What is... The coolest thing you THINK you own?

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
I have a $3,000 12 inch Wacom Cintiq sitting on my desk. It's majestic.

Aside from it I don't really collect things... at all. Leaves my work desk a little bit boring in comparison to my work mates.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Megalodon said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
I don't really go about collecting things, but I've got some dead cool band shirts from tours past.

This isn't me, it's just the only image of this shirt I can find.
This one is pretty much the coolest thing ever. In case you're not big on your Mastodon, it's from the Crack The Skye tour- That is Rasputin firing lasers from his fucking eyes. Yeah. I love it (quite literally) to bits, I used to wear the hell out of it so it's showing its age a little- it used to be a dark grey/blue, but it's bleached a bit now so it's kinda bluey/greeney/grey. I'll be gutted when it's unwearable, although they always come out with some cool designs so I'll have to find a worthy replacement.

(My coolest possessions are undoubtedly my basses, but I thought this was more in the spirit of the thread)
Heh, I've got one of those shirts, and it is awesome, but I don't think it was from the Crack The Sky tour (which ran from 5th June-9th August 2009, which I know because the tour shirt has the dates on it). Rather it was from their 2010 tour, because that's when I saw it for sale and bought it. and don't recall seeing it before that gig. But really that's somewhat besides the point, because mastodon are awesome (and are responsible for my username).
I think the official CtS tour shirt is different (as far as I remember it looked like the album cover with some funky glow in the dark bits), but that's the only time I've seen Mastodon on tour. If it's from the 2010 then I have no idea what kind of witchcraft happened. And indeed, Mastodon are awesome.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
It depends on who you ask. I own a LOT of awesome stuff.

Lord of the Rings fan: I own Arwen's sword Hadafang and Leagolas' knives.

Video Games: I own a copy of Suikoden II, complete with booklet, case, and everything else.

Figures: I own the Square Enix Sculpture Arts of Aeris praying for Holy to work.

Bronies: I don't even know where to start...either this little figure of Minuette/Coglate as a human, this giant banner from season 1, or maybe one of the hand-made plushies I own.

What I think: Hm...I have this massive two-handed claymore. It's a replica blade from the first Highlander movie, and it's pretty neat. That one always seems to impress the most when I show people all my swords.
I have tried to find Hadafang for ages but I have been unable to find it at a price I would pay as the best I found was £600, the worst was £950.

I do however have Glamdring and Sting.
Right. I forgot I owned Glamdring too. It's hanging above my bed. Hadafang I got as a birthday present several years ago. Sadly, I have the same problem with the High Elven sword that you have with Hadafang. It used to be available for a reasonable price ($200 or so), but now that it's 'out of print,' it goes for way too much money. Going to get Tauriel's knives next before they become impossible to find.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Probably the most valuable hobby-related thing I own (barring a car, console, tv, or PC, obviously) is probably Panzer Dragoon Saga. I hope it still has value, as I hope to sell it along with my Sega Saturn at SOME point.

WildManBill

Sep 26, 2009
An M9A1 Bazooka, yes they really are legal to own. I also own an M1 rifle-grenade launcher, but that is far less impressive as it is only good if you have the $2000 rifle to put it on, without that, it's just an ugly paperweight. They are surprisingly cheap, and you don't need any licensing or paperwork to own one, just fifty bucks and done.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I have a collection of video game paintings that my best friend painted for me. I will endeavor to take screenshots of them and post them here. I currently own three, The Master Chief from Halo 3, a Big Daddy from Bioshock (complete with a "would you kindly" on the back painted in blood), and the Normandy SR-2 from Mass Effect 3, although he makes a habit of making me one every Christmas or birthday. I love that guy.

I also own the memorial statue of Noble Team from Halo: Reach from the Legendary edition of the game

And I also own the Connor statue from the Assassin's Creed 3 Freedom Edition, despite the game being... meh, It was a gift from a friend, its a nice little thing.

UPDATE:
Here we are
<spoiler=The Master Chief>

<spoiler=Big Daddy w/ Would you kindly>

<spoiler=Alliance Normandy SR2>

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
64bitgamer said:
WWmelb said:
64bitgamer said:
Well I have a copy of the New York Times from the day after we landed on the moon. It's not in super great shape or anything. It's over forty years old so the paper is yellowed, but the news print is all in one piece and readable. I have a piece of cardboard in the center to maintain the fold, and its in a piece of plastic wrap for protection. One of these days, I want to get it framed, I'm just not entirely sure if I need to cut out the first page, or if its really possible to put the whole thing on display.
I'm a picture framer, and it is indeed possible to put the whole thing on display, however, depending on how you go about it, can be DAMN expensive to do so.

Only thing i would make sure as a must when you frame it is to use conservation grade (at a minimum) glass, which will protect it from 99.9% of UV light, and keep it pristine for a good length of time.. decades.

Do NOT cut out the first page. Keep it intact. If you don't want to be leafed through at all, it is possible to seal the entire paper between two pieces of high quality glass, keeping it nice and flat as well as protected. Make sure if you do this though that the glass is coated first with an acid free laminate that won't absorb ink, may take some time finding it, or else one day you may need to replace the glass for some reason and it will have eaten all of the ink off the paper when you take it off.

I would check with a local framer or a local museum on the best way for to preserve your piece of history. I haven't personally worked with old newspaper myself, so i'm just listing things off that occur to me could cause issues.

But yeah, be careful keeping it in plastic wrap, as if any moisture gets in, that is going to cook it and kill it.

On topic...

Coolest thing i own..

