What is The Escapist reading?

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
My current choice of reading would be The Inheritence Cycle. I'm beginning from square one with Eragon. I loved these books and just recently found that I owned the box set with all three in hardcover. I should have a fun semester ahead of me!

Who wouldn't love a face like that?

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
orangebandguy said:
I myself am reading The Horus Heresy series. I'm currently on Flight of the Eisenstein.
Im currently reading an omnibus called "The Founding" by Dan Abnett. Its 3 novels in 1 book about Gaunts Ghosts. Halfway through it and then the next omnibus is awaiting me "The Saint".

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Well, if I manage to stop procrastinating I will read my new H.P. Lovecraft short story collection. I really want to read it, I just need to start first!

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Nine-Hundred Grandmothers by R.A. Lafferty
its a collection of short-stories, some of which are absolutely amazing. My favorite so far being 'Thus We Frustrate Charlemagne'

saintchristopher

Goes "Ding" When There's Stuff.
Aug 14, 2009
it's rapidly becoming "that time of year" again for horror fans, so I'm gearing up by rereading The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Tales by H. P. Lovecraft.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
I've just started Fire and Sword by Simon Scarrow.

It's the third book in a four part series about the lives of The Duke of Wellington and Napoleon Bonaparte. They are pieces of fiction about the two great leaders and a fascinating read.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Right now I'm reading a 3 book collection called Chronicles Of The Black Company. It's a fantasy series written by Glen Cook in the 80s. There's more to the series after these 3 though so I'm gonna have to pick those up.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Z of the Na said:
My current choice of reading would be The Inheritence Cycle.
I read those books too and thoroughly enjoyed them. I can't remember though, the story didn't end in the third did it? Is there a fourth book coming out?

Blackmagic1515

Jul 6, 2009
Currently Enchanter's End Game by David Eddings, the fifth book of The Belgariad series. Eddings is quite possibly one of my favourite all time authors.

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
Right now? The Gospel of Matthew, yes from the Bible, for my ancient literature seminar.

Also at the moment The Prince by Machiavelli, for my philosophy class.

For fun, Thunderball by Ian Flemming

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
At the moment I am reading The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect by Roger Williams [http://www.kuro5hin.org/prime-intellect/].

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
JUMBO PALACE said:
Z of the Na said:
I read those books too and thoroughly enjoyed them. I can't remember though, the story didn't end in the third did it? Is there a fourth book coming out?
Liked Eragon, Loved Eldest.

Brinsgr was a giant turd in a chocolate box. Incredibly disappointing. Stopped caring about the series after that.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
The most recent Skulduggery Pleasant book. "Mortal Coil" or something like that.

That book gets pretty darn grim around halfway through. But I love it anyway.
Because it's Skulduggery Mo'Fo'ing Pleasant.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
L change the world.
Because The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases was the first book I ever bought and read for fun, and I finished it in less than a day.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
JUMBO PALACE said:
Z of the Na said:
The author has announced a fourth book, to be the final one, but no title or publishing date has been set. In Brisingr, it ends with a massive cliffhanger. The series was originally going to be a trilogy, but he had so much to put in the third book that he split it into two parts.

Thus, there is going to be a fourth book to come out. We've been waiting about two years for it now...