What have you purchased recently?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Eggs, tortillas & milk!

Reactions: gorfias

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Nothing yet, but now I need to replace the prescription sunglasses that fell down the manhole I was working on 😭 that's what I get for rushing and just tucking them into my shirt, without closing the chest pocket.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
New electric razor. My old one was, well, ancient and in urgent need of replacement.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
New electric razor. My old one was, well, ancient and in urgent need of replacement.
I'll let you in on something: I mostly shave with a butter knife. Depends on how much I grew out my beard. I try and get early to prevent it from getting too long.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I'll let you in on something: I mostly shave with a butter knife. Depends on how much I grew out my beard. I try and get early to prevent it from getting too long.
And here I was thinking when I read Chimpzy's post was GAWD how does he shave with that thing?! When I shave my Hairy Viking German man here, I have to use extra sharp blades otherwise there is like sandpaper left and I wouldn't want that anywhere near me. I can't imagine that an electric shaver would do anything to it.. Like it might make it short out. His steel frocks would break the razor. XD

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Hm, butter knives aren't even sharp. That's hardcore.
And here I was thinking when I read Chimpzy's post was GAWD how does he shave with that thing?! When I shave my Hairy Viking German man here, I have to use extra sharp blades otherwise there is like sandpaper left and I wouldn't want that anywhere near me. I can't imagine that an electric shaver would do anything to it.. Like it might make it short out. His steel frocks would break the razor. XD
My facial hair is fairly soft. Good thing too, because blades always give me really annoying and persistent razor burn. "But what if you tried ...?" Yeah no, whatever trick or tip, there's about 99,9% I've tried it and it didn't work.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
There's a shaving brand called Magic Razorless Shaving Cream that is meant to be used with butter knives. Makes things super easy.

I am not even sure what I am looking at here. First thought, was," What is this, like male Nair?" But then it said for beards. Now it just looks weird and confusing. XD

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am not even sure what I am looking at here. First thought, was," What is this, like male Nair?" But then it said for beards. Now it just looks weird and confusing. XD
Never heard Nair, so that's a first for me. That style of bottle Magic has used for a long time.

My mom gave me $20 to buy some nice food. I got myself Japanese Curry Ramen.

Reactions: Kae

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sayonara Wild Hearts (PS4 Physical). Will pop this in later today. Got it at one of my favorite Best Buy location. The PS4 copy is $30 and the Switch catridge is $35. Don't know why the Switch version is $5 more. I pick that one up at a later time.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Never heard Nair, so that's a first for me.
Nair isn't great for sensitive or thin skin AFAIK (which include your balls and possibly scalp). I tried it on my head once but it wasn't great, a bit patchy and felt like it was burning. Got a safety razor and 120 blades ages ago (£26 and £7 respectively). Lasts forever (not actually forever, but a long time).

Recent purchases: dust sheets and wine. And beer. And Bagels.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Never heard Nair, so that's a first for me. That style of bottle Magic has used for a long time.

My mom gave me $20 to buy some nice food. I got myself Japanese Curry Ramen.
I am SHOCKED anyone alive has missed these awful Nair commercials or didn't hear of " Nair pranks" while in school..

People were always trying to put this in people's shampoo when I was growing up because they were truly horrible people.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Nair isn't great for sensitive or thin skin AFAIK (which include your balls and possibly scalp). I tried it on my head once but it wasn't great, a bit patchy and felt like it was burning. Got a safety razor and 120 blades ages ago (£26 and £7 respectively). Lasts forever (not actually forever, but a long time).

Recent purchases: dust sheets and wine. And beer. And Bagels.
What is a dust sheet?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
What is a dust sheet?
A big plastic sheet you use when decorating to stop paint (or dust, I guess, though it won't work) getting on your stuff. Basically an extremely thin tarpaulin (you can buy good cloth ones, but I'd only do that if I decorated a lot or had a lot of storage space).

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
A big plastic sheet you use when decorating to stop paint (or dust, I guess, though it won't work) getting on your stuff. Basically an extremely thin tarpaulin (you can buy good cloth ones, but I'd only do that if I decorated a lot or had a lot of storage space).
Ohh a drop cloth or, tarp
This?

Though I have used a dust tent when working with epoxy or other sealers to keep dust out and especially CAT HAIR out while it is setting for 72 hrs.