1972 Custom built fender telecaster probably takes the cake.

Although i do love my Songbird statue...
Thank you so much for the advise! I had been worried about the proper way to preserve it. I know a framer nearby that has "Museum Quality" glass, so I'll make to to ask if that's a marketing term, or if its actually blocking out the UV light. Something like acid free laminate is a term I haven't even heard of before.
Museum grade glass is amazing, and bloody pricey lol. But no, it isn't just a marketing term, museum glass will definitely block UV, and it is so clear you can't even tell it's there. I love the stuff.

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
I have a WWII era, Japanese officer sword given to me by my grandfather
as well as two wooden bokken and two pairs of nunchuks

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
I have a WWII era, Japanese officer sword given to me by my grandfather
as well as two wooden bokken and two pairs of nunchuks
( sorry i don't know why that was doubled)

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
A "Return of the Jedi" poster signed in silver sharpie by 26 of the original cast members, George Lucas and John Williams.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
Megalodon said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
I don't really go about collecting things, but I've got some dead cool band shirts from tours past.

This isn't me, it's just the only image of this shirt I can find.
This one is pretty much the coolest thing ever. In case you're not big on your Mastodon, it's from the Crack The Skye tour- That is Rasputin firing lasers from his fucking eyes. Yeah. I love it (quite literally) to bits, I used to wear the hell out of it so it's showing its age a little- it used to be a dark grey/blue, but it's bleached a bit now so it's kinda bluey/greeney/grey. I'll be gutted when it's unwearable, although they always come out with some cool designs so I'll have to find a worthy replacement.

(My coolest possessions are undoubtedly my basses, but I thought this was more in the spirit of the thread)
Heh, I've got one of those shirts, and it is awesome, but I don't think it was from the Crack The Sky tour (which ran from 5th June-9th August 2009, which I know because the tour shirt has the dates on it). Rather it was from their 2010 tour, because that's when I saw it for sale and bought it. and don't recall seeing it before that gig. But really that's somewhat besides the point, because mastodon are awesome (and are responsible for my username).
I think the official CtS tour shirt is different (as far as I remember it looked like the album cover with some funky glow in the dark bits), but that's the only time I've seen Mastodon on tour. If it's from the 2010 then I have no idea what kind of witchcraft happened. And indeed, Mastodon are awesome.
Indeed that the tour shirt is the one with the album cover on it. I guess it's possible that they hadn't got the stock of that shirt the first time I saw them on that tour (Sheffield, first tour date), and then they'd run out of stock by the second time I saw them (Sonisphere, second to last tour date). That was a good year for gigs...

Zak757

Oct 12, 2013
I can't find a picture of it online, but I do own a helmet used by the RCAF to fly F/A-18 Hornets from the 80's. Nothing digital about it, unlike the newer versions.

red ant

May 18, 2009
A decorative japanese katana, supposed to be authentic but it does not matter to me

Either that or the fish ice pop molds to make some nice looking pops

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Hero of Lime said:
Definitely my grandfather's sword collection. Over 30 different swords ranging from broad swords, rapiers, katanas fencing foils, and a bunch of others. Plus the two Master Sword replicas I've gotten myself. ;)
Is it possible to get some picutres?

Because that sounds so awesome! Especially the master swords, are they in your opinion better than the master sword the "Man At Arms" guy made?
If you don't know what that is, Youtube "Man At Arms, Master Sword" = awesome :D

I don't know what the coolest thing I own is :/
I don't collect stuff or get over rare items almost at all...
Soooo, maybe my ticket collection from all the Liverpool games I've been to?
Or my Warhammer 40k Ork (small) army... other than that I don't really know.

I do have shirts from bands like KISS and Scorpions that are older than me, which I've got from my dad, and are still in very good shape :)

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Guffe said:
Hero of Lime said:
Definitely my grandfather's sword collection. Over 30 different swords ranging from broad swords, rapiers, katanas fencing foils, and a bunch of others. Plus the two Master Sword replicas I've gotten myself. ;)
Is it possible to get some picutres?

Because that sounds so awesome! Especially the master swords, are they in your opinion better than the master sword the "Man At Arms" guy made?
If you don't know what that is, Youtube "Man At Arms, Master Sword" = awesome :D

I don't know what the coolest thing I own is :/
I don't collect stuff or get over rare items almost at all...
Soooo, maybe my ticket collection from all the Liverpool games I've been to?
Or my Warhammer 40k Ork (small) army... other than that I don't really know.

I do have shirts from bands like KISS and Scorpions that are older than me, which I've got from my dad, and are still in very good shape :)
I wish my Master Swords were as good as the Man at arms one, they are cool, but nothing amazing.

It would take some work since I would have to scour the messy garage to find them, but I would like to round them all up and take some pictures. I'm trying to think how I would do that. XD

Aramis Night

Mar 31, 2013
username sucks said:
I have two hidden swords, one in an umbrella and one in a cane, both of which are made of brass and wood. I have no idea where they are from, but they are probably just cheap remakes (I don't want to feel bad for breaking one of them). They are still cool, nonetheless.
I hope you don't live in California or Massachusetts. I was locked up on a felony charge for having a sword cane.

Oct 10, 2011
Aramis Night said:
Oh. I do live there. I guess it's kind of fortunate that I broke the sword cane, then. A felony charge sounds pretty unpleasant. I'll assume that an umbrella sword is also illegal, so thanks for saving me from being arrested.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Probably my coyote skull. His name is Yorkie:

I also have a custom-made pink fetus plushie, and a Mister Spooky squeaky toy (from Johnny the Homicidal Maniac), but I don't have any pictures of them.

Oh, and I have the bat in my avatar on a big, full-colour poster (it's my own art). I should probably display that thing someplace more prominent than where I have it now.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
A fedora that was complimented by JesuOtaku herself. Granted, I think she was being sarcastic, but still.