What have you purchased recently?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
No Man's Sky for the VR of it.

I've had my eye on this for some time. It came out in 2016!!!! But I understand it is now unrecognizable from its OG launch with constant updates at no charge.

So, it's on sale now at Steam for only $23.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I got my physical version of Gungrave GORE, but for some reason, they gave me the European version and not the US version. How? I already contacted Amazon and will return tomorrow to my local UPS store.

Reactions: gorfias

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Apple AirPods Pro 2.
My old JBL earbuds have lost about half their battery life and their ANC is kinda crap, so I went to Costco to have a good return policy under me and wanted to see if these were worth their cost. While the jury is still out there, holy shit these are nice. They sound WAY better than my old pair (JBL 230NC TWS), the level of instrument separation and clarity is on a different level, and the ANC is especially great.

What's even more wild to me is that their ANC outperforms my over-ear JBL Tour One M2 headphones as well. I know that there's a degree of better noise cancellation between putting things over your ears and sticking noise blocking earbuds into them, but once the ANC goes on everything is a whisper on the AirPods where my M2 headphones still leak in a lot of sound... which is kind of tragic in a funny way because the whole point to me getting ANC headphones was to block out noise.

Now I need to work out if it's worth keeping these or get something a bit cheaper and hope it's half as good... Even on sale these were more than I'd like to spend on something that likely will only last a few years

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
A magsafe wallet for my phone.

I got tired of carrying my wallet in my back pocket, but my front pockets were already full (phone, car and house keys, pocket knife, wireless headphones, etc). I don't carry cash very often unless I'm on vacation and this thing holds 3 credit cards, my driver's license, and my insurance cards no problem. It's also kind of shocking how secure the magnet holds the wallet to the phone, and it also doubles as a phone stand.

I kind of thought I would hate it, but it's actually recommendable.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
$2 on Steam. I mostly want to try it with my VR Meta 3.
It's not officially VR but just playing on a big screen should be fun.

This guy is doing it on the $60 Ride 5.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I got my physical version of Gungrave GORE, but for some reason, they gave me the European version and not the US version. How? I already contacted Amazon and will return tomorrow to my local UPS store.
The exact same thing happened again earlier this week. I said fuck it, returned that copy, got my money back, and got the PS4 version used on Saturday. It has a free PS5 upgrade any way, but the main thing is I now have a physical copy again.

I bought an MP3 player, an Aux cord, and a Skull Candy blu-tooth ear set.

Reactions: gorfias

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
A Lego set, Great Pyramid Of Giza, for around $140 inc. tax.

And this is the first big lego set for me in almost 20 years; The last big one I had was a tank from SW, and that was priced around $80. Since then, I never had a space or financial capability to buy a big set like this.

Took me 7 hours to put it all together, but it was really fun! I used to love lego as a kid, and always wanted to make a big build like this again. I think I’ll buy another big build on black friday!
IMG_4759.jpegIMG_4760.jpegIMG_4761.jpeg

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh cool.

And hopefully, this will end the argument about aliens building pyramids, if it was you.

Wait...are you an alien?

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Oh cool.

And hopefully, this will end the argument about aliens building pyramids, if it was you.

Wait...are you an alien?
Shh.... you keep this quiet. I don't want world govt, religious entities, and conspiracy buffs coming down on me

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
A Lego set, Great Pyramid Of Giza, for around $140 inc. tax.

And this is the first big lego set for me in almost 20 years; The last big one I had was a tank from SW, and that was priced around $80. Since then, I never had a space or financial capability to buy a big set like this.

Took me 7 hours to put it all together, but it was really fun! I used to love lego as a kid, and always wanted to make a big build like this again. I think I’ll buy another big build on black friday!
View attachment 11625View attachment 11626View attachment 11627
That's pretty sick.

My best friend is really into legos and his wife makes fun of us when we hang out, get drunk, and build legos together.

Given that I'm currently unemployed I shouldn't be dropping money on plastic building blocks, but I really want the lego Himeji castle.

I've visited the real castle in Japan, and this would be a cool memento to remember that trip.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
That's pretty sick.

My best friend is really into legos and his wife makes fun of us when we hang out, get drunk, and build legos together.

Given that I'm currently unemployed I shouldn't be dropping money on plastic building blocks, but I really want the lego Himeji castle.

I've visited the real castle in Japan, and this would be a cool memento to remember that trip.
Yes, and I wish LEGO to continue to release more real-world architecture, I.E. The Geyongbokgung Palace in South Korea. Not gonna be the tallest build, but it's the intricate symmetry and building placement that will make it look amazing

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Yes, and I wish LEGO to continue to release more real-world architecture, I.E. The Geyongbokgung Palace in South Korea. Not gonna be the tallest build, but it's the intricate symmetry and building placement that will make it look amazing
So I've actually been to the Gyeongbokgung palace as well. Personally I found it a little underwhelming.

There's very cool parts of it, but as a whole it's just not as grand as a lot of other palaces I've been to. It also doesn't help that it's been burned down and rebuilt like 5 times. You would think that after the first couple of times they would set up more defenses around it, or maybe stop building it out of wood.

It's definitely worth seeing, especially the pavilion that's on the water. Having said that there's a lot of other structures in that same style in Japan and China that I think are much more visually impressive and deserving of lego sets.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
So I've actually been to the Gyeongbokgung palace as well. Personally I found it a little underwhelming.

There's very cool parts of it, but as as whole it's just not as grand as a lot of other palaces I've been to. It also doesn't help that it's been burned down and rebuilt like 5 times. You would think that after the first couple of times they would set up more defenses around it, or maybe stop building it out of wood.

It's definitely worth seeing, especially the pavilion that's on the water. Having said that there's a lot of other structures in that same style in Japan and China that I think are much more visually impressive and deserving of lego sets.
Yes, I am from South Korea and I know the full history; It should be noted that wood was the most abundant resource for building in that region, and while there was an option to build stuff with mud it was considered "low" class. Korea suffered so much invasion, and due to some idiot kings fleeding the palace, it was repeated it razed and rebuilt.

The last time it was razed to the ground, Koreans didn't really have much say in it since it was during the Japanese Occupation. Then there was the Korea War, and nobody had time to rebuild it until 1955.

The reason why you may have felt underwhelming is because it only has been partially restored, and the rest they are trying to going off of historical records and documentation. But much of it has been lost, and there's the debate over on building it with "historical accuracy". Also, your typical political bureaucracy, who should fund the restoration, etc.

But if Geyongbokgung Palace isn't your cup of tea, some other architectures would look cool w/ LEGO, such as Namdaemun or Bulguksa Buddhist Temple