What have you purchased recently?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Ultimate Edition of a 7 year old game, "Titan Fall 2" on Steam for $3 on sale till February 2nd.

I'm thinking next month I'll get the $400 Steam Deck and avoid doing the Windows emulator and just, for the 1st year or 2, just using the Steam OS and be able to play this on the deck.

A new mouse is in my near future but this is out of my league.

1674589668324.png

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
A new mouse is in my near future but this is out of my league.
The wired version is cheaper, its a very good mouse.

Ultimate Edition of a 7 year old game, "Titan Fall 2" on Steam for $3 on sale till February 2nd.
I keep being tempted by that, but I really don't want to install origin. I wonder if there is a crack for it so I could get it and not need origin.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
The wired version is cheaper, its a very good mouse.

I keep being tempted by that, but I really don't want to install origin. I wonder if there is a crack for it so I could get it and not need origin.
Downloading now on Steam. Dunno if Origin is required or not, which is odd in that it is an EA title.

EDIT: That did not go well. Yes, the 1st thing it does when you go to play it is download Origin, which I already have but if you don't want that on your PC, it is a problem.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Yeah, it does require Origin, but there's ways around that. 3 bucks is a steal for a really solid campaign tho.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, it does require Origin, but there's ways around that. 3 bucks is a steal for a really solid campaign tho.
Yeah, I've watched a bit of it on a lets play when I thought it would never come to steam. I just really don't want origin on my machine, if there was a way around it then I would grab it.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 over-ears in my case. Build quality of the headphones is high, as in actual metal and real stitched leather, but the cable that comes with is this thin, cheap feeling pos with a 2.5" jack going into the cans that seemingly inevitably craps out and loses sound on the right side.
At the risk of stating the obvious, does the same thing happen if you buy a high quality cable?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
At the risk of stating the obvious, does the same thing happen if you buy a high quality cable?
Yeah, it does. Just takes longer. It's cuz of the 2.5" jack on one end. Too fragile. Wire breaks easily.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
An air fryer. My gf has denied my getting one citing that she doesn't want to clutter up our counterspace with more crap, but her sister's bf brought his over to make wings for the Rams v. 49ers football game Saturday, and she was sold on it immediately. Should arrive today; I've been watching the front window like a puppy awaiting his master to come home.
I get a lot of use out of mine; but it is just a small, plastic convection oven. My suggestions for air fryers, make sure they are the type that has a rotisserie function (it works a lot better than you might think) and has metal or glass interiors (the plastic becomes impossible to clean.)

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I get a lot of use out of mine; but it is just a small, plastic convection oven. My suggestions for air fryers, make sure they are the type that has a rotisserie function (it works a lot better than you might think) and has metal or glass interiors (the plastic becomes impossible to clean.)
Ours is a 15-quart, and yes, it does have a rotisserie function; haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it'll come up sooner rather than later.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I done it now.

1674678670218.png

I'll have to review, what does 39,900 steam points do for me?

I'd buy a doc but I've no idea where I'd put or need it.

I have some SD cards of varying speeds to try out. If I have to get something really new, I'll do so later. Hope to be able to put a couple of games on the 64 Gig this starts out with.

I see there are cards claiming 100 MB/s transfer speeds. I think I have some of those. But 300 appears to be a thing now: https://havecamerawilltravel.com/fastest-sd-cards/

I got a keyboard for my PC too. I hate the one I have.

1674678944771.png

EDIT: Ah. Steam Points can be used to buy warm fuzzies!

Example:
1674679446624.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Ours is a 15-quart, and yes, it does have a rotisserie function; haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it'll come up sooner rather than later.
Marinate a couple of trimmed turkey breasts, or a pork tenderloin... Get the heat and timing right, and remember to let them rest before you carve them... and it is perfection. Better in less than an hour than anyone could do on the most expensive pellet smoker with a whole day to spare.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
This was $60 rather than the extra $250 the 512 Gb Steamdeck costs over the 64 Gig model.

Depending upon how much I end up liking the Steamdeck, I may replace the onboard 64 Gig drive with a 1 Tb (maybe 2 Tb if supported).

1674744228607.png

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This was $60 rather than the extra $250 the 512 Gb Steamdeck costs over the 64 Gig model.

Depending upon how much I end up liking the Steamdeck, I may replace the onboard 64 Gig drive with a 1 Tb (maybe 2 Tb if supported).

View attachment 7800
I got the fancy model and don't use it much, but when I need portable gaming its awesome and I loves it.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
A bottle of Aviation gin. I bought it because the company that produces it is co-owned by Ryan Reynolds, and I'm that guy for whom "Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds" never gets old (come at me, bro.) And you know what? It really is a great gin. I'm no connoisseur of gins, but this one is really smooth and tasty. My gf never even liked gin at all, and even she has taken a liking to it.

For as small as the bottle is, it's pricey; a liter is $30, and a liter nets you maybe 5-6 gin and tonics (depending on your pour, obviously) which didn't feel worth paying bar prices at home. So for comparison, we bought a bigger bottle of another brand for the same price, and after the first sip, we both "nope'd," and went back to Aviation. It won't be my go-to drink, but will keep it stocked for the occasional "wild hare."

1674744487528.png

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I got the fancy model and don't use it much, but when I need portable gaming its awesome and I loves it.
I was convinced to get it based on 2 things:
1) So many reviewers online marveling over it, some calling it their favorite console;
2) When he asked about how to store his acoustic guitar, my boy was told, "however it makes it easiest to access and play it." I think I'll find it easier to grab and just play, wherever.
Jelly that you got the fancy model but I'm being frugal. Still saving for Q1 PC upgrade and monitor. Got 3 to 4 gift receiving holidays till then so who knows what I'll get! (Xmas I got a 1 TB SSD I have in use but will cannibalize on my next build).

I still have some older SD cards for less demanding games and I realized I have this stashed away:

1674749167352.png
I bought it for myself at work. Work upgraded my laptop AND got me their own hub so I thought this might go to waste. I'll try it on the Steamdeck, especially initially hooking keyboard and mouse to get it set up.

Dunno if you can call this a purchase as it was free but Steamlink. It is in Googleplay. Keep your PC with Steam on it running, attach a device (tablet/cellphone) to wireless your PC is on, link them and remote play. Not bad.

1674749397657.png

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Went for a Faber-Castell, encountered a blue Sheaffer Intensity. Twice as expensive but omg omg. ❤