexes regularly put us in the low triple digits, flies get BAD. We spend a lot of time outside on our patio and we've got no fewer than 2 fly swatters within arms reach at any given time, so I decided to try these. And they WORK. Dear GAWD, do they work. Right now, the one hanging on our eave has probably about a thousand of the little fuckers floating in it. The catch?

They smell like absolute, unholy death.

I swear to everything under Christendom, I've never smelled something this bad in my life. Imagine if a corpse that has been sitting in the sun for a week took a wet shit on a pile of burning garbage, and you kinda get the gist. We learned our lesson, and positioned it about 30 feet away, but every now and then, the perfect gust of wind shoots a sample of the aroma towards us and it ruins our life.

Just sayin', if you have a similar fly problem, I highly recommend these, but buyer beware; the smells that attract flies are proof that they are agents of the Devil himself sent directly from the septic tanks of hell.
Oh yes. Those things. I smelled one once by mistake. There are things that man was simply not meant to know.

Reactions: Xprimentyl