What is The Escapist reading?

Blondi3

Sep 12, 2008
Reading "The Gathering Storm" by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. Yay book 12 of the wheel of time! 13th is coming out in November. Can't wait!

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Z of the Na said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
Z of the Na said:
My current choice of reading would be The Inheritence Cycle.
I read those books too and thoroughly enjoyed them. I can't remember though, the story didn't end in the third did it? Is there a fourth book coming out?
The author has announced a fourth book, to be the final one, but no title or publishing date has been set. In Brisingr, it ends with a massive cliffhanger. The series was originally going to be a trilogy, but he had so much to put in the third book that he split it into two parts.

Thus, there is going to be a fourth book to come out. We've been waiting about two years for it now...
Ahh yes now I remember. All I could recall was that I had been waiting a long time. Sounds to me like he just wanted to stretch it out to see if the movie was successful (damn it was bad) and try to make more money :p

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
I finished A Clockwork Orange and I'm about half way through The Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy's Increasingly Inaccurately Named Trilogy. Then I might read Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep or How To Kill A Mocking Bird.
/Way out of my league in literature.

noeggsforyou

Jul 5, 2010
The dice man by Luck Reinheart and Do androids dream of electric sheep? by Phillip K Dick both for around the 5th time

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Hosker said:
I was thinking about starting on Terry Pratchett, would you reccomend them?
This summarises it:
So, yeah. Like, really. Here's the the reading guide [http://www.au.lspace.org/books/reading-order-guides/the-discworld-reading-order-guide-1-5.jpg].

I'd recommend starting with the Death novels (because honestly, the link between Thief of Time and Night Watch is pretty damn big, not minor) and then reading the Watch novels. They're said to be the best 2 Discworld series.

Especially Hogfather and Soul Music are just made out of pure win (just check out the latter's cover [http://www.lspace.org/ftp/images/bookcovers/uk/soul-music-2.jpg]) and Guards! Guards! was the first book that made me cry with laughter (mainly thanks to the 2 AWESOME Dirty Harry references, you'll see).

*ahem*

Anyway, as for myself, I'm currently rereading Guards! Guards!. I'm waiting for Turn Coat, book 11 in The Dresden Files series, to arrive so I can read that.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Engarde said:
The Passage, by Justin Cronin. Its bigness makes me feel comfortable with myself.
Me too :D
It's about to get interesting too, but I left it at my apartment :(

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
Currently reading The Broker by John Grisham. It's ok but not as good as some of his other stuff.

After that I need to buy Legion from the HH series and the second omibus for both the Gaunts Ghosts and Gotrex and Felix series aswell as reading Polar Shift by Clive Cussler. I read more than I think I do it seems.

KindOfnElf

Mar 15, 2010
"Island" by Aldous Huxley for the first time (and the last), and "Philosophia Ultima" by Osho for the third time, but I understand it for the first.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Currently I'm reading stuff for my English A Level - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, Antony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare and Enduring Love by Ian McEwan. The first three are fantastic pieces of literature - I'm reading the play, as opposed to seeing it - but the final book there is disappointing in its interminable dullness.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
orangebandguy said:
I myself am reading The Horus Heresy series. I'm currently on Flight of the Eisenstein.
How is that? I'm a fan of 40K (and have been since Rogue Trader days) but I've heard mixed reactions about the novelizations of the most intriguing portion of space marine history.

I don't usually read sci-fi (except for maybe Robert Rankin, RA Wilson, and Douglas Adams... okay, I guess I do like sci-fi books, if you count them) but I've really gotten into one a friend has written, it should be out early next year.

I'll probably pick up Mogworld next.
So far I've only read the Luna Wolves and Dark Angels story arcs.

Dark Angels ones were a bit underwhelming, but the Luna Wolves ones were amazing.

And plus Angron makes a rather violent and hilarious appearance in the second one.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
orangebandguy said:
And plus Angron makes a rather violent and hilarious appearance in the second one.
I forget, what did he do again that was so funny? I know he's pretty much in rage mode 24/7 due to those inplants in his head that make him act like the way he does.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
dalek sec said:
orangebandguy said:
I forget, what did he do again that was so funny? I know he's pretty much in rage mode 24/7 due to those inplants in his head that make him act like the way he does.
Basically in the final battle of the campaign Angron leads the spearhead through the breach and the defenders detonate seismic charges under the fortress trapping Angron for dead under tonnes of rubble.

Later when the battle is all but over, Angron breaks out of the rubble not realising the battle has ended and kills all the enemy soldiers and generals during the peace talks.

googleit6

May 12, 2010
I'm in the middle of reading the fourth book in Dean Koontz's Frankenstein. I'm over half done, and NOTHING has happened yet. Seriously, Dean Koontz?

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Hosker said:
I've just started reading The Silmarillion and i'm too far into Skulldugery Pleasant.

El Poncho said:
Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett.

6 more novels to go and I have read all 38 of them:)
I was thinking about starting on Terry Pratchett, would you reccomend them?
Yes, I reccomend them 100%:)