What HD Collections you want

Mrcolie5

Dec 5, 2011
A HD release of starwars battlefront 1 and 2, they where some of my most favourite games of all time.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
Might and Magic 8.

Loved this game as a kid, but now it does look kind of ugly... Doubt that it will be ever made, though. The series was never that popular, and even its strategy counter-part has failed to resurrect the brand.

demonbazza

Aug 10, 2012
If we are talking psx games I'd vote for the Colony Wars games - not seen much similar for a looooooong while.

From ps2 era I'd have to go for GTA HD upgrades.

(As a side note wouldn't mind some sprucing up of the PSP Jak n Daxter and Ratchet n Clank games on a shiny PS3 disc)

Brogan Cordova

Jul 29, 2012
Boy, Kingdom Hearts needs Spinoff HD Collection bad. Bring in Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, and only the cutscenes from Re:Coded and 358/2 Days. Star Wars Battlefront HD Collection needs to happen too, especially since old original Xbox Live went down. Someone suggested Phantasy Star Online, which is also a great idea.

It's pretty out there, but I would like to see .hack and/or .hack//GU HD Collections. All four original games (Infection through Quarantine) or the GU trilogy on single disks. And I know I'd like this and it's somewhat possible because on G.U. Rebirth's bonus disk they actually have HD remakes of some cutscenes from the original games (well, PS2-era HD).

I would also REALLY like to see the Golden Sun trilogy get an HD Collection and bring it to consoles. It looks beautiful even with the GCN's GBA player, I can't even imagine....

What else...? Soul Calibur 2 HD Remake as standalone with online multiplayer and create-a-character would be worth more than SC 3, 4, and 5 put together. Star Wars KOTOR HD, since it doesn't really emulate that well on 360. A Disgaea HD Collection would give an infinite amount of playable hours. Chrono Trigger+Cross HD Collection. Tales of HD Collection would probably take up 8 disks lol.

But if we're going off the deep end, how about a Legend of Zelda HD Collection? Yes, it seems like they rerelease Zelda every other Tuesday, but screw it. I would indeed pay money to see OOT's 3DS remake along with Majora's Mask HD and Wind Waker HD on one disk. The three best Zelda games brought to full, glorious HD. I would indeed pay for that.

I will say this, though. A lot of great must-have games already have much-deserved HD Collections and/or remakes, like Shadow of the Colossus, some of MGS, Beyond Good and Evil and good lord, Hydro Thunder Hurricane (well, part sequel part remake).

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
Well, they're already making Okami HD, so that leaves very little except for a Silent Hill HD collection.
And there is already a silent hill HD collection, happy hunting!

drumguy818

Oct 12, 2011
Brogan Cordova said:
Boy, Kingdom Hearts needs Spinoff HD Collection bad. Bring in Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, and only the cutscenes from Re:Coded and 358/2 Days.
I agree with this, though if they could remake 358 for home console use in a collection and expand the multiplayer aspect (possibly making the single player co-op as well), that would be pretty kickass.

Gurgleflob

Jun 29, 2012
Burnout (not that it needs HD, just release them on the PSN and I'm happy.), Crash bandicoot, Spyro, Ratchet and Clank (I know this one's coming out, but I don't have it so I do want it.).

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Deshin said:
canadamus_prime said:
I don't want any HD collections because I think HD is the biggest farce this side of 3D.
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not. Do you even *know* what HD actually IS?
Oh I assure you I'm quite serious. Also I'm well aware of what it's *supposed* to be, what it actually is on the other hand is a completely different thing. One thing is for sure, it isn't worth people creaming their pants over like cavemen who've just gotten their first look at television. ¬__¬
You just reminded me of this gem of a youtube video:

OT: As for my I would like to see a rerelease of KH. Only games that I want to play but don't want to go get a PS2 for them.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Krion_Vark said:
canadamus_prime said:
Deshin said:
canadamus_prime said:
I don't want any HD collections because I think HD is the biggest farce this side of 3D.
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not. Do you even *know* what HD actually IS?
Oh I assure you I'm quite serious. Also I'm well aware of what it's *supposed* to be, what it actually is on the other hand is a completely different thing. One thing is for sure, it isn't worth people creaming their pants over like cavemen who've just gotten their first look at television. ¬__¬
You just reminded me of this gem of a youtube video:
That'd be funny if it weren't so tragically accurate, except for the ending of course.

Mr Mystery Guest

Aug 1, 2012
Is there anyway we can petition XBLA and PS3 telling what games we want rather than them just guessing?

I would love all Grandia games, Sudoken 2, Snatcher and Skies of Arcadia with achievements.

RazielXT

Oct 19, 2009
Definitely Legacy of Kain series.
And maybe first three Spyro games, but not sure if its not just nostalgia.

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Deshin said:
canadamus_prime said:
It's literally just a picture in higher definition. Instead of a game/movie's native resolution taking up 640x480 they now come in either 1280x720 or 1920x1080 pixels. This means that people with big monitors retain crisp detail without images becoming blocky or pixelated and smaller monitors become incredibly accurate and detailed. When people re-release games in HD they typically upscale the visuals to match the respective output so the image doesn't appear stretched or blurry.

How the hell you can even compare HD to 3D and then call it a farce is beyond me. It's a farce that we're making big TVs and adjusting the video to match those TVs without looking like arse?

EDIT: Oh and as was said right above me. The Legacy of Kain series. GOD YES

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
The inFAMOUS collection that was announced the other day, it's gonna be shinny and lovely and.... why isn't there a european release date?!

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
TES III: Morrowind, the first Deus Ex, System Shock, the Soul Reaver / Legacy of Kain series, Final Fantasy IX (only if they enable taking Zidane off the team)...I can't think of any more right now.

And this, of course:

Ando85 said:
I'd like to see a Rareware collection. Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie (even though those two are available on XBL), Jet Force Gemini, Donkey Kong 64, Golden Eye 007, Blast Corps, and Conker's Bad Fur Day. I'm not too sure what the status of these IPs are, but they are some of my favorite N64 games.