What is... The coolest thing you THINK you own?

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I am making up this post entirely because of my new purchase, which I love because of how, well, unique I think it is.

I used to work in a second hand store, or part of the store, and every now and then, I would find something that I thought would be cool to buy, even though I worked there and would be given things if I asked for them.

Well, before I go to move to another town for a new job, I went in to tell my boss that I will miss him, but I've hopefully found a replacement, I do a little work, free gratis for him, and as I walk around, killing time, talking on the phone... I see something BADASS.

I found a framed poster of the Alien movie, which is awesome by itself, right? This is where it gets interesting: It's actually a poster for the Director's Cut of Alien, and it's apparently one of 5000 made, making it a Limited Edition. When it was released, Limited Edition meant what it meant, not like a Gamestop promotion where "Limited" means that it has more stuff in the box if you spend more money.

The poster, regardless of its condition, I just bought. For $3 Dollars. Hell. Yes.

It's the single coolest thing I think I can talk about owning, because unlike the unrated VHS of Elm Street 5 I own, Alien is still topical in this day and age than Freddy Krueger, which makes me THINK that it's the coolest thing I own.

I'm in love with it. It can go for some money if Amazon is any indicator, but I don't want to sell it. I could make $100 bucks, but it's too awesome to get rid of. [/bragging]

Now, to make this work for everybody else, what is the coolest thing you THINK you own? An autographed Poster or picture, or a movie signed by somebody, or some rare edition of something? Please Share. It's not everyday you get a chance to flaunt it, so why not?

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I have holy water from The Virgin Mary's death place.

Yeah, I'm serious.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Last year I got this: http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=75 as a gift from a friend. I don't know if that can be classified as the coolest thing I own, but it's the most unique thing seeing how I don't have any other toys. I gave them away to some kid ages ago when I turned 14. So it definitely stands out from the rest of my possessions.

captcha: good Samaritan

No, captcha. They're just toys.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I've got an unopened Tetra Master card set from Final Fantasy IX. I'm waiting for the day when I can afford a Triple Triad set though. Either way to me it's pretty cool.

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
I've got a 1790 printing of Titus Andronicus that was disbound from a larger volume of Shakespeare. I keep meaning to get it rebound.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I have this replica House ball that I got for my birthday a couple of years ago.

It is good to play with like House does.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Aerosteam said:
I have holy water from The Virgin Mary's death place.

Yeah, I'm serious.
im not religious in the slightest but that is pretty impressive even if it may just be ordinary water

my coolest possession is my car. It has a 2 litre engine that generates 197bhp its not massively fast in the grand scheme of things but it is a small hatch batch (just over a ton) so its just so much fun to drive

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I don't really go about collecting things, but I've got some dead cool band shirts from tours past.

This isn't me, it's just the only image of this shirt I can find.
This one is pretty much the coolest thing ever. In case you're not big on your Mastodon, it's from the Crack The Skye tour- That is Rasputin firing lasers from his fucking eyes. Yeah. I love it (quite literally) to bits, I used to wear the hell out of it so it's showing its age a little- it used to be a dark grey/blue, but it's bleached a bit now so it's kinda bluey/greeney/grey. I'll be gutted when it's unwearable, although they always come out with some cool designs so I'll have to find a worthy replacement.

(My coolest possessions are undoubtedly my basses, but I thought this was more in the spirit of the thread)

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
It depends on who you ask. I own a LOT of awesome stuff.

Lord of the Rings fan: I own Arwen's sword Hadafang and Leagolas' knives.

Video Games: I own a copy of Suikoden II, complete with booklet, case, and everything else.

Figures: I own the Square Enix Sculpture Arts of Aeris praying for Holy to work.

Bronies: I don't even know where to start...either this little figure of Minuette/Coglate as a human, this giant banner from season 1, or maybe one of the hand-made plushies I own.

What I think: Hm...I have this massive two-handed claymore. It's a replica blade from the first Highlander movie, and it's pretty neat. That one always seems to impress the most when I show people all my swords.

Aramis Night

Mar 31, 2013
This is really tough. I have a pretty nice little sword collection. I have a nice carbon steel nodachi that is as long as I am tall(think Sephiroth's masamune). I also have a folded carbon steel katana that is oversized for westerners made by Hanweii(Paul Chen). I also have a Damascus steel(not the fake Damascus style etching on steel) katana which is beautiful. I also have a replica Kadaj sword from Final Fantasy: Advent Children. Normally replica's are garbage, but this one isn't bad. I have a few other assorted blades as well, but those are my babies.

Oct 10, 2011
I have two hidden swords, one in an umbrella and one in a cane, both of which are made of brass and wood. I have no idea where they are from, but they are probably just cheap remakes (I don't want to feel bad for breaking one of them). They are still cool, nonetheless.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I have the 'Giger's Alien' art book, that covers H.R. Giger's involvement with the film through diary entries and magnificent art.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I have Banjo-Kazooie plushies! They look like this:

I also have my little truck, which has a pretty nice sound system, so that's pretty cool. It's a cute little Chevy Blazer, and it is my baby :3

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
I don't really go about collecting things, but I've got some dead cool band shirts from tours past.

This isn't me, it's just the only image of this shirt I can find.
This one is pretty much the coolest thing ever. In case you're not big on your Mastodon, it's from the Crack The Skye tour- That is Rasputin firing lasers from his fucking eyes. Yeah. I love it (quite literally) to bits, I used to wear the hell out of it so it's showing its age a little- it used to be a dark grey/blue, but it's bleached a bit now so it's kinda bluey/greeney/grey. I'll be gutted when it's unwearable, although they always come out with some cool designs so I'll have to find a worthy replacement.

(My coolest possessions are undoubtedly my basses, but I thought this was more in the spirit of the thread)
Heh, I've got one of those shirts, and it is awesome, but I don't think it was from the Crack The Sky tour (which ran from 5th June-9th August 2009, which I know because the tour shirt has the dates on it). Rather it was from their 2010 tour, because that's when I saw it for sale and bought it. and don't recall seeing it before that gig. But really that's somewhat besides the point, because mastodon are awesome (and are responsible for my username).

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Coolest thing I own? Maybe my vintage 1984 Eastman and Laird's TMNT poster. Beyond that, my Open Pandora, I guess. It's a mini linux PC with built in gaming controls, a touchscreen, and full keyboard. It's about the size of 3DS.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008

Also have a Moogle, a Happy and an Eevee.

I suppose all my cosplay gear is cool to the right person too.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
My peace of mind.

Or my original hulk hands. Not those shitty plush ones they released for the good hulk movie, I mean the good, hard foam ones they released for the shitty hulk movie. Easily one of the most dangerous toys ever made, and I had to get them off of eBay, but SO worth it.

Runner up would be my customized high-power nerf sniper rifle. It might have been first, but I so rarely find a chance to use it.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
This... is actually a tough question for me. I collect Transformers, and I've got quite a few truly awesome figures. But... I think I have to go with Masterpiece Soundwave:

This guy is freaking amazing. Comes with FIVE cassette robos, has a MASSIVE range of articulation, and he transforms into a cassette player, just like the classic toy. He's about as perfect a collector's toy of Soundwave as you could ever hope to have.