What is... The coolest thing you THINK you own?

Aramis Night

Mar 31, 2013
username sucks said:
Aramis Night said:
Oh. I do live there. I guess it's kind of fortunate that I broke the sword cane, then. A felony charge sounds pretty unpleasant. I'll assume that an umbrella sword is also illegal, so thanks for saving me from being arrested.
California weapon laws are pretty retarded. I would have been in less trouble had i been carrying a loaded gun. They treat blades as though they are more dangerous than guns here. The umbrella would be equally illegal here. They tried to give me a year. I plea bargained it down to 1 month in custody, 2 years probation, a $250 fine, and of course the "destruction" of the offending weapon. Plus now i get to tell potential employers about how I'm a hardened criminal.

gunny1993

Jun 26, 2012
Hmmmm, apparently i own nothing that's only purpose is to be admired.

But that being said it would either be my handmande Japanese gyuto knife (for cooking yo), or my Amazon kindle (1000+ books on a device that's smaller and lighter than a normal book *blows my mind yo*)

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I have a White Ensign (the Royal Navy's flag) that flew on HMS Onslaught during the second world war. The Destroyer was my Grandfathers ship and he sailed on the Northern Conveys to Russia and back. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_convoys_of_World_War_II

The other cool thing that I own is a flight yoke from a Nimrod MR2 complete with big red button for dropping nuclear depth charges.

Apostheum

Mar 30, 2011
Holographic, authentic Mew-Pokémon card. NOT the hieroglyph-like one you got from watching the movie, but the one that was made with the original batch of Pokémon,

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
My computer. It's cool because it glows blue. From the only side that's solid, it kind of looks like the monolith from 2001 A Space Odyssey

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I own the first edition of the awesome Graphic novel/Encyclopedia "LMS: Killbook of a BountyHunter"

Becuase there were only few copies of this book and most of them aren't get a change to get published normally, now it cost over 500 dollars to get it!!! Lucky me.

I am very glad to have it because I will be honest here, it is much better than the new edition [which I also own :)]

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
An Octus medal. Oh yeah. The one from GOW3 Epic edition, I just find it so cool, haha.

mistahzig1

May 29, 2013
For Christmas I bought myself a Chewbacca winter coat and it's reversable as a Han Solo coat.

It's the coolest, most geeky thing I own and am DAMN PROUD of wearing it! I either get a disgusted smile from people who don't know the reference (it's hideous in a lovable way) or a genuine smile from a fellow geek.

Damn I love my coat!

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
I'm torn between my Puella Magi soul gem necklace, Puella Magi grief seed keyring or Mr Flibble hand puppet.

My Puella Magi stuff isn't actually rare or anything, I just really like the design.
And it feels pretty cool to run around and pretend I'm a Puella Magi myself.

That being said, I also adore my plushies - Kyubey and Monokuma. <3

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
The coolest thing I own? Or the coolest thing I think I own? :p

I...I think I own the Statue of David but I'm not sure... Wait! Is that cooler than the Mona Lisa??

Haha, honestly I'm not too sure which thing I own is the coolest. Possibly a photograph of me holding a baby panda?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I know the coolest things I DO own...

I love a bit of traditional and classic stylings, and my room and attire reflects this... Amongst things I have a tailored 3 peice navy blue suit and bowler hat, and a blue velvet jacket and bowtie... I also have a bar globe in my room, which I love to death! I have a tweed weekend bag too, which I really like!

I don't know really... A lot of the things I own I think are awesome, but most arn't particularily rare or anything like that. I hate anything signed... If I wanted an object scribbled on I would do it myself, and it would only serve as a constant reminder that it was once touched by someone probably greater than myself... which would not play well to my self-esteem. :p

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
albino boo said:
I have a White Ensign (the Royal Navy's flag) that flew on HMS Onslaught during the second world war. The Destroyer was my Grandfathers ship and he sailed on the Northern Conveys to Russia and back. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_convoys_of_World_War_II

The other cool thing that I own is a flight yoke from a Nimrod MR2 complete with big red button for dropping nuclear depth charges.
Wow... this is a pretty cool haul! As my job doesn't involve going anywhere near actual equipment I haven't managed to grap any cool gizzits within the military yet... I once 'hijacked' an advertisement banner for the new Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier, but I re-established it within the crew bar at work... I have never been back to that particular base, so don't know if it is still there! :S

The ensign though... that is incredible! Will you hand it down as a heirloom, or will you eventually donate it to a museum? Do you have it on display with his medals?

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I don't buy anything for it's 'cool' factor. As such, the only things that could fall under this category for me are magic cards as I've been collecting since revised. Classic cards of note:
- Complete playset of all Dual Lands including a Mint Unlimited Underground Sea
- Playset of Gaea's Cradle, Force of Will
- Foil Promo Swords to Plowshares
My personal favorite though....

Card Text: Players must leave game in progress as it is and use the cards left in their libraries as decks with which to play a subgame of Magic. When subgame is over, players shuffle these cards, return them to libraries, and resume game in progress, with any loser of subgame halving his or her remaining life points, rounding down. Effects that prevent damage may not be used to counter this loss of life. The subgame has no ante; using less than forty cards may be necessary.

Oracle Text: Players play a MAGIC subgame, using their libraries as their decks. Each player who doesn't win the subgame loses half his or her life, rounded up.

This card is just absurd and has led to many a fun reaction when played against people who don't know about it's existence. Sadly I only own 1. Before it got banned I always wanted to build a deck with 4 of these, regrowth effects and tons of exile cards like swords to plowshares. It would be Green/White/Black (for tutors). These cards aren't shuffled back in subgames so the idea is that whittle your opponents library over multiple sub-sub-sub games. It's the kind of deck I'd want to build and play once or twice a year at best for a laugh.

In reality I ran it in my weenie white deck for quite awhile. Turn 1 Savannah Lions, Turn 2 Shahrazad.
Win the subgame and attack for 2 bringing your opponent down to 8 life! Good times!

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Well I have an autograph and picture with the voice actor of Woods from Black Ops...He was a cool guy to meet and stuff. I also have a signed picture from Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flannery. Also a signed convention badge from Claudio Sanchez of Coheed and Cambria.

I own nothing cool LAWL.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
SweetShark said:
I own the first edition of the awesome Graphic novel/Encyclopedia "LMS: Killbook of a BountyHunter"

Becuase there were only few copies of this book and most of them aren't get a change to get published normally, now it cost over 500 dollars to get it!!! Lucky me.

I am very glad to have it because I will be honest here, it is much better than the new edition [which I also own :)]
OH MY GOD I OWN THE NEW EDITION OF THIS AND I ADORE IT AHHH
sorry I fangirled. I love this book.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
I know the coolest things I DO own...

I love a bit of traditional and classic stylings, and my room and attire reflects this... Amongst things I have a tailored 3 peice navy blue suit and bowler hat, and a blue velvet jacket and bowtie... I also have a bar globe in my room, which I love to death! I have a tweed weekend bag too, which I really like!

I don't know really... A lot of the things I own I think are awesome, but most arn't particularily rare or anything like that. I hate anything signed... If I wanted an object scribbled on I would do it myself, and it would only serve as a constant reminder that it was once touched by someone probably greater than myself... which would not play well to my self-esteem. :p
I am addicted to Tweed. I have 5 tweed jackets, 2 tweed suits, 2 tweed coats, 2 Norfolk tweed jackets(a ploy to avoid her in doors ban on more tweed, didn't go down well) 4 tweed caps 2 tweed grouse hats and 1 tweed trapper hat. I have my eye on tweed hunting suit, but I will have to wait until she who must be obeyed does something bad before I can get away with buying it.

Elementary - Dear Watson said:
albino boo said:

Wow... this is a pretty cool haul! As my job doesn't involve going anywhere near actual equipment I haven't managed to grap any cool gizzits within the military yet... I once 'hijacked' an advertisement banner for the new Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier, but I re-established it within the crew bar at work... I have never been back to that particular base, so don't know if it is still there! :S

The ensign though... that is incredible! Will you hand it down as a heirloom, or will you eventually donate it to a museum? Do you have it on display with his medals?
The Ensign is framed behind UV glass and is hung on the wall in my office at home about 3 feet from where I'm typing this, sitting at his desk. Its going to be a family heirloom. My grandfather was not one for medals so they sit in the desk draw but the flag represented their collective effort as crew which did mean something to him.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Aside from building bad ass computers to play games on, I also prepare for economic collapse and spend way too much money on guns, freeze died food, 55 gallon water barrels, gas masks, ammo, etc. I will soon be getting a ham radio and a false mirror from tacticalwalls.com.

I've never been big on pop culture